Brianna Banks Article | The Boneyard

Brianna Banks Article

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
She believes she can make an impact

"The thing that strikes you the most about her is her ability to get to the basket almost any time she wants," UConn coach Geno Auriemma said. "She's a much better shooter than I thought she was, a much better 3-point shooter than I thought she was. But it's going to be on the defensive end where maybe she has a big impact.''

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Grandma Doty likes her too:

"I don't even know if she knows how much potential she has sometimes," Doty said. "But she's going to be a good factor. And as she continues to improve and learn, she's going to be a great player for us."

Updated aditional quote:

“She’s great with her athleticism,’’ Doty said. “She definitely grew up from the summer working hard with individuals with (UConn assistant coach) Shea (Ralph). You see an improvement after every workout. She still has so much potential."

She's a great defender, great at getting to the basket, and a better shooter than Geno thought. Sounds like a player!

She averaged 5 steals per game as a high school senior. I see a rash of Banks robberies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
ND will likely look nearly the same as last year, with Achonwa replacing Bruiser at forward:

G Diggins 5'9"
G Mallory 5'10"
G Novasel 5'11"
F D. Peters 6'2" (should be stronger this year)
F Achonwa 6'3"

If Geno decides to insert BBanks and put her on Diggins, Doty will probably sit. If you want to maximize defensive pressure with Banks in the game, you want Tiff and Kelly in as well. This way, you can switch while Diggins runs around attempting havoc and keep a good defender on her. Tiff and Banks can jointly handle backcourt duties.

With Achonwa replacing Bruiser, I think Geno has Buck, MJ or Stokes in the game alongside Stef, leaving two of them in while Stef is resting. We can't afford to have only one player (Stef) over 6' tall on the floor against these guys for any significant length of time. We simply need some people to step up. KML should also see a lot of time against ND - she is strong enough to lock horns with Novasel or Mallory. Theirs is not a speed game; they like to bang you and get on the boards. So we will introduce them to Miss Lewis.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
P.S. We now have an 1180-character limit..... no more lengthy tomes !!

--- or spread it over two panels --- :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Miss Lewis will introduce herself: "That's a 3 in your face!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics