Branding (Men's Basketball & FootballUniforms) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Branding (Men's Basketball & FootballUniforms)

Reaction Score
I think the block C is the same format as UCONN so it works for me. The football Center should have an "O" on his helmet. The other 4 linemen would have have a U, C, N, and N on their helmets. Of course, I'm just spitballing here.

Connecticut has 11 letters. Coincidence?

Reaction Score
All schools, football and basketball, now use 3-4 different unis per season. Modern, throwbacks, weird color schemes, etc. Hoping going to the NBE makes us contemplate readopting the CONNECTICUT unis. Just use both!
At Nike’s insistence (or their suggestion if you take a benign view) the University of Connecticut officially adopted UConn as its primary name are years ago. It also officially made grey and red part of the color scheme, likely because Nike wanted it too. Plus they turned their back on a 75 year old tradition of having a white husky (traditionally one with blue eyes or 1 blue eye) because apparently their masters at Nike couldn’t find s clip art version. Given all that I think you are unlikely to see Connecticut on basketball uniforms SNY time soon. I tend to think the Block C was acceptable because our Oregonian overlords didn’t want their new design associated with the dismal failure that UConn football has become.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I think the block C is the same format as UCONN so it works for me. The football Center should have an "O" on his helmet. The other 4 linemen would have have a U, C, N, and N on their helmets. Of course, I'm just spitballing here.

Connecticut has 11 letters. Coincidence?

View attachment 44878

Reaction Score
Hi all,

New to the page as you can probably tell by the amount of likes/comments I have.

I thought an interesting topic of conversation would be the branding of the athletic program as a whole, but particularly focusing on the football team's and men's basketball uniforms. As we head into an era of uncertainty with our recently abysmal football program combined with the optimism of a hopeful revival of a historic men's basketball program, it seems more important than ever to have consistent uniforms across all departments to accurately represent what the school believes/wants others to believe. To me, I get a more official/business-like vibe from the school with the block-C. It reminds me of the likes of Alabama, Oregon, Notre Dame with their uniforms. Super excited to have it back. Although I've loved the Husky image (especially the retro one), I think we should prioritize the block-C and have the Husky image as more of an alternative logo (think of how Oregon utilizes the duck on their uniforms). The block-C could do well on the basketball uniforms too, I think. Although I have really liked the cool, modern designs of recent men's (and women's) uniforms, I think the department could come together with a consistent and official look that can be used across all sports to establish a tradition with our uniforms.

With time, this could ideally help with recruiting as we have the culture/brand/uniforms all in line?

I don't know where others might stand, I could definitely be crazy.

Thanks for reading, psyched to be apart of the boneyard!

- GoatHouse
Welcome to the BY. Do not be too thin skinned. People are not always polite.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
There are an infinite number of opinions on this but the correct opinion/hierarcy based on the fact that the rebranding actually happened is.

UCONN workmark
Block C, where the workmark won't fit.
New Husky logo, as a primary alternate (Like Big Al at Bama)
Connecticut (on road unis)
White Dog mascot, if you aren't going to redo the current one.

You can add red or not. I choose not, but understand those who like it because 'Murica.

Reaction Score
I don’t want our basketball program to resemble our football program in any way, shape, or form. I don’t even want people to know they’re associated with the same school right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom