OT: - Brazil leading the USA at Fiba Americup, 2023 35 - 25 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: Brazil leading the USA at Fiba Americup, 2023 35 - 25

Reaction Score
If you're referring to the COVID year, yes as she was a freshman in 2020.
I think I misunderstood an earlier post. Yes, she started in the same year as Paige and Nika and Aaliyah. They're academically seniors this year, but each of them could choose to stay a second year. There was some confusion caused by LSU listing Angel as a sophomore last season, though they probably didn't mean that as an academic designation.

Reaction Score
Reese looks like she hasn't shot a ball in months. She is embarrassing herself pretty good tonight. Will flame out and not play at the next level without some type of other shot, too predictable.

I actually firmly believe she won't even be the best player on her own team next season..
I just think that she struggled because of the style Brazil played. Other games, her shooting was on par. In the games against Brazil, she struggled. As for the next level, I think she will be okay.

Reaction Score
I think I misunderstood an earlier post. Yes, she started in the same year as Paige and Nika and Aaliyah. They're academically seniors this year, but each of them could choose to stay a second year. There was some confusion caused by LSU listing Angel as a sophomore last season, though they probably didn't mean that as an academic designation.

Some schools didn't help matters with how players are listed with respect to the COVID year. Iowa State did something similar where players are listed as "redshirt" on their roster. It's confusing.

Reaction Score
I just think that she struggled because of the style Brazil played. Other games, her shooting was on par. In the games against Brazil, she struggled. As for the next level, I think she will be okay.

Reese also struggled with Argentina for similar reasons. Her shooting percentage wasn't great that game either. Hopefully she takes is as a learning experience and builds on it.

Reaction Score
Reese also struggled with Argentina for similar reasons. Her shooting percentage wasn't great that game either. Hopefully she takes is as a learning experience and builds on it.
When half her free throws are getting more side of the back board than the actual rim, there’s a major problem… I guess she can coast on NIL but offensively she won’t survive in the wnba if she doesn’t commit to getting better in the gym in the next two years. I don’t blame her for cashing in but it absolutely hurt her development this summer and she was ill prepared and out of shape. Absolutely no way should she declare after next season. She isn’t fixing all those flaws in one season especially when she has spent most this summer not even in gym.

Reaction Score
Some schools didn't help matters with how players are listed with respect to the COVID year. Iowa State did something similar where players are listed as "redshirt" on their roster. It's confusing.
ESPN referred to Nika as a sophomore a few times.

Reaction Score
Good question but given how the rest of the roster minute Betts and Rickea looked, it looked highly suspect all around for team USA. Between roster selection, to rotations by the coach, none of it really added up

Reaction Score
Raven’s 3 pt shot looks terrible still. It’s her form that’s the problem and it’s unfortunate she seemingly hasn’t tried to fix it yet. I think she shot 0% from three in this tournament? Her shot on the free throw corner looked good the first toe games until teams scouted it.

Cardosa looked great but I think Cardosa always looks great. I know South Carolina brought in some outside firepower this year but I think their defense will take quite a big step back this year and in a little skeptical of Dana’s ability to blend the skills set she has at guard next year. I see them top 3 in the SEC but I have Tennesse and LSU ahead of them. Spear +Key + Jackson at z Tennessee is going to be step up for them from last year, imo.

Raven’s 3 pt shot looks terrible still. It’s her form that’s the problem and it’s unfortunate she seemingly hasn’t tried to fix it yet. I think she shot 0% from three in this tournament? Her shot on the free throw corner looked good the first toe games until teams scouted it.

Cardosa looked great but I think Cardosa always looks great. I know South Carolina brought in some outside firepower this year but I think their defense will take quite a big step back this year and in a little skeptical of Dana’s ability to blend the skills set she has at guard next year. I see them top 3 in the SEC but I have Tennesse and LSU ahead of them. Spear +Key + Jackson at z Tennessee is going to be step up for them from last year, imo.
While Raven did not attempt but about 5 three point shots the entire tourney, she made a decent number of mid-range jumpers and more importantly, ran the team as a true point guard better than anyone else they took to Mexico. She has proven effective as a point guard against great competition, and more importantly is a dog on defense and a game changer in transition as Uconn and many others learned last year. She also does the best job of getting balls into the big as any guard in the country. With Carodozo playing the way she did and the added shooters like Pao Pao, Bree Hall getting more minutes and Tessa Johnson and Fulwilley, South Carolina will be stout. As far as defense, even before the freshies of the last three years, Dawn has always fielded a stout defense, even when undermanned as they were Aja's senior year. I think Tenn and LSU will still struggle against them, especially with Cardoza anchoring the middle and the addition of 6-6 Walker to go along with the freakishly athletic Ashlyn Watkins. I suspect South Carolina is not going anywhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yeiiowing

Top Bottom