Bree be like Dee | The Boneyard

Bree be like Dee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart has skills that may ultimately propel her to the top of wbb. Geno said as much in a recent interview (halftime, CTK vs. Ossining). He said, in effect, "Once she gets her act together, look out!"

Coincidentally, I did some browsing of YouTube video clips of Diana Taurasi. There are at least a dozen that highlight some of her many great moments at UConn and in Phoenix. As I watched I continued to marvel at the many ways she puts the ball in the basket, plus her pinpoint passing. Simply remarkable.

And as Iwatched, I was struck by how often she got hacked, whacked, pushed, pulled, folded, spindled and mutilated. And she never gave an inch, remaining feisty, even pugnacious at times.

Early opponents have signaled that they will try to throw Breanna off her superb game by simply mugging her at every opportunity. Once this young lady develops a bit of Diana's In Your Face attitude, she will be The Dominant Player in wbb. So, Bree, just be like Dee!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart has skills that may ultimately propel her to the top of wbb. Geno said as much in a recent interview (halftime, CTK vs. Ossining). He said, in effect, "Once she gets her act together, look out!"

Coincidentally, I did some browsing of YouTube video clips of Diana Taurasi. There are at least a dozen that highlight some of her many great moments at UConn and in Phoenix. As I watched I continued to marvel at the many ways she puts the ball in the basket, plus her pinpoint passing. Simply remarkable.

And as Iwatched, I was struck by how often she got hacked, whacked, pushed, pulled, folded, spindled and mutilated. And she never gave an inch, remaining feisty, even pugnacious at times.

Early opponents have signaled that they will try to throw Breanna off her superb game by simply mugging her at every opportunity. Once this young lady develops a bit of Diana's In Your Face attitude, she will be The Dominant Player in wbb. So, Bree, just be like Dee!

I really hope that we get to see Stewart and BG together on Team USA in the near future. And can you imagine Stewart, Maya and BG on the same team? WOW! Maybe the thought of that combo will convince Geno to coach the national team again. It would be nice if that could happen before DT retires.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I really hope that we get to see Stewart and BG together on Team USA in the near future. And can you imagine Stewart, Maya and BG on the same team? WOW! Maybe the thought of that combo will convince Geno to coach the national team again. It would be nice if that could happen before DT retires.
I agree. they are the youth and future of WBB as far as national teams go. I also think Liz Williams and KML will be on those teams going forward. Probably not 2016, but 2020 for sure. and also the Ogwumike sisters. Once Bird and Dee retire, I can see players like Harding, Diggins, Sims, Hartley and Grey (Duke) vying for the guard spots. I'm sure I missed a player or two but those come to mind off the top of my head...

Side note - not been impressed by Thomas this year. I thought after her play and performance last year that she may have been the best in her class. Now not sure she's even top 5. Certainly Ogwimike, Grey, and Sims have been better and when healthy I think Hartly will show she's top 5 in the class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits
Top Bottom