Breanna Stewart Wins ESPY for Best Female Athlete | The Boneyard

Breanna Stewart Wins ESPY for Best Female Athlete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Mods might want to put a "Spoiler Alert" in the thread title for non-EDT viewers - ESPY's just started at 7 PM here (10 PM ET)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Mods might want to put a "Spoiler Alert" in the thread title for non-EDT viewers - ESPY's just started at 7 PM here (10 PM ET)

Or the prudent thing to do might be to stay off the internet if your going to watch this show and hope to be surprised. This board is hardly the only place where this is going to be a headline. Hard to not see it.

Reaction Score
Or the prudent thing to do might be to stay off the internet if your going to watch this show and hope to be surprised. This board is hardly the only place where this is going to be a headline. Hard to not see it.
Gotcha. Actually it had not occurred to me we were on delay out here. Should have, I guess, but didn't really give it any thought. So maybe you can save me sitting through the rest of this - UCONN women were up for 5 different ESPY's: Stewie 2, Geno 2, team 1. Does this mean we didn't get any of the other ones?

Reaction Score
image.jpeg

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Gotcha. Actually it had not occurred to me we were on delay out here. Should have, I guess, but didn't really give it any thought. So maybe you can save me sitting through the rest of this - UCONN women were up for 5 different ESPY's: Stewie 2, Geno 2, team 1. Does this mean we didn't get any of the other ones?

Do you REALLY want to know? :p

Reaction Score
Do you REALLY want to know? :p
Not bad enough that I've checked ESPN.com yet but, since I'm already 'spoiled', I'm considring it. Forewarned is forearmed, so feel free to spoil away.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Not bad enough that I've checked ESPN.com yet but, since I'm already 'spoiled', I'm considring it. Forewarned is forearmed, so feel free to spoil away.

Well let me put it this way, unless your dedicated to watching ALL the awards and other sports stories they show (There were a lot of good ones) you can skip a huge chunk of the show and watch Stewie win her award near the end ;) (I think the last half hour or so). After Craig Sager's beautiful speech.

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart attends the 2016 ESPY Awards on July 13, 2016

breanna-stewart-espy-awards-2016-best-beauty.jpg

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
You can skip the linked Twitter feed. Almost the most disgusting thread I've read, including insults to Stewart, what she accomplished and what she said, accusations that the ESPY's are racist, and implications that women are not athletes to begin with.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
You can skip the linked Twitter feed. Almost the most disgusting thread I've read, including insults to Stewart, what she accomplished and what she said, accusations that the ESPY's are racist, and implications that women are not athletes to begin with.

I guess that went downhill fast. Too bad so many people don't have anything better to do than talk trash over the internet.

Reaction Score
"During my time in college I received an enormous amount of media attention," Stewart said. "I'm grateful for that. And now that I'm in the WNBA, playing with other amazing female athletes, I'm trying to understand why we, as professional female athletes, don't receive anywhere near the fame. This has to change."

Her big finish:

"Equality for all takes each of us making an effort. Thank you for this honor and together let's be better."

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I've always thought that there must be considerable culture shock going from UConn, with all the attendance and media attention that goes with that, to the WNBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom