Bradley to give up Schollie (ESPN) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bradley to give up Schollie (ESPN)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If the NCAA allowed this, teams could stack themselves with a bunch of extra highly rated players, no? As long as they paid their way?

Plus it opens up a lot of opportunities for bagmen to pay off kids' tuition, so you could stockpile talent as long as you made it known their bills would be taken care of.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice. i don't give a rat's ass what other people think.

Reaction Score
Yea I feel less bad because he was going to be a 6 year kid anyways with the Pharm program (Unless he blows up of course in which case he would make millions) and his scholarship would only cover 5 years.

Interesting that the staff found out about Bradley because of his performance against Drummond.

Reaction Score
This is brilliant. Are you kidding?

Anyone who has a beef this move is nuts.

No one got kicked off the team- let haters hate- but if u are a UCONN fan this is just plain brilliant by JC.

Reaction Score
i dont think bradley has the least bit of a problem with this. he is going to be reimbursed one way or another. he gets to play on what could be a historically great team and he gets to play against drummond every practice while being coached by a man who makes young men into millionaires.

Reaction Score
Don't want to look like a troll, but somehow this doesn't look quite right. Consider the NCAA reduces our ships. So we exceed the ship quota and put one of the existing ship guys on financial aid or whatever. Looks like we're poking NCAA in the eye. I know Louisville did something like this but the Ville wasn't on probation. Hope it all works out well for our Huskies but it looks like a Red Flag to me.

Reaction Score
It can look like a giant red mast for all I care, if its not against the rules, it's not against the rules. Doesn't matter if you're UConn anyone else.

Reaction Score
This kind of rubs me the wrong way...I know it's something that is done all the time, but kind of unfair to the kid, considering he could have easily gotten a scholarship elsewhere and had his spot secured.

It looks like this is not the prevailing opinion, but I don't like this either. It gives me that SEC football, win at all costs kind of feeling. To ask a kid that you recruited to give up a schollie just sucks. I don't care what kind of financial aid Bradley is going to get.

Reaction Score
Big thank you to Michael Bradley & family. They took one for the team and that should be commended.

I think Jim Calhoun should also be commended. Way to think of creative ways to get around those pesky scholarship reductions for cheating AND ignoring the importance of academics...

Reaction Score
I think Jim Calhoun should also be commended. Way to think of creative ways to get around those pesky scholarship reductions for cheating AND ignoring the importance of academics...
You are aware of who the UK coach is correct?

Reaction Score
A recruited player is not allowed to play for the team he likes if he's been recruited and they don't have available scholarships? That is a freaking joke! The NCAA is so backwards and I hate forcing a kid like Bradley to have to pay his own way when Drummond was most likely willing to.

I think it's pretty logical, actually.

Reaction Score
You are aware of who the UK coach is correct?

UK (in the last 20 years), nor Cal have ever had scholarship reductions for any reason and UK had one of the highest APR scores in the NCAA this year... but thanks for your (ignorant) interest in Kentucky basketball...

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
UK (in the last 20 years), nor Cal have ever had scholarship reductions for any reason and UK had one of the highest APR scores in the NCAA this year... but thanks for your (ignorant) interest in Kentucky basketball...

Maybe UConn can play Kentucky next year and slap them around the court again.

Reaction Score
Maybe UConn can play Kentucky next year and slap them around the court again.

You think you all will even be allotted any scholarships after next season?

AtlHusky

Let's go outside our minds and play
Reaction Score
How about:

"Way to think of creative ways to add a rare talent at needed position AND benefit a 6-year student athlete by providing a 5 year scholarship including the most expensive years of his program."

zls44

Reaction Score
You think you all will even be allotted any scholarships after next season?

No. The school is going to close and everyone is going to go home.

Reaction Score
It looks like this is not the prevailing opinion, but I don't like this either. It gives me that SEC football, win at all costs kind of feeling. To ask a kid that you recruited to give up a schollie just sucks. I don't care what kind of financial aid Bradley is going to get.

You all already win at all costs (see scholarship reductions due to cheating and low APR scores that got you into this mess).

Reaction Score
I'm also aware that UK's basketball tradition is rich with NCAA sanctions. In fact, they've been sanctioned more than any other Division-1 Men's basketball program. Also your current head coach has vacated 2 Final 4's with 2 different schools, miraculously jumping ship just before capsizing. Amazing coincidence! But regardless, it was certainly a pleasure kicking the hell out of the pussycats in Maui and then ending your season in Houston.

Reaction Score
Kansas has the most NCAA sanctions. but then again, facts never got in the way with UConnvict fans...

Reaction Score
I think he's pretty serious about his Pharmaceutical studies. With his redshirt year, and one year paid for through financial aid, he could potentially go to UConn for 6 years to earn his professional degree. Is Pharm two years after a Bachelors? If so, he would only have been given 5 years as a basketball player anyway. And when you think about it, professional school costs a lot more than a year of undergrad, even for an out-of-stater. Which means that paying for a year now saves Bradley money if he sticks around for grad school.

Yes, Pharm D is a 6 year program...so if you are Pre Pharmacy (or accepted into it i think soph year), its 6 years...some kids take more if they don't take all the pharmacy pre reqs, but I heard he's a great student.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I'm guessing this was all cleared with the NCAA before any decision was made

just like they did before playing the Beltway Ballers and before Ray Ray accepted a demo car from a dealership for the summer

zls44

Reaction Score
Kansas has the most NCAA sanctions. but then again, facts never got in the way with UConnvict fans...

UConn sent a lot of text messages. Kentucky had cash in envelopes.

Hmm.

Reaction Score
I stand corrected. 5 major sanctions vs 4 major sanctions. Point still stands.

zls44

Reaction Score
facts never got in the way with UConnvict fans...

You asked UConn to 'do something outside a decade span'.

How many years are in the span from 1990-today? Daggone crazy Yankee math!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom