Breaking news from ESPN! | The Boneyard

Breaking news from ESPN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
It's really weird how slowly this came out. A comment in the game on Sunday that everyone assumed was a mistake. Then several days later a story - then more stories and then a full 4 days later, ESPN picks it up.

I get the feeling UConn wanted it to go slowly. I have no idea why.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hooperscooper will be happy!

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
It's really weird how slowly this came out. A comment in the game on Sunday that everyone assumed was a mistake. Then several days later a story - then more stories and then a full 4 days later, ESPN picks it up.

Probably because people will think UConn did an end run around NCAA sanctions. There is no way to prove that the situation was the result of two kids trying to do the right thing. First it was Bradley wanting to help get Andre onto the team, and then Andre, wanting to give back to Bradley. The haters will twist the story into JC manipulating the situation to get a class recruit. C'est la vie! I think there will be interviews with the players and most reasonable, non vitriolic people will appreciate the actions taken by these two.

Reaction Score

I posted in the other thread that this is not very big news. Its a technical matter only, not a roster change. Of course to us its major but overall its an internal matter that had a nice resolution. MB's sacrifice was greater than AD's, and that is what should have gotten major discussion.

Anyway the feel good character stuff will come out as AD gets more national coverage on the court and it becomes a part of his (and MB's) narrative on national TV. Its coming......................

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
LOL - from the article:
The 6-foot-10 Drummond, who is averaging 14 points a game
How hard is that to get right?

Reaction Score
how about a round of applause for ESPN getting this news out before January lol

Reaction Score
So who told Doris Burke? She does her homework that's for sure!

Reaction Score
Yup. Glad to see Brennan wrote an article on it after I e-mailed him this morning. A fair article at that.

One thing, and not to nit-pick about his article, but he assumes that it is the University's "duty" to report things like this, and is chaffed that UConn would not. This is a silly game that he is playing. Uconn saw no need to publicize this, and rightfully so. He just wanted to print a feel good item for the Holiday season, and somehow almost felt robbed!

Reaction Score
Why do people act as if UConn gains some sort of benefit by having Bradley on scholarship instead of Drummond? It just seems like a selfless move by both kids. Nothing more, nothing less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom