Bria article with some interesting Geno quotes | The Boneyard

Bria article with some interesting Geno quotes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
  • Yes, Geno ended practice early yesterday but he "wasn't concerned" about the lackluster finish.
  • "Bria is not a point guard", sez Geno.
  • And he addresses the issue of having teams like Fairfield on the schedule rather than "playing Stanford, Baylor [et al] five times"
Big Game Player, JI

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
"I definitely think I have become more of a vocal leader."

Should that statement by Bria be on some other recent thread?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Heather views this as an opportunity to improve her left hand. Good for her!

Looking for a vocal leader? I thought coaches get paid to lead, and that Auriemma guy is a bit on the mouthy side. :)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
to expand a bit on Nan's comment...

“Bria is not a point guard but she had to play that position last year because Caroline wasn’t here,” Auriemma said. “Now we have to zig and zag a bit. Bria is better playing off the ball and being a scorer. We need her to be more of a playmaker when Caroline is not on the court.”

makes total sense to me. assuming CD stays healthy, i assume Bria will never be the starting PG at UCONN. Moriah will be able to come in next year and learn, and then hopefully be ready to start her sophomore year keeping Bria as the starting 2G.

Reaction Score
Next year Mo Jefferson will backup Caroline and this should also help Bria Hartley. Geno will need to recruit another pure point guard from the 2013 or 2014 class to backup Mo after Caroline leaves.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Next year Mo Jefferson will backup Caroline and this should also help Bria Hartley. Geno will need to recruit another pure point guard from the 2013 or 2014 class to backup Mo after Caroline leaves.
I still have hopes that Brianna Banks will be getting serious minutes once she becomes familiar with the UConn offense. She's another guard that can play on the ball or off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom