Bradley-Pacquiao | The Boneyard

Bradley-Pacquiao

Status
Not open for further replies.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
I missed the last two rounds of the fight, but holy tits of Mother Teresa that was Pacquiao's fight.

Reaction Score
I gave up after round 9 and had it on as background noise, stunned hearing that decision being read out. It was definitely Pac's fight, but I will say one thing, it wasn't the manhandling that the HBO crew(Lampley mostly) was making it out to be.

Reaction Score
PacMan completely dominated Bradley and Bradley won only 1 of 12 rounds the commentators predicted. But they give the fight to Bradley? After watching a boring fight and an awful decision I am done with boxing for a while and spending $65 on this crap.

Reaction Score
Single worst decision ive seen in boxing. The sport might have just died tonight. Unreal. I dont even like Pac Man either. Im in shock.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I gave up after round 9 and had it on as background noise

Me too. I left the place showing it to save time on the ride home because of a commitment at 8 AM Sunday. I am floored and can't sleep.

Even for boxing, this was impressive.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
My roomate had pac by 6. Hes a big boxing fan. Yes rare. Im not a pac fan but 2night was dirt on on grave for boxing.

Reaction Score
I hate how HBO reacts to evry Manny punch really throws people off. But Manny def won. Gonna rewatch on mute at some point.

Reaction Score
1000 % agree but at the end of the day it wasnt even close at all.
I hate how HBO reacts to evry Manny punch really throws people off. But Manny def won. Gonna rewatch on mute at some point.
HBO didnt help, but it was a joke all in all.

Reaction Score
After watching a boring fight and an awful decision I am done with boxing for a while and spending $65 on this crap.

'Arum said there would be a November rematch, though he blasted the way the decision went down. "I'm going to make a lot of money on the rematch, but this was outrageous," Arum said.'

I gave up spending money on fights years ago. I can wait 2 hours for the results or wait until the morning. I especially am not going to fatten Arums pockets. Boxing will always have its corrupt moments with promoters like these. It's as if the purse is greater than the belt.

Reaction Score
Didn't watch the fight.
Last fight I watched was Mayweather/Other guy. The announcers kept telling me, "the fans don't know what they're watching. It looks like Other guy is winning the fight, but Mayweather is." I was surprised at the announcers in that fight. Every thing Mayweather did was unreal, the other guy got tempered compliments.
Why do they let such biased announcers announce? Are they part of the fix?

Boxing scoring has always been a problem. Fixing has always been a problem. It's too bad.

Reaction Score
Wait, are you telling me boxing is corrupt?

I hope the judges cash their tickets before the investigation starts.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Manny is now 1-1 in his last two fights.

He won the one he lost and he lost the one he won.

Arum has no one to blame but himself for this one - he had both sides of this one. Then again, he's going to make an ass ton of money on the rematch....and maybe he knows that Manny is slipping.

Reaction Score
PAC won the fight at worst 8-4.

Worst part for me is that as bad as that decision was, it wasnt the worst decision In the last year... Chavez jr over Zbik was worse, just goes to show how pathetic this is getting.

The sport itself is great, but until someone changes the structure of the payouts, the belts and the fight cards the sport will continue to be stale and corrupt.

Reaction Score
I still can't get over how bad Pacquiao was robbed last night. There's no point in ever watching boxing again now that we know it's rigged.

Reaction Score
3pnm9y.jpg

Reaction Score
Also, if this doesn't settle once and for all who's responsible for the Pac/Mayweather fight not being made, then I don't know what to tell those who are still blinded. Arum just blatantly used Pac as a pawn to make more money for himself. When you go so far as to fix a fight against Pac just to avoid Mayweather, then that argument that Mayweather is ducking needs to be laid to rest.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you're looking for a conspiracy theory, that isn't it.

For all the posturing, neither of those two camps wanted to actually put together a fight - they're making a fortune without it and they still have it out there when they need it.

Now imagine this...the rub on the big fight is really over the purse split. MP will not take anything less than a 50/50 split and FM will not offer a 50/50 split. That fight never gets made at 50/50 and until last night MP was never moving off of 50/50.

Now...MP has to take on a rematch with Bradley ($$$) and will have to accept a lower split if he wants to fight FM. Which, I am betting, he now feels that he has to.

With one loss, Arum probably made two fights. And a fortune.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure Pac is with Arum long enough for that to happen.

Who knows what his contract is like, I'd imagine at this point he can't just easily buy out his contract like Mayweather did when he left for $100k.

Reaction Score
Who knows what his contract is like, I'd imagine at this point he can't just easily buy out his contract like Mayweather did when he left for $100k.

Its been rumored his contract w Arum is near an end ... I have no clue the truth behind that claim tho

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
His contract with Arum is up at the end of the year - you can build a conspiracy theory out of that as well, I guess.

As unimpressed as I was with MP last night, or the fight prior, learning that Bradley fought with a sprained right ankle and a broken left foot is even more alarming.

Reaction Score
an absolute travesty. Boxing is dead and has been for many years. People should not waste money on pay-perview fights and send a message. It's laughable that Arum announced a rematch so quickley. Get these bum out here.Bring on women mud wrestlers.

Reaction Score
the rematch wont happen. And boxing isn't dead. Not what it used to be but not dead.

Reaction Score
Single worst decision ive seen in boxing. The sport might have just died tonight. Unreal. I dont even like Pac Man either. Im in shock.
No the Korean fighter getting the decision in the Seol Olympics (forget the American fighter) Basicly the American fighter kicked the Korean's ass for 3 rounds and lost.
Pacman was robbed. I had Bradley winning 2 rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom