Bridgeport doesn’t have a hotel? | The Boneyard

Bridgeport doesn’t have a hotel?

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I’m looking for places to stay in Fairfield county and noticed that there aren’t any hotels in Bridgeport at all? Not that you’d want to stay there but seemed crazy to my wife and I that a city with minor league sports teams and 150k people doesn’t have a single hotel.

Reaction Score
You dont want to stay at the Sunnyside Inn? /s

It actually looks pretty nice...
rawImage.jpg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
It actually looks pretty nice...
View attachment 77019
bbut across the street is a killer fish market! seriously, stuff u ain't never seen or even heard of is there, so there's that. the trefz boys got waxxed by the bug thing, and now the hotel will be apartments. i like Bridgeport, and don't need no stinkin hotel to be there, soooo, there's that, too!

'stuff u ain't never seen or even heard of is there,'
and prolly would never want to eat. and believe you me, i eat plenty of weird stuff.

nice pic. nailed it.

Reaction Score
The city is very hotel poor, but I think there is a Holiday Inn within the city limits.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
And to think, I bought a watermelon, a head of romaine lettuce, 2 broccoli crowns, and 4 Portuguese rolls from the Food Bazaar across the street less than two hours ago.
of course u did.

weird asian and south american foods? c'mon, tell us what u really bought.
kitchy rice noodles with a faint odor of ham and feet? that place is sooo you. lol.
what, no kelp and elephant tail take away?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
of course u did.

weird asian and south american foods? c'mon, tell us what u really bought.
kitchy rice noodles with a faint odor of ham and feet? that place is sooo you. lol.
what, no kelp and elephant tail take away?
Nah, the grill was already going, and I was tapped for a few fill-ins. Don't make me switch browsers just to post the receipt.

Besides, it should be enough that I did yoga in Seaside Park this morning, and arranged for a mobile detail duo next Thursday in the driveway of the north end place where I've been the past few nights.

When Bazaar first opened, I Iived on Lake Forest, but, sure, almost everybody I know now lives in Black Rock and either rides a bicycle or downsized from a fancier town in Fairfield County.

Yep, different fish.

Reaction Score
Yes very strange there’s no major hotel brands seeing it’s the largest city in CT

Reaction Score
I’m looking for places to stay in Fairfield county and noticed that there aren’t any hotels in Bridgeport at all? Not that you’d want to stay there but seemed crazy to my wife and I that a city with minor league sports teams and 150k people doesn’t have a single hotel.
I recommend the Hi-Ho in Fairfield. A cute motel that was renovated a few years ago, it's not expensive and it has a Barcelona and a liquor store attached to the building. Just 10 minutes from downtown Bridgeport.

Reaction Score
Yes very strange there’s no major hotel brands seeing it’s the largest city in CT

Unfortunately my City is in ruins and has suffered from corruption for far too long. Not many places in the county where the Mayor can spend time in prison, get out, and win re-election. I was very disappointed in the electorate.

Anyone else from Bridgeport? I grew up on Oak Street.

Reaction Score
Originally from Bridgeport.

Extremely difficult to sustain a hotel in a poor city that lacks an employment base.

A hotel is planned for Steel Point.

Reaction Score
I recommend the Hi-Ho in Fairfield. A cute motel that was renovated a few years ago, it's not expensive and it has a Barcelona and a liquor store attached to the building. Just 10 minutes from downtown Bridgeport.
That and Circle Inn are probably the two best bets without spending 3x at the delamar.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Best Western on Kings Highway Fairfield is walking distance from Pepe's. Circle Inn is ok. HiHo is pricey since the renovation and not near anything except the Merritt and Barcelona, which has gone downhill over the past decade ( the original in Norwalk used to be great) when some crazy venture capital group paid $400 million for the "chain"

There is also a small motel next to the Seagrape at the end of Reef Road. The FTC used to put the musicians up there, I raged late late night once there with Russell Batiste from the Funky Meters!

Reaction Score
bbut across the street is a killer fish market! seriously, stuff u ain't never seen or even heard of is there, so there's that. the trefz boys got waxxed by the bug thing, and now the hotel will be apartments. i like Bridgeport, and don't need no stinkin hotel to be there, soooo, there's that, too!

and prolly would never want to eat. and believe you me, i eat plenty of weird stuff.

nice pic. nailed it.
This place has an incredible selection of seafood but forget the Sunnyside Inn.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Their building a brand new one, right next to the Trumbull mall, right over the Bridgeport line.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
ok haters, now you've gone and done it. we're putting u on 'the list.'
first call to the state popo downtown -'yo, cliffy here. add these clowns to spyops.'
second call to Captains Cove - 'ban 'em.'
third call to the arena and music place - 'apprehend on sight.'
fourth call to great gramms - 'no more halushka, paprikash, or palacsinta for them.'
fifth call to preacher - 'no more aki or jerk chicken for these mooks.'
sixth call to jorge - 'cut them off from the arroz com pollo'
last call to tony - that never ends well.

rts1joe1.jpg

we ain't playin with youse anymore. and don't think u will skate by passing thru on the interstate. we're putting up checkpoints, too.

west side in da house! hilltoppers rule!

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Hotel motel no more Holiday Inn Bridgeport. The Trefves's sold it for conversion to apartments. I always got a room there for Gathering of the Vibes. Made party money/favors by "renting" it for 2-hour shifts during the day, naps in air conditioning and a shower, profit!!!! (plus I slept there 4 am to 11 am). Good times.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Nah, the grill was already going, and I was tapped for a few fill-ins. Don't make me switch browsers just to post the receipt.

Besides, it should be enough that I did yoga in Seaside Park this morning, and arranged for a mobile detail duo next Thursday in the driveway of the north end place where I've been the past few nights.

When Bazaar first opened, I Iived on Lake Forest, but, sure, almost everybody I know now lives in Black Rock and either rides a bicycle or downsized from a fancier town in Fairfield County.

Yep, different fish.
' of the north end place where I've been the past few nights.'
safe house? halfway house? underground railway house for those fairdale county folks trying to kick kale chip addiction? i bet they got e-car charging stations, and dr. bronners soap in all the batrumes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom