Breaking News Stewie is going to New York | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Breaking News Stewie is going to New York

Reaction Score
So just how much will Breanna Stewart, the Lebron James of the WNBA, make in salary as a free agent in the sports capital of the country, New York City?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So just how much will Breanna Stewart, the Lebron James of the WNBA, make in salary as a free agent in the sports capital of the country, New York City?
The top salaries in the W are around $250,000 per year, and are limited by the salary cap. Undoubtedly, Stewie will have significantly greater opportunities to cash in on endorsement deals in the NYC market.

Reaction Score
The top salaries in the W are around $250,000 per year, and are limited by the salary cap. Undoubtedly, Stewie will have significantly greater opportunities to cash in on endorsement deals in the NYC market.

So free agency means squat for top stars in the WNBA in their prime? No negotiating? No competition between teams for the top talent? That's it? The top salary is the top salary, and free agents have no freedom to negotiate better compensation? If so, what a big-time rip-off!!!!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So free agency means squat for top stars in the WNBA in their prime? No negotiating? No competition between teams for the top talent? That's it? The top salary is the top salary, and free agents have no freedom to negotiate better compensation? If so, what a big-time rip-off!!!!
There is most certainly salary negotiation in free agency, but it is limited by the structure of a salary cap as defined within the CBA. For the 2023 season, the cap for team payrolls in the W is $1,420,500 for up to 12 players. The Liberty could pay Stewie more, so long as they pay the rest of the roster less.

Reaction Score
There is most certainly salary negotiation in free agency, but it is limited by the structure of a salary cap as defined within the CBA. For the 2023 season, the cap for team payrolls in the W is $1,420,500 for up to 12 players. The Liberty could pay Stewie more, so long as they pay the rest of the roster less.
I thought the Supermaximum was $228,094 as negotiated in the collective bargaining agreement?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I thought the Supermaximum was $228,094 as negotiated in the collective bargaining agreement?
Well, I think that’s correct, but I also read that Jackie Young of Las Vegas is the W’s highest paid player at $252,000+. So it may be possible to pay a player more than the supermax amount?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
will be interesting how Ionescu handles it as she takes a backseat and no longer the lead star of the team.
“Lead star”? Is that a new position?

Greek players want to win. Having Breanna Stewart on your team goes a long way toward making that happen. Keep in mind as well that Stewie has a very low maintenance persona. I don’t see it as an issue at all.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Enjoy the taxes, hope she makes a bundle, New York needs the bucks.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
According to ESPN, Stewie is prepared to take, “substantially less” in salary in order for the Liberty to sign Courtney Vandersloot. Stewie has always been about winning, first and foremost. So it should come as no surprise that she would sacrifice her own income to chase another championship. Of course her 7-figure deal with Puma certainly softens the blow. :rolleyes:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think we have 2 Superteams, 1 in Vegas, 1 in Brooklyn.

Reaction Score
Sabrina should be happy with Sloot where she can slide over to SG and still be a play maker. I think she's been most effective in her career at OR when she had Cazorla a traditional PG with her and then again with Dangerfield when she was briefly at NY.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
You think MSG will want the Liberty back with Stewie on board? IF MSG would make an attractive offer can the Liberty get out of its contract with Barclays Center? Would they believe Liberty's attendance would warrant an offer?
The answer is no. The owner of the Liberty also owns the Barclay Center. He didn't invest in all these great players for the competition to show off. Besides, MSG banished the Liberty to the hinterlands. Who needs 'em?

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
nyliberty.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member