2024 Recruiting: - Brandon Huntley-Hatfield | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Brandon Huntley-Hatfield

Reaction Score
Last year’s averages: 12.9 points, 8.4 rebounds, 10% of career FGAs from 3 (31%). 6’10 240 former five-star prospect. Third in defensive metrics on Louisville.

Profile from 247 out of HS:

“Has a quintessential power forward body with length, strength and density. Power based athlete. High level body control for a player his size. Can score from all three levels. Very comfortable with the ball. Has functional ball handling skills that produce buckets in scoring range. Can get to the basket efficiently. Loves to go left as a righty. Has ability to dominate his area as a rebounder. Improving as a defender is a proper area of focus.”

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
We struck gold with a coach from Louisville.
Really don't want to tempt fate trying it again.

Pass. I'll assume everything at Louisville is toxic amd damaged goods.

Reaction Score
Can he play the 5 for extended stretches?
He was Louisville’s starting center. At 6’10 240 he could handle full-time center anywhere, but at UConn, he could fit in at either role. I can picture this staff coaching up his shooting and especially his defense.

Similar to Wolf and Williams, I like how UConn is interested in bigs who can play nuanced, sophisticated roles in the offense as all three bigs are strong passers and Wolf and BHH have impressive handles for bigs.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
We offered him a scholarship or is this just the list of schools he wants to go to?

Reaction Score
Not reading too much into the percentiles because his team sucked. But I see some handles, a little bit of a jumper and great size/athleticism and length.

Big question is passing to fit our system and the post up %s. Tends to fade away. I'm guessing Tom is doing his due diligence there.

UconnU

Reaction Score
Not reading too much into the percentiles because his team sucked. But I see some handles, a little bit of a jumper and great size/athleticism and length.

Big question is passing to fit our system and the post up %s. Tends to fade away. I'm guessing Tom is doing his due diligence there.

He’s like a prototypical power forward. I’m confused about the fit, he’s more of a 2021 UConn type player. I don’t think Alex is leaving. Where would we play him?

Reaction Score
Seems like a Samson Johnson type, but one who has actually produced in a larger role.

Can he play the 5 for extended stretches?
What do you think Samson Johnson's stats would be if you doubled his minutes and replaced all the other good players with bums? I feel like 5.5 and 3 can become something like 13 and 8 if you really forced it.

And Johnson already averages more blocks than him. Johnson is shooting 72% from the field. Let him put it up more and let it drop to 58%, he'd probably come close.

(Probably wouldn't match the rebounding, but who knows).

All this to say: if the staff wants him, fine. They've earned trust. But my basic position is to stay the hell away from anyone who played for Payne.

Reaction Score

Vecenie is plugged in with Luke Murray, so I would not be surprised if there was actual interest on our behalf. But also based on how the Kugel thing went and how this dude cut his list and canceled a different visit on the day of a visit elsewhere, he might just have needed a few more schools to fill out the list before committing.

His stats are fairly legit. He led Louisville in BPR, and his RAPM was in a different stratosphere than the rest of the team. His PORPAGATU is decent for a high major transfer. He draws fouls, finishes well at the rim, rebounds well. Rim protection could use some work. Louisville was 16.8 points per 100 better with him on the court.
Versatile 4/5, good athlete, potential shooter, 2 years remaining.
Looks like he has 1 year remaining. He's played 3 full years and wasn't in school for 2021 so doesn't get a COVID year.

Reaction Score
I don't want any players from losing programs. Winning is contagious. So is losing.

UconnU

Reaction Score
He's a 5 who could play a bit at the 4. He played 5 all this year. Not sure what you're seeing--this isn't 1995.
He’s only about 6’8.

Reaction Score
From a cursory glance would be very much on board with him, and think this is the level of player that makes sense to bring in to have another good 1/2 punch at the 5 again next year

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom