Brianna Turner Verbals to Notre Dame | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brianna Turner Verbals to Notre Dame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Didn't ND have two wins against UCONN in the FF before this year? Or was it just one?

Actually, it was three. 2011, 2011, and 2012. I was at each one.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Darn, that 2011 game must have been doubly painful.
It was painful but we don't have to worry about that anymore, because moving forward we are almost unbeatable and its because of discipline and defense. In a couple of years when Turner is a soph junior or senior ND might be able to beat UConn again but for the next 2 years it wont happen.

The problem Geno will have is clearing the bench late in the game, calling off the pressure defense, going into a zone and trying not to embarrass their opponets. I see 50+pt wins this season. I don't see a team coming within double digets of UConn this season either.
This team may be better then the Tina Renee Maya Kalana team.

Reaction Score
Oh ETT can say what he must.... that is OK..... some of his commentary is pretty good..... but here at UC, we have no apologies to anyone..... Baylor should have made the requisite adjustments with LVille..... should have won that game despite the 3 pt shooting..... better defense would have negated those 3 pt statistics...... despite their cries of "FOUL!", Baylor should be thankful for the benefit of calls/non-calls in that game..... no technical on Mulkey after Walz getting a technical for less grievous histrionics.... and I never have detected, after many viewings, a foul on the Odyssey drive to the basket with a few seconds left...... LVille was deserving..... and wow, saw that profanity that was postgame rant by Destiny Williams I think..... I want to hope it wasn't in fact true..... cause it was brutally profane...... anyway, ETT is innocuous enuf, I think, and UConn rocks yes it rocks...... Oh, and about ND, maybe they will gel..... Muffet I think is a very good coach...... wonder if their strategy in the next couple of years will be "drive to the basket and get to the line"..... it served them well during the good streak they had with us.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Other than Griner and Sims.... what elite Texas players have stayed in state in the past 5-7 years ??
In 2012, Courtney Williams and Jordan Jones went to Texas A&M. They were McD/WBCA AA's. Guess it depends on your definition of "elite".

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wow 2014/2015 season already. :eek: (did we win the 2013/2014?? did I miss it?)

However, I'm still liking a core of KML (Sr), Stewart, Tuck, Jefferson (Jr)
over
Loyd (Jr), Reimer, Allen (So), Turner (Fr).

Then add in Banks, Stokes (Sr), Chong (So) and as of now Ekmark, Edwards, Williams (Fr)
vs
Wright, Cable (Sr), Mabrey (Jr), Nelson (So) yea that's pretty much it.

Heck even 2015/2016 with Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson as seniors. That's pretty formidable right there. A couple even role players and you have a great team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Wait till Chong gets acclimated. She'll surpass Mo Jeff like she was standing still. Her skill level is off the charts. She has the size advantage, shooting advantage and rebounding advantage over Mo Jeff. Just wait and see. Also, her court vision is incredible.
While I would love that to happen, I certainly don't expect it. And would be shocked if it were to happen. Jefferson was not the highest rated PG to come out of HS in years for nothing. I fully expect her to be an AA at some point in her career. Remember if Stewart (a DT/Moore level player) had not been in her class, Jefferson would have been pretty much a consensus NPOY.

If Chong ends up better than Jefferson, that would be very nice indeed.

HGN

Reaction Score
Congrats to Turner and they've got Reimer too. Good get for ND. Now UConn may have some competition in the FF in a few years. Many of you are concerned that ND is going to win a NC. I'm not concerned. Most likely they will have to go thorough UConn and if they do that wont happen for a few years yet. For the next 2 years UConn should walk right through another NC unless we have to many key injuries. If we get Wilson we may be looking at a lot more NCs. Don't forget it takes a couple of seasons for bigs to develop. Breanna is the exception. Many kids will be looking at UConn in their future. The AAU circuit already knows UConn and what they've done. After this coming April when Geno and UConn break the record of 8 wins more kids are gonna want to come to UConn. Understand UConn is attracting a lot of top AAU players. Right now we're loaded. Bria and Stef graduate this season so more kids coming up will find it attractive to play at UConn and travel and win Championships. We are Number 1 and will remain number 1 because of what Geno has built over the past 20 years. Its going to take a lot for other coaches to catch up to him especially when he has a 20 year lead.
TonyC, I agree with you. But I will add that there is plenty of room for newcomers on the UConn roster for guards and bigs. With Bria and Stef graduating next year and Stokes , Banks , and KML the following year, there's playing time to be had. Also , it seems that Geno doesn't build a roster just for the current season. He seems to build a sustainable roster for going forward. He plans 2-3 years ahead. I think the 2014 Class is key for UConn going forward and maintaining its competitive edge. With the likes of Gabby , Courtney , and Sadie onboard its a good start. But adding Wilson , Calhoun , and Westbeld could propel 2014 into the stratosphere.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In 2012, Courtney Williams and Jordan Jones went to Texas A&M. They were McD/WBCA AA's. Guess it depends on your definition of "elite".

They wouldnt fall into my definition of elite.
While I would love that to happen, I certainly don't expect it. And would be shocked if it were to happen. Jefferson was not the highest rated PG to come out of HS in years for nothing. I fully expect her to be an AA at some point in her career. Remember if Stewart (a DT/Moore level player) had not been in her class, Jefferson would have been pretty much a consensus NPOY.

If Chong ends up better than Jefferson, that would be very nice indeed.

I would disagree.... while Jefferson may or may not have been the 2nd best player in the 2012 class... I just cant see the national groups awarding a home school player as the consensus NPOY.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I doubt ND is promising Turner a starting position, she just knows her chances of earning one is better there.

Calhoun knows her chances of beating out Madison Cable, are much better than beating out KML, or Ekmark. We will see what her priorities are.
I have to differ with you on Calhoun. UConn has plenty of room for Sierra. Sierra will be a wing along with Ekmark. Chong Williams and Edwards are guards. All we need now is Wilson and Westbeld and another big or 2 in one of the two following classes. UConns roster is not full of AAs. UConns roster has room for Sierra a a couple of more recruits. Duke is loaded with AAs. ND just picked up Turner Reimer and I forgot the others. The perfect place for Sierra right now is UConn. She will play because of the short roster and she will be developed with a NC group of players, plus UConn is in her backyard and her family can come watch her and her brother play.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
They wouldnt fall into my definition of elite.
So I guess it begs the question, what would your definition be?

I would disagree.... while Jefferson may or may not have been the 2nd best player in the 2012 class... I just cant see the national groups awarding a home school player as the consensus NPOY.
I suppose you could argue the awarding part, and we would never know. However, there is not much argument with her being ranked #2, mainly because she was.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I have to differ with you on Calhoun. UConn has plenty of room for Sierra. Sierra will be a wing along with Ekmark. Chong Williams and Edwards are guards. All we need now is Wilson and Westbeld and another big or 2 in one of the two following classes. UConns roster is not full of AAs. UConns roster has room for Sierra a a couple of more recruits. Duke is loaded with AAs. ND just picked up Turner Reimer and I forgot the others. The perfect place for Sierra right now is UConn. She will play because of the short roster and she will be developed with a NC group of players, plus UConn is in her backyard and her family can come watch her and her brother play.
Sounds good to me Tony, hope it sounds good to Calhoun.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Sounds good to me Tony, hope it sounds good to Calhoun.
I think it already does. Lets just wait and see. Its a tuff decision but imo there is so much more that UConn can offer and for those kids looking to play UConns roster is short and that means to me a lot of playtime for everybody. The reason Why? We are so good for the next couple of years Geno has the luxary of playing everybody every game, because I don't think we can lose. To talented, to good, and hey we're UConn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom