Briana Turner has 22 points at halftime!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Briana Turner has 22 points at halftime!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruinbball

@biglurp
Reaction Score
She was really thrown to the wolves- but I bet she is a force this year. We recruited her hard. At Four she made a move in the paint with the ball that was very impressive. I think she will make that big sophomore leap.
Geno also quit recruiting her after watching one of her games live. On the Geno Show a few days later he gave some remarks about what he dislikes seeing in potential recruits. He stated something to the effect of he hated seeing larger players that were unwilling to battle and always wanted to hang outside and shoot.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Geno also quit recruiting her after watching one of her games live. On the Geno Show a few days later he gave some remarks about what he dislikes seeing in potential recruits. He stated something to the effect of he hated seeing larger players that were unwilling to battle and always wanted to hang outside and shoot.
that could apply to just about every HS basketball player... let Geno tell it

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd will be a huge loss for ND next year. Not sure they'll be better next year. Who knows in the preseason polls, the voters just might have the Lady Vols as the #1 team with the addition of Diamond, Te'a Cooper and Mercedes Russell back. Thankfully don't have to think about that until next year. :):)

Just think of what ND will be next year as Turner gets a year older - yet UCONN will be preseason number 1 - expect Muffett's head to explode.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Really? He specifically mentioned her - or inferred it was her in the comment you noted? I just thought I remember losing Reimer and Mavunga to No Car and being pretty disappointed. Hmmm

Reaction Score
Jewell Loyd will be a huge loss for ND next year. Not sure they'll be better next year. Who knows in the preseason polls, the voters just might have the Lady Vols as the #1 team with the addition of Diamond, Te'a Cooper and Mercedes Russell back. Thankfully don't have to think about that until next year. :):)
Jewell Loyd is a junior so she will be back next year.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Really? He specifically mentioned her - or inferred it was her in the comment you noted? I just thought I remember losing Reimer and Mavunga to No Car and being pretty disappointed. Hmmm
The juxtaposition was pretty clear with the visit bruin mentioned. I remember it at the time and, also, similar opinions from some across the region in the Big 10. A number of whom considered Mavunga the much stronger player and recruit.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
Wow- thks for this info bruin... And IB! I must have missed that.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
People can say all they want about how good Wilson is, but I would take Turner over her in a heartbeat!

and over which of our recruits?

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
mhshuskies said:
not worse ever, just having poor judgement

You know in the days leading up to the season opener there has been several articles posted containing comments by Geno on the kind of recruit he looks for, and the kind of kind of kids that commit to UConn.

Anybody curious about either of those two, go have a look.

And there are only so many schollies per year

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Seems like there are a lot of super freshmen this year. Putting up those kind of numbers, even against an overmatched opponent, is big time. Why? Because ND is not a 1-woman team and if they are feeding Turner that much it means she's been practicing well and is an integral part of their offense. I look for her to have a big time career at ND.

Or she is a Diggins wanna be in training...

Reaction Score

As another poster stated LLoyd will be back. Secondly, it is exciting to think next year UCON/ND/USC and Tenn - with that said there is not one iota of a chance that Tenn gets a a mojority preseason rank ahead of UCONN. Maybe a wacko voter or two.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Turner and Wilson are both good and will make an impact for their teams. However this season UConn is really good defensively and next season with 6'5 Butler in the middle 6'4 Stewart 6'3 Samuelson and 6'2 Boykin and Collier I think UConn is in very good shape for a few more years. Heck Baylor get Brown and somebody will get MCCown 6'7 but we've got Geno and with the talent Geno has well I still like our chances a lot.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Any word on Allen? She isn't necessarily filling the stat sheet in a blow out game. Hoping she isn't hurt.
Allen is not hurt and she played very well, but she didn't fill up the stat sheet. She shot 2/3, dishing out 5 assists and getting 4 steals without committing a turnover. Considering she only played 19 minutes, I'd say that's very good. With Notre Dame's motion offense, the PG's chief responsibility is bringing up the ball, as all players are responsible for passing and assists are more evenly distributed. As a team, ND had 27 assists, so Lindsay's numbers were perfectly acceptable.

Reaction Score
and over which of our recruits?

I'm not comparing Turner to any of our freshmen since our freshmen are all guards. Turner in all likelihood is the best post player in the 2014 class. As I said I would take her over Wilson in a heartbeat. Wilson likes to play outside and not in the paint.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm not comparing Turner to any of our freshmen since our freshmen are all guards. Turner in all likelihood is the best post player in the 2014 class. As I said I would take her over Wilson in a heartbeat. Wilson likes to play outside and not in the paint.

Wilson has not really been billed as a post player since USC lists her as a guard, right? I still take Wilson as an overall better player due to her versitility. USC already has plenty of post presence with Ibiam and Coates.

Reaction Score
Wilson has not really been billed as a post player since USC lists her as a guard, right? I still take Wilson as an overall better player due to her versitility. USC already has plenty of post presence with Ibiam and Coates.
I thought that Turner looked better during the tournament with Napheesa Collier. I think it was the USA U18. Just an informal opinion.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Off the thread topic, but HS super scorer Tyra Buss made her collegiate debut for Indiana today. The Hoosiers won by a mere 61 over Gardner-Webb. Buss was 8-14 for 18 points, 7 steals, and 5 assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom