Brendan Adams: What's his position? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams: What's his position?

Reaction Score
Thanks for continuing to be cryptic and pretending to be all knowing.

Nothing about my post had a hang up over starters. And clearly I thought it was worth a discussion topic- on a message board vs waiting months for minutes to give me the answer. Great insight you've provided.
Some of us on the board prefer short, clear, concise replies to long, exhausting and overly long questions. Sometimes less is more.

Reaction Score
He is far too valuable coming off the bench where he is needed most
1-2-3-4
He is a great guy to have on your team. I suspect he will eventually even shoot close to the Giffey range. He is the kind of guy that great teams have.
Call him a Glue guy which is not a term I like

Reaction Score
Some of us on the board prefer short, clear, concise replies to long, exhausting and overly long questions. Sometimes less is more.
So, you can't read. Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Feel from to ignore me or skip my posts.

Telling me to be short and sweet in defense of the guy who makes a long post after every game is funny.

C

Chief00

Telling me to be short and sweet in defense of the guy who makes a long post after every game is funny.

Chief is living rent free in your head. Feedback helps all of us improve, it should be your friend not your enemy. If you focus on minutes, you will understand Danny perspective on players much better.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I feel like Gaffney and BA are being severely slept on for next season. I predict at least one of them will break out

No stealing Gaffney from me. I already have him for the Ollie/Brown PG who every fan predicts will have reduced role due to another playing entering program and starts every game instead.

Reaction Score
So, you can't read. Ok, thanks for letting me know.

Feel from to ignore me or skip my posts.

I read and write very well. I also have the ability to comprehend what intelligent posters write. But when someone of your miniscule stature posts a wordy thought that has to be sat on until they can figure out how to word it. And then has the audacity to attack me for making a statement they didn't like.....you are most definitely a candidate for self fornication.

Reaction Score
I read and write very well. I also have the ability to comprehend what intelligent posters write. But when someone of your miniscule stature posts a wordy thought that has to be sat on until they can figure out how to word it. And then has the audacity to attack me for making a statement they didn't like.....you are most definitely a candidate for self fornication.
Thanks feel free to ignore me.

C

Chief00

I feel like Gaffney and BA are being severely slept on for next season. I predict at least one of them will break out
What’s difficult to calculate this season due to COVID-19 is will there be a summer of improvement? Chief thinks the two areas Gaffney can improve in the most are outside shot and defense. Getting stronger will help him defensively and his form isn’t horrible, so his shooting % can improve.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's a big guard or small forward. He's your Swiss Army Knife. He's also the backup backup PG. He will shoot a little, drive a little, screen people, defend multiple positions and get rebounds. He provides toughness and leadership.

He's a nowhere near as good version of Marcus Smart. Incredibly useful player to have coming off the bench.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Thanks for continuing to be cryptic and pretending to be all knowing.

Nothing about my post had a hang up over starters. And clearly I thought it was worth a discussion topic- on a message board vs waiting months for minutes to give me the answer. Great insight you've provided.
Cryptic appears to be a personal issue. If you don't know enough about the game to understand @Chief00 's post then you can;t blame him. Ignorance may be bliss, but it is the leading cause of confusion.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
There have been a couple of notable and welcome pullbacks in another thread I just read, including a, 'Yeah, on second thought, you're right.' Nice stuff in tense times.

I'm not saying that any among you, @Chief00, or @bigknight3 are right or wrong, just that some of the bickering is withering.

How do I mean this?
I truly doubt there's an appreciate audience or great value in the following:

You ended a phrase with a preposition.
You placed a period instead of a comma after a complex phrase that wasn't a sentence.
You used too many periods in forming an ellipsis.
And you mixed pronouns in the same sentence.

None of these fit well with the claim of writing "very well."

We can all benefit from some humility.

Reaction Score
What’s difficult to calculate this season due to COVID-19 is will there be a summer of improvement? Chief thinks the two areas Gaffney can improve in the most are outside shot and defense. Getting stronger will help him defensively and his form isn’t horrible, so his shooting % can improve.
Handle

Reaction Score
I think B. Adams has in a positive way come a LONG way since his freshman days where there was some uncertainty in his future and with some great nurturing he has become a great piece to the puzzle. Nobody here would have imagined watching him during his freshman year that a couple years later he would have the audacity to dunk on Maine's 6'9" Fleming. Poor Fleming that will be the highlight of his career LOL

Reaction Score
Looks like we're dying down on content until we get another transfer announcement so I'll ask the question I've been sitting on.

What's BA's position? His value to the team and general skill set have been discussed in other threads.

He's played the 3 and the 4 for us when we went small; out of necessity. His natural body type allowed him to add the strength needed to hold up in that role last season more than our other guards/wings.

Is he an undersized 2? When he sees an open lane he can drive and finish at the rim. He can be deadly on catch and shoot 3s. But he was extremely streaky. He had more games shooting 1 for 5, or 0 for X than he did hitting 2+ 3s in a game. That's why his 3pt average was only 27.8%. But he also went off for 15+ pts in 3 games and 9+ 15 times.

Or does Hurley still see him as the PG that BA was recruited as out of high school. Does Hurley groom his for PG responsibilities as our 3rd ball handler this year? I know some have questioned his handle. Due to roster construction with AG, Gaffney, CV (and Jalen the year before), plus needs at other positions, BA hasn't held that role yet for the team.

BA seems like our ultimate utility player that can help 1-4 depending on lineup/roster construction. But it seems like Hurley isn't bringing in another ball handler this season with Martin and another Big being that current target. So I wonder if BA will be our 3rd PG more so than the backup 2/3 that everyone lists him as on their projected lineups?

Hope the Niels Giffey role on our next championship squad. Like Niels, I just like seeing this kid on the floor. Good things happen

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom