Breanna is THE ... | The Boneyard

Breanna is THE ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
best WCBB player ever... IMO. She had an outstanding college career but her professional career will be phenomenal. She has the charisma to propel the WNBA forward.

Now that she's leaving UCONN I'm looking forward to being a big Breanna Stewart fan and following her career..

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I love Breanna and she is undeniably one of the greatest ever. I do have to say that Diana is right up there with her. This weekend I watched a game, the UConn "perfect half" game vs ODU, and Diana had one wow play after another. Time makes you forget what a spectacular player she is.

As a UConn fan, I'm thrilled to say I've been able to see the best of the best, including three of the greatest women that have ever laced up sneakers.

Reaction Score
best WCBB player ever... IMO. She had an outstanding college career but her professional career will be phenomenal. She has the charisma to propel the WNBA forward.

Now that she's leaving UCONN I'm looking forward to being a big Breanna Stewart fan and following her career..

Is Breanna better than Candace Parker? Is she better than Parker in their college days? Now?

Reaction Score
What I love the most about Breanna is her humble down to earth nature. If I was to have 3 blocks in one possession? My arm would still be tired from fist pump! :)

Reaction Score
One of the many greats and will be widely considered the most decorated college basketball athlete if she gets #4.

What many viewers outside the UConn fanbase forget is how long she has come from her freshman year. Just take a look at one her games from her freshman campaign on uconnhuskygames.com . A few things I noticed she improved greatly on: her ability to take the opponent off the dribble, handle of the physicality of the game, ability to create her own shot, rebounding, and her defensive stance/ability to move her feet precisely while defending (although the coaches will probably disagree with that last point :rolleyes:).

Reaction Score
I love Breanna and she is undeniably one of the greatest ever. I do have to say that Diana is right up there with her. This weekend I watched a game, the UConn "perfect half" game vs ODU, and Diana had one wow play after another. Time makes you forget what a spectacular player she is.

As a UConn fan, I'm thrilled to say I've been able to see the best of the best, including three of the greatest women that have ever laced up sneakers.

You took the words right out of my mouth. DT will always be "it" for me because of her swagger and her tenacity. But Breanna, Mo and Morgan are the first group since 2002 that I've gotten so attached to.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Is Breanna better than Candace Parker? Is she better than Parker in their college days? Now?

Candace Parker was a great college athlete, but she did not elevate those around her. In fact, she was the precursor to the Diamond Deshields syndrome, with one difference. More often than not she got the job done.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
No comparison. Parker had range only to about 15 feet in college, was not a particularly committed defender, and played in a system that really didn't try to stretch her skills - she matured at TN as all players do, but her game didn't really expand. As a pro she has become a much more complete player

Reaction Score
I'd pay a ton of money to see that battle royal. A game for the ages.

It's not that far fetched. I think it can be organised and tons of money to be made.
Wonder if ESPN has already put it in motion!

Reaction Score

At one of the USABB tryout this year, CP said that Stewie is already a better shooter today than she is right now as a pro.

Reaction Score

And now NIKE is coming out with a sneaker that doesn't HAVE to be laced up. But the prospect of finding another Breanna Stewart in any sneaker is a big reach.

Reaction Score

And now NIKE is coming out with a sneaker that doesn't HAVE to be laced up. But the prospect of finding another Breanna Stewart in any sneaker is a big reach.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score

Here are their college career stats, on a per 40 minute basis

stat Stew Moore DT CP
p/40 25.2 25.9 20.5 25.4
r/40 11.0 10.9 6.00 11.6
a/40 4.00 4.60 6.10 3.42
b/40 3.90 1.70 1.40 3.24
s/40 1.10 2.60 1.70 2.49
a/to 1.65 1.81 1.84 1.10
FG% 52.9 52.5 46.9 53.8
3p% 34.8 40.4 39.2 28.3
FT% 79.4 79.8 81.9 71.1

Reaction Score
Interesting stats...tough to pick just looking at the numbers. Stewies presence in the paint has altered a lot of shots and that doesn't show up in the stats. Just one quibble, I think Stewies steals per 40 are closer to 2.00 per 40...

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Just one quibble, I think Stewies steals per 40 are closer to 2.00 per 40...

Ugh. Yes. you're right. 2.27/40 to be close to exact. Not sure how that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom