Bridgeport doesn’t have a hotel? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bridgeport doesn’t have a hotel?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I recommend the Hi-Ho in Fairfield. A cute motel that was renovated a few years ago, it's not expensive and it has a Barcelona and a liquor store attached to the building. Just 10 minutes from downtown Bridgeport.

That and Circle Inn are probably the two best bets without spending 3x at the delamar.
Or the Trumbull Marriott.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Or the Trumbull Marriott.
Literally, just across the Trumbull border is where every developer cut a deal - Westfield mall, industrial park, a big box cluster, Regional Arts (then Regional STEM) magnets, cineplex, and a couple day surgery places -inafter telling the city's 'pay to play' powers to buzz off: Main Street, Old Town Road, Hawley Lane, e been arguably Park Ave. I've never seen anything like it or so blatant.

And, oh yeah, the people who sold their sunrise-facing neighborhood for the, "Yeah, add another lane on the way outta the city" express route before Rt 25 shrinks down to a lazy 2 lanes in Trumbull decamped for Easton while running the highway right up against the dammed up Pequonack (aka Bunnel's Pond) on border of the once-proud & fully shaded Olmsted-designed Beardsley Zoo, with Lake St retained as the address for the aforementioned Sunnyside Inn on the cut off west side of the northern escape to nowhere. At least Scinto used Rt 8 to create access to Shelton's Class A office space, even if he did get pinched for paying off the officials in that town.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
If you are looking for chow in Bridgeport, I'd recommend Ralph & Richs, Rootsman Kitchen (you won't get shot) or BRYAC. Merritt Canteen can be hit or miss. Yolk good for breakfast sandwiches. There's also a good place in Little Vietnam who's name escapes me, but it's on a corner.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
' of the north end place where I've been the past few nights.'
safe house? halfway house? underground railway house for those fairdale county folks trying to kick kale chip addiction? i bet they got e-car charging stations, and dr. bronners soap in all the batrumes.
Your sniffing on the right idea, but totally off on the vibe & particulars: Ms V's House of Neurodivergence, where a splendid time is guaranteed for all. Eatin' good in the neighborhood, and one of 3 hang spots after the Westville lease closed out a couple weeks before grandbaby debuted for CT family, and I'm now tying up loose ends before summer with gurgles & wails & teething & rolling over & first crawls in Kentuckiana, and (quoting you) prolly more there or somewhere else south of Mason Dixon beyond that, in the supporting role of "Poppy."

Reaction Score
If you are looking for chow in Bridgeport, I'd recommend Ralph & Richs, Rootsman Kitchen (you won't get shot) or BRYAC. Merritt Canteen can be hit or miss. Yolk good for breakfast sandwiches. There's also a good place in Little Vietnam who's name escapes me, but it's on a corner.

Pho Hong Thom?

Add El Pueblito which has great food as well. Merritt hasn’t been the same in years but still a quality spot for burgers and dogs, etc.

Anyone from the North End remember Hillview Market? Shame it closed.

Reaction Score
The Shelton hotels put you close to about a dozen restaurants. But if you want a great Frutti dI Mare head to Testo’s in Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Westfield Ave., right around the corner from Lupe's Drug Store.

Ahh I grew up a stones throw away too. Fairfield side, Jackman/Park corner, right across from the 30/30. Now I live in Stratford - which I thought you lived in as well? I really loves that area and have a nostalgia for the old haunts.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Grew up a half hour outside of Bridgeport and raised my family a half hour outside of Newark and the two cities have a lot in common. Newark is in the middle of a tremendous resurgence however. NJIT and Rutgers, the PAC, Prudential, environmental groups (I was on board of Passaic River Coalition) and caring pols to name a few involved in the comeback. On a vacation last year in Cal met a couple who had decided to retire to Newark! You won’t hear that about Bridgeport now but maybe in a couple of decades?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Bridgeport is very small geographically, only 16 square miles, which is one of its problems. There is not much incentive to rebuild Bridgeport because Shelton, Trumbull and Fairfield have large corporate parks and lots of retail and office space, and they are 5-10 minutes away. I don't have any great ideas for fixing Bridgeport's downtown, because I don't know how you entice businesses to locate in downtown Bridgeport when there are plenty of nice office and business districts 5 miles from downtown Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
I recommend the Hi-Ho in Fairfield. A cute motel that was renovated a few years ago, it's not expensive and it has a Barcelona and a liquor store attached to the building. Just 10 minutes from downtown Bridgeport.
I remember the uproar when the snobs wanted to change the name because of the association with the name.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Pho Hong Thom?

I think it was Pho Saigon. Because its on a corner of Wood Avenue, a block from Pho Hong Thom. But it was long ago enough, before I concert at the Klein where many adult beverages were consumed, that I'm really not sure. Both places have good reviews!

Also, adding I saw recently a Vietnamese place was trying to open in Keene, NH. The city zoning board did not approve their signage because of it's name. Pho King Good.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think it was Pho Saigon. Because its on a corner of Wood Avenue, a block from Pho Hong Thom. But it was long ago enough, before I concert at the Klein where many adult beverages were consumed, that I'm really not sure. Both places have good reviews!

Also, adding I saw recently a Vietnamese place was trying to open in Keene, NH. The city zoning board did not approve their signage because of it's name. Pho King Good.
Especially after learning the correct pronunciation of pho.

The one with the 45 degree angle on Wood Ave is where I used to go.
On a vacation last year in Cal met a couple who had decided to retire to Newark! You won’t hear that about Bridgeport now but maybe in a couple of decades?
I can instantly count 4 friends who have downsized and moved as retirees or empty nesters from West Redding, Weston, and Fairfield to Black Rock and love it, so some version of this is clearly already happening.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom