Brian Koontz is a known UConn serial provocateur | The Boneyard

Brian Koontz is a known UConn serial provocateur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  1. I will wait a moment & then read the Ashiru thread.
  2. Koontz is a Pom Pom waiving Syracuse fan. His Twitter page makes that abundantly clear. He regularly ... serially ... Wrote negative columns about Calhoun while he was with the Danbury paper. (And then lost his job). He was nasty.
  3. He followed Jake Voskuhl & his girlfriend out to his SUV & thought HE had a scoop - yeah the kid had a nice ride. Turns out it was provided by his uncle. Koontz article was drooling with venom ... And landed with a thud.
  4. Needless to paint too colorful a picture: his description of Pasqualoni as the Father from Syracuse tells you a lot.
  5. Neither Mike diMauro or Brian Koontz should be writing about anything near a UConn story. They are mostly filling phrases with venom dripping trying to impede the advance of this UConn AD. We have the capacity to bury the CNY powerhouse & the ZipCode fan base of the Jesuits. It's purely using CT papers to drag US down. Thinly veiled.
I don't know about Ashiru. I don't think Diaco has run scores of players off ... Certainly far less than Edsall at Maryland. And far less than when Greg Robinson landed after Pasqualoni at Cuse. I don't like this story. And, I hope Warde Manuel does ask questions.

But ... We need to put a target on Koontz's back. His new job at the Connecticut Post should NOT be a regular lever to knock UConn down a peg. He's transparently not going to be positive.

PS: Pardon me while I edit. Hard typing this from my phone.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
And in The Post this morning, the game capsule says it's at The Rent!

Reaction Score
No surprise who's shilling for him!

BCgenius9:34am via Twitter Web Client
Terrific piece here by @briankoonz on UConn football. I believe Mr. Manuel owes Mr. Ashiru an explanation. ctpost.com/uconn/article/…

(Even though I agree WM should have a conversation w/ the Dad if the Dad wants one - though the conversation should be w/ BD as head coach)

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Huh. Remember when we were freaking out about Diaco giving out participation medals and being too nice, talking about love and diligence? I suppose now we can freak out about Diaco being a mean, vitriolic S. O. B. like late 00's Calhoun. Either way, Koontz & friends have fodder for their columns and Pal & pals have fodder for their posts.

Reaction Score
No surprise who's shilling for him!

BCgenius9:34am via Twitter Web Client
Terrific piece here by @briankoonz on UConn football. I believe Mr. Manuel owes Mr. Ashiru an explanation. ctpost.com/uconn/article/…

(Even though I agree WM should have a conversation w/ the Dad if the Dad wants one - though the conversation should be w/ BD as head coach)

LOL hacks.

Reaction Score
That dope from New London's twitter handle is BCgenius? Wow. Holy lack of humility Batman. Dude works for a newspaper in New London. I'm sure that's how he envisioned his career turning out when he walked across that graduation stage on the Heights

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
That dope from New London's twitter handle is BCgenius? Wow. Holy lack of humility Batman. Dude works for a newspaper in New London. I'm sure that's how he envisioned his career turning out when he walked across that graduation stage on the Heights
He's a colossal , but managed to get the women's board's collective granny panties in a bunch by writing a column questioning a player's fitness level. Calling her fat, in other words.

Reaction Score

Don't fault him for his Twitter handle. It's not like there was any competition for it...

Reaction Score
and I thought that was dannel p malloy bashing UConn all these years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member