Bradley to give up Schollie (ESPN) | The Boneyard

Bradley to give up Schollie (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Great to see we won't lose anybody. Bradley seems like a keeper.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
First comment irked me.

More shady tactics by UCONN to get that extra schollie for Drummond. I assume Bradley will get a loan and then somehow that loan will be paid off by a UCONN bagman (UCONN Booster).

This guy is clueless.

Reaction Score
Big thank you to Michael Bradley & family. They took one for the team and that should be commended.

Reaction Score
I thought bradley was in the fostercare system, how is he going to pay for college

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Andre will hook him up in a few years

Reaction Score
Can Bradley get that scholarship back next year?

Reaction Score
I don't understand why it's against the rules for Drummond to pay his own way, but 3 Louisville scholarship players are allowed to? Someone please explain

Reaction Score
I don't understand why it's against the rules for Drummond to pay his own way, but 3 Louisville scholarship players are allowed to? Someone please explain

I'm not entirely sure but it may have something to do with Andre Drummond being an incoming recruit and the Louisville players having already accrued 1 or more seasons with the team.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
A player can't be recruited to a school and then walk on in his first season. The Louisville players aren't incoming freshman.

AD could, theoretically, do this next year for us. But he needs to get a scholarship this year.

Reaction Score
I think he's pretty serious about his Pharmaceutical studies. With his redshirt year, and one year paid for through financial aid, he could potentially go to UConn for 6 years to earn his professional degree. Is Pharm two years after a Bachelors? If so, he would only have been given 5 years as a basketball player anyway. And when you think about it, professional school costs a lot more than a year of undergrad, even for an out-of-stater. Which means that paying for a year now saves Bradley money if he sticks around for grad school.

Reaction Score
Solid move by Bradley. Didnt have to do it bit UConn fans everywhere certainly appreciate it.

Reaction Score
Well that was quick and easy. I guess it had to be since the semester starts in 3 days.

Reaction Score
A recruited player is not allowed to play for the team he likes if he's been recruited and they don't have available scholarships? That is a freaking joke! The NCAA is so backwards and I hate forcing a kid like Bradley to have to pay his own way when Drummond was most likely willing to.

Reaction Score
This kind of rubs me the wrong way...I know it's something that is done all the time, but kind of unfair to the kid, considering he could have easily gotten a scholarship elsewhere and had his spot secured.

Reaction Score
This kind of rubs me the wrong way...I know it's something that is done all the time, but kind of unfair to the kid, considering he could have easily gotten a scholarship elsewhere and had his spot secured.
Agreed. I am very happy AD is now a Husky, but to short a current team member for a guy who is most likely a one-and-done player...It is what it is

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A recruited player is not allowed to play for the team he likes if he's been recruited and they don't have available scholarships? That is a freaking joke! The NCAA is so backwards and I hate forcing a kid like Bradley to have to pay his own way when Drummond was most likely willing to.

If the NCAA allowed this, teams could stack themselves with a bunch of extra highly rated players, no? As long as they paid their way?

Reaction Score
Solid move by Bradley. Didnt have to do it bit UConn fans everywhere certainly appreciate it.
I hope Mike Bradley is OK with it. I suspect he'll be a 4 year player, and I hope his studies will get completely taken care of. A degree in Pharmacy will take care of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom