Brianna Turner announces top 5 [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brianna Turner announces top 5 [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
No inside information, but I suspect Brianna ends up @ Stanford. Hard to turn down the Stanford degree and what that offers. The fact that Texas is not on her list has to be a disappointment to their fans.
I stopped reading at, "No inside information."

Reaction Score
. . . already you're throwing a wet blanket on UConn's chances. . . Why share your negativity? . . .

Why not? If everyone who posted here was a pollyanna it would be a pretty
dull board.

Hey, we've got Tony. Surely there's room for the occasional nay-sayer (trolls and
other snarky types excepted).

And, of course, there does exist the remote possibility that Ms. Turner may
decide to go somewhere other than UConn.

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
Interesting note: these are currently the top 5 schools in both polls.

Baylor certainly needs her more than the other 4 schools. They will be hurting for frontcourt players after this year. They've landed some good players to give them numbers and keep them relevant after Griner and Sims leave, but they need some more star power to keep them near the top. Turner would be a nice compliment to Prince, Wright, and Davis along with Calvert. Caldwell and McGowan would put them right back at the top of the country on paper. Not sure how important staying close to home is after this list, but they have that advantage as well.

Duke and Stanford are obviously the premier academic basketball schools. I didn't know Turner would be looking at that route, but good for her if she's got the grades. Both schools loaded up their frontcourts in 2013 though. As a top 3 prospect, I think Turner would still get lots of minutes...but somebody wouldn't. FWIW, Turner was on the U17 with Greenwell and Chidom and also visited Duke with them.

Not sure what Notre Dame has to offer that the other schools don't but she would give them a great forward to pair with Reimer inside. They could go big an play them at the 3/4 and put Nelson or Thompson at the 5 or they could go small and play them at the 4/5 and surround them with Allen, Loyd, and one of their shooters.

Finally, Uconn is likely the front runner for the next couple of titles. The amount of talent on the roster will either be their biggest ally or biggest enemy in this 2014 class. There are minutes to be had with the lack of numbers so I think they will look to take 3-4 more players in addition to Ekmark and are certainly in the mix for all the great ones. But will the elite forwards like Turner and Wilson want to come play with Stewart and Tuck for 2 years or will they think they will have to come off of the bench for two years and go elsewhere? I do think you could play Stewart, Tuck, and Turner/Wilson at the 3/4/5 with any combination, so maybe it won't be an issue. If they can snag an elite combo guard and an elite post player to go with Ekmark and maybe Calhoun, then Uconn would remain the prohibitive favorite for even longer. Geno hasn't had many problems delivering when he's got the talent.

Reaction Score
Interesting note: these are currently the top 5 schools in both polls.

Baylor certainly needs her more than the other 4 schools. They will be hurting for frontcourt players after this year. They've landed some good players to give them numbers and keep them relevant after Griner and Sims leave, but they need some more star power to keep them near the top. Turner would be a nice compliment to Prince, Wright, and Davis along with Calvert. Caldwell and McGowan would put them right back at the top of the country on paper. Not sure how important staying close to home is after this list, but they have that advantage as well.

Duke and Stanford are obviously the premier academic basketball schools. I didn't know Turner would be looking at that route, but good for her if she's got the grades. Both schools loaded up their frontcourts in 2013 though. As a top 3 prospect, I think Turner would still get lots of minutes...but somebody wouldn't. FWIW, Turner was on the U17 with Greenwell and Chidom and also visited Duke with them.

Not sure what Notre Dame has to offer that the other schools don't but she would give them a great forward to pair with Reimer inside. They could go big an play them at the 3/4 and put Nelson or Thompson at the 5 or they could go small and play them at the 4/5 and surround them with Allen, Loyd, and one of their shooters.

Finally, Uconn is likely the front runner for the next couple of titles. The amount of talent on the roster will either be their biggest ally or biggest enemy in this 2014 class. There are minutes to be had with the lack of numbers so I think they will look to take 3-4 more players in addition to Ekmark and are certainly in the mix for all the great ones. But will the elite forwards like Turner and Wilson want to come play with Stewart and Tuck for 2 years or will they think they will have to come off of the bench for two years and go elsewhere? I do think you could play Stewart, Tuck, and Turner/Wilson at the 3/4/5 with any combination, so maybe it won't be an issue. If they can snag an elite combo guard and an elite post player to go with Ekmark and maybe Calhoun, then Uconn would remain the prohibitive favorite for even longer. Geno hasn't had many problems delivering when he's got the talent.

A good post. However, Caldwell for as far as we know is considering UConn....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Why not? If everyone who posted here was a pollyanna it would be a pretty
dull board.

Hey, we've got Tony. Surely there's room for the occasional nay-sayer (trolls and
other snarky types excepted).

And, of course, there does exist the remote possibility that Ms. Turner may
decide to go somewhere other than UConn.
Indeed, every fan board needs its resident cheerleader and resident Eeyore. Or it least seems to have them.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
If Geno is proving anything this year it's if you have talent and work hard you will get quality PT. When was the last time Geno gave 3 freshmen as many minutes?

tnvolfan65

Loyal LV Fan
Reaction Score
A good post. However, Caldwell for as far as we know is considering UConn....

Yeah she is. I didn't mean to imply she wasn't if I did. Caldwell is among many prospects considering Uconn at this point.

Reaction Score
No inside information, but I suspect Brianna ends up @ Stanford. Hard to turn down the Stanford degree and what that offers. The fact that Texas is not on her list has to be a disappointment to their fans.

Is this a generic opinion that Stanford will get every recruit that can get in...?

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
Didn't I read in here a couple of times that Sue Bird has her Stanford acceptance letter framed and hanging on the wall?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Didn't I read in here a couple of times that Sue Bird has her Stanford acceptance letter framed and hanging on the wall?
+++1

And how did things work out for Sue?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I accept the trophy. LOL Geno said something about the next class that was positive. Turner Caldwell Wilson Ekmark Calhoun is a good start.

Reaction Score
I accept the trophy. LOL Geno said something about the next class that was positive. Turner Caldwell Wilson Ekmark Calhoun is a good start.
If Geno can pull that kind of class than even your 195-0 will seem conservative :)

Reaction Score
They have to be accepted for admission. If she gets into Stanford she will probably go there.
Why is there such a presumption?????? As has been mentioned, although Baylor and UConn are good academic schools, Notre Dame and Duke are held up as the top tier of academics. Why would Stanford have an advantage over either of these schools????? Duke has a wonderful campus and is blessed with lovely weather for the vast majority of the year. Maybe they would automatically have the inside track if academics were the key element in her decision.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Wilson is the one I really wanna see verbal. I have a feeling that there is one player we havent heard about that will surprise everyone. Somebody who were not familiar with, maybe from overseas, who he met at the Olympics. Just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom