Bria & KML win gold, dominate...(along w/ Sims) | The Boneyard

Bria & KML win gold, dominate...(along w/ Sims)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Team USA buried the Russians to win Gold and finish 6-0 at World University Games. Odyssey Sims was declared MOP of the tournament, but a strong case could be made for either Bria or KML. Sims played 143 minutes, scored 76 points, had 32 assists and swiped 12 steals. Her only negative was 19 turnovers. Great job..!!

KML played more minutes (150), scored more points (78) and pulled down more rebounds (41) in her bid to be MOP. KML also made nine 3's (vs 3 for Sims), had 8 steals and only 13 turnovers. All Bria did was lead the team in scoring w/ 81 points, tie Sims in minutes w/ 143, grab 15 rebounds, deal 20 assits, make 9 steals and nail nine 3 point baskets, including several clutch shots vs the Russians. And she only had 13 turnovers. Either could have been MOP...

But it is perfectly alright to give MOP to Sims.... Bria and KML will just take this year's NC....Go Huskies...!!

Reactions: HGN

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Team USA buried the Russians to win Gold and finish 6-0 at World University Games. Odyssey Sims was declared MOP of the tournament, but a strong case could be made for either Bria or KML. Sims played 143 minutes, scored 76 points, had 32 assists and swiped 12 steals. Her only negative was 19 turnovers. Great job..!!

KML played more minutes (150), scored more points (78) and pulled down more rebounds (41) in her bid to be MOP. KML also made nine 3's (vs 3 for Sims), had 8 steals and only 13 turnovers. All Bria did was lead the team in scoring w/ 81 points, tie Sims in minutes w/ 143, grab 15 rebounds, deal 20 assits, make 9 steals and nail nine 3 point baskets, including several clutch shots vs the Russians. And she only had 13 turnovers. Either could have been MOP...

But it is perfectly alright to give MOP to Sims.... Bria and KML will just take this year's NC....Go Huskies...!!

Nice summary. No quarrels with Sims winning MOP. Gold is all that matters. Champions showed their championship pedigree today.

Reaction Score
It caught the end of the game and they looked very good. Too many answers for the Russians. IMO, Bria was the MOP.....Sims is so strong that players bounce off her........Congrats to her and Team USA!!!

HGN

Reaction Score

I agree D-I-Naples............Either one of the 3 could have been MOP. I think they gave the MOP to Sims based on her consistent and steady play throughtout the tournament. Either way USA walks off with The Gold. And there is no 3-way tie for that bad boy....:D

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great game by the entire team. I thought it was interesting in the NC game that Sims, Hartley, Hooper, KML and Harberts were the only players to log over 20 minutes in the game. Was surprised that Liston and Schimmel got so few minutes (not sure if they were injured or how the total minutes in the 5 previous games panned out). Still, great game by the team. And great performances over the 6 games!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Great game by the entire team. I thought it was interesting in the NC game that Sims, Hartley, Hooper, KML and Harberts were the only players to log over 20 minutes in the game. Was surprised that Liston and Schimmel got so few minutes (not sure if they were injured or how the total minutes in the 5 previous games panned out). Still, great game by the team. And great performances over the 6 games!

Liston looked a step slow, particularly defensively. Shoni looked a couple of steps slow because she's not in the best of shape.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Odyssey IMHO won the MVP or Bria & KML because of her defense. KML played great defense as well, but Odyssesy's was more visible during games. She'd get steals and then drive for baskets.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

I think Liston averaged in double figures scoring the first 3 games..... perhaps there was more of an emphasis on defense later in the tourney and her minutes dropped accordingly.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Interesting that as of 6:06 PM Eastern, ESPN has not acknowledged the win on its Woman's BB page.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
A tiny question, not affecting the game, but when the USA had 50 points, they scored a score, and it wasn't recorded. I didn't see any indication that it was waived off. Did anyone else see why it wasn't counted?

edit - never mind, there was something called. The announcers missed it, but it happened before the basket so no good.

Reaction Score
Did they announce the tournament team? if there was such a team I would assume Bria and KML would be on it

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
That Kaleena is a hardware collector, like Sue, Dee, and Maya before her. Keep in mind that she is only a junior, and a young one at that, as her birthday is late in the year.

Bria struggled much of last season, but seemed to find her mojo in March. I look for her to have a stellar senior season. Can we have 4 of the 10 AAs?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
071513_0249.JPG

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Nice pic. It seems that playing at UConn gets you lots of extra travel. And medals.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Well the summitt thinks that the USA team would be better if they had more posts to rebound the "clankers the UCONN players throw up"!!!

Really?? Dear Lady Moles, see Simmons!

They also think that the Olympic team will not be good until the UCONN influence is gone!!

Ha!

Thought you guys could use a laugh this evening!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If Bria is 5'7" then KML is only 5'9".
The roster has them 5" apart. :)

Not that we should let reality creep into a thread, but 5'9-1/2" and 5'11-1/2" are really close.

I've seen Bria in person iwhen she was wearing flats and standing next to me, She's WAY over 5'7".

Reaction Score
Well the summitt thinks that the USA team would be better if they had more posts to rebound the "clankers the UCONN players throw up"!!!

Really?? Dear Lady Moles, see Simmons!

They also think that the Olympic team will not be good until the UCONN influence is gone!!

Ha!

Thought you guys could use a laugh this evening!

The two UCONN "Clankers" were 12 for 19 overall in the title game and 5 for 9 from three. Someone who wears orange at times shot 33% (although she played nice defense as did the two HUSKIES)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The team associated with the Summitt is the original "Clankers R Us."

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Bria was 6 for 7, 2 for 3,
amazin, amazin, amazin, in the words of the immortal sage.

U

UCONNfan1

The two UCONN "Clankers" were 12 for 19 overall in the title game and 5 for 9 from three. Someone who wears orange at times shot 33% (although she played nice defense as did the two HUSKIES)
Additionally, the 2 UCONN players let the team in average PPG scoring, KML was 1st in rebounding and Bria was 2nd in assists (behind Sims). Not for nothing, but their star PG was 6th on the team in minutes, but in spite of all that time on the court, 2nd to last in scoring, and 5th in assists. There's a reason why Bria and KML played and scored so much more than she did.

And one thing that stood out to me on this board - Simms won the MVP or whatever it's called, and not a single UCONN fan posted that they felt it was wrong. Congrats to her and to UCONN fans for being so much more classy. Then again, that should come as a surprise to no one who follows both teams...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom