2024 Recruiting: - Brandon Huntley-Hatfield | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Vecenie is plugged in with Luke Murray, so I would not be surprised if there was actual interest on our behalf. But also based on how the Kugel thing went and how this dude cut his list and canceled a different visit on the day of a visit elsewhere, he might just have needed a few more schools to fill out the list before committing.

His stats are fairly legit. He led Louisville in BPR, and his RAPM was in a different stratosphere than the rest of the team. His PORPAGATU is decent for a high major transfer. He draws fouls, finishes well at the rim, rebounds well. Rim protection could use some work. Louisville was 16.8 points per 100 better with him on the court.

Looks like he has 1 year remaining. He's played 3 full years and wasn't in school for 2021 so doesn't get a COVID year.
Ah, well I still like the idea of him battling with Samson for the starting role and giving us a legit 1-2 punch again at center. Hope our interest is real.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Can he be a rim protector? That’s what we’re going to need going forward when Clingan leaves for the draft. That’s my biggest concern. We won’t have a shot blocker who has the size of Clingan starting next year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He's listed at 6’10 but it doesn’t really matter. He played the five at Louisville and would do the same if he came to UConn. He’s a low post guy first and foremost.
Great! 4 out and 1 in. In the staff we trust. Looks kind of intense LOL :) With Cam finishing this year we need to keep that level of intensity. ;)

Reaction Score
Vecenie is plugged in with Luke Murray, so I would not be surprised if there was actual interest on our behalf. But also based on how the Kugel thing went and how this dude cut his list and canceled a different visit on the day of a visit elsewhere, he might just have needed a few more schools to fill out the list before committing.

His stats are fairly legit. He led Louisville in BPR, and his RAPM was in a different stratosphere than the rest of the team. His PORPAGATU is decent for a high major transfer. He draws fouls, finishes well at the rim, rebounds well. Rim protection could use some work. Louisville was 16.8 points per 100 better with him on the court.

Looks like he has 1 year remaining. He's played 3 full years and wasn't in school for 2021 so doesn't get a COVID year.
I dont want a one year guy unless we're challenging for a title and next year I think we'll be too young and inexperienced to challenge. We need 2 years of eligibility left from any transfer.

Reaction Score
I dont want a one year guy unless we're challenging for a title and next year I think we'll be too young and inexperienced to challenge. We need 2 years of eligibility left from any transfer.
In that case, sometimes you’re going to be disappointed. I guarantee you that Hurley will fill some holes moving forward with plug and play one-year rentals like Cam. There’s a difference between building a team around those guys and filling one or two needs that exist with those guys.

Reaction Score
BHH offers a completely different look than Samson. Athletic and powerful, ultra-reliable rebounder and has the form and stroke to occasionally hit a three. Not a great free throw shooter, but much better than Samson. Color me me intrigued, if there is legit interest from the staff.

Reaction Score
Can he be a rim protector? That’s what we’re going to need going forward when Clingan leaves for the draft. That’s my biggest concern. We won’t have a shot blocker who has the size of Clingan starting next year.
You mean we’ll be like all but one other team in America this Year? However will we survive?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don’t be obtuse.
family guy math GIF

Reaction Score
I trust the staff is doing their due diligence, and I like his profile at a quick glance, but what’s the point of entering the portal and keeping the original team on the list?

Reaction Score
Don’t be obtuse. He’s a talented player, and anyone who commits here is gonna buy into the culture.
Maybe, he would need to make a pretty big change. The talent has always been there but the effort has not. Maybe he knows he needs to change his effort to get to the NBA.

Reaction Score
What do you think Samson Johnson's stats would be if you doubled his minutes and replaced all the other good players with bums? I feel like 5.5 and 3 can become something like 13 and 8 if you really forced it.

And Johnson already averages more blocks than him. Johnson is shooting 72% from the field. Let him put it up more and let it drop to 58%, he'd probably come close.

(Probably wouldn't match the rebounding, but who knows).

All this to say: if the staff wants him, fine. They've earned trust. But my basic position is to stay the hell away from anyone who played for Payne.
Give the guy credit for knowing when to climb out of a dumpster fire. Some won’t know.

Reaction Score
But in certain situations it's always going to make sense. Maybe the staff thinks Singare is going to be ready for minutes as a junior. Or maybe the staff thinks there's a 2025 big man they really like

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You mean we’ll be like all but one other team in America this Year? However will we survive?

Clingan has been the x-factor two years in a row due to his rim protection, so yes, we don’t want to be like everyone else

pj

Reaction Score
I trust the staff is doing their due diligence, and I like his profile at a quick glance, but what’s the point of entering the portal and keeping the original team on the list?

If you'd like to be the object of a bidding war, why wouldn't you let your current team bid?

Reaction Score
You can take the player out of Louisville, but can you take the Louisville out of the player?

Will he be jacking up critical late game 3's like Jae'lyn Withers?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Because they just hired a new coach a few days ago? He should evaluate all his options. It isn't the same program he was initially leaving.

Reaction Score
Maybe, he would need to make a pretty big change. The talent has always been there but the effort has not. Maybe he knows he needs to change his effort to get to the NBA.
Are you that familiar with the Louisville program to say the effort wasn't there? Or are you just assuming it because he played on such a mess of a team?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If he became this good with no effort, and no coaching. I'd love to see what he'd do with Dan Hurleys relentless attitude pushing him.

Reaction Score
This kid appears alright but wouldn’t big cliff from Rutgers be ahead of him on the list….that kid anchored one of the best defenses in the country and would probably provide the smallest drop off compared to Clingan than anyone could possibly provide

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
This kid appears alright but wouldn’t big cliff from Rutgers be ahead of him on the list….that kid anchored one of the best defenses in the country and would probably provide the smallest drop off compared to Clingan than anyone could possibly provide
The biggest money schools are on him. Seems like we moved on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom