Brendan Adams to UConn | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Brendan Adams to UConn

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Christian Vital - make this guy a Captain right now. Always brings max energy. A leader. A cheerleader. Optimist. Made clear he was staying the course, with no negativity, when KO got axed.
Can't wait to see what CV becomes with Dan Hurley as coach.
Either can I. Great news on a couple of guards. However, I liked CV from the start. Love to see what coach does with him. Seems that excitement is growing with players and fans.

C

Chief00

Why didn't you teach him to shoot?
He wasn’t quick enough to really play SG at D1 level - he could get some shots down but not consistently enough and KO’s offense wasn’t designed for Sam.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Here's more game tape of Adams #3. He plays alongside Noah Locke(top 50 Florida commit) in the back court. Locke is obviously a much more polished player but Adams has the higher ceiling imo; He's significantly taller, longer, quicker, more explosive going to the rim. Locke is the better shooter but they both can shoot. Adams is more physical and explosive. Problem with Adams when I watch tape is that he takes plays off, especially on the defensive end.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Because Adams fills a hole we need, which is depth at guard. Plus he has a lot of upside from the sounds of it.
This won't feel as good if we don't get a big fish like Lecque in the future, and if Adams ends up being anything higher than our 3rd guard. But considering what we've been dealing with, this is a good start. Obviously would've taken Akinjo over Adams, but I wasn't expecting Akinjo to stay anyway.

Akinjo left before we ever hired Hurley. He didn’t want to be at UConn so I won’t shed any tears. Akinjo is shorter and a pure PG. If Gilbert is healthy he would have ended up transferring anyway. Adams looks like a combo guard, more versatile, better suited to a bench role providing depth at two positions (unless he blows up like his brother). Just an entirely different player, and one we needed more than a pure PG in this class.

Reaction Score
after watching some of the videos, reading some of the scouting reports, and given our roster situation, I think this is an ideal signing.

#1 - Hurley recruited him at URI, so he clearly fits with his long-term plans and style of play
#2 - We need guards, particularly those with some size. Jalen is our only "big" guard at 6'2. Rique and CV are not big guys, I don't care what CV is listed at he's little.
#3 - Watching the tape he makes strong, fundamentally sound plays. Nothing super flashy(except maybe that poster dunk), but plays in control, with strength. You need those type of guys on any program.

So whether he's rated #110 or #170, he's a good fit for us at this moment, for the long term.

Reaction Score
Reminds me of a Sam Cassel Jr. Hopefully I m wrong on this

Literally nothing about his game looks like Sam Jr. Sam had to play with his back to he basket because he was not quick enough or a good enough ball handler to take guys off the dribble. He had no lift on his jump shot and a slow release. None of that describes Adams.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Jerome Dyson clone.

Reaction Score
An amusing number of URI fans seem to believe this couldn't have happened without UConn tampering. As if it's that hard to believe he just wants to follow Hurley without anyone telling him what to do.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Go check out the URI forum thread on Adams for a good laugh. They are discussing wild conspiracy theories about Hurley and Adams.

Reaction Score
An amusing number of URI fans seem to believe this couldn't have happened without UConn tampering. As if it's that hard to believe he just wants to follow Hurley without anyone telling him what to do.

I would imagine tampering happens a lot in college basketball and I highly doubt anyone cares.

Reaction Score
I mean with every recruit, the simple question is - does he make the team better or make us better than we were last year?

-He's clearly going to be an upgrade over Anderson. Check.
-We lack guard depth - he gives us insurance which we haven't had for years. Check.
-He's a bigger guy with some upside who can shoot. He could outkick his coverage for four years. Check.
-He's not as good as Akinjo, but he's still a top 150 guy who will be a solid piece for a while.

So I mean across the board, we're better because he's coming than we were yesterday or last year. So yeah. Sign me up. Especially this late in the process.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom