Bracketology | The Boneyard

Bracketology

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
"Availability of talent is one of the 14 criteria that the NCAA selection committee uses to evaluate teams. It is a part of a team's resume and it matters in seeding, not in tournament inclusion. In a season full of injuries, this piece to the puzzle might never be more important. And no team embodies injury vs. availability like UConn. Where the Huskies get seeded might come down to who will be playing come tournament time. They would be a No. 1 seed right now if not for the uncertainty surrounding the status of Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme. When UConn racked up its most impressive wins, both were playing and Fudd was shining. After tweaking her knee on Sunday, Fudd's availability is up in the air. Ducharme remains in concussion protocol. If the NCAA tournament started today and neither could go, particularly Fudd, the rest of the resume would be looked at differently. Most of the top-25 NET wins came with her on the floor and don't carry the same weight if she isn't playing now or in March."

Welcome back OK and UNC. Adios AZ & Iowa State.
1673968848958.png

Reaction Score
Interesting that it matters who was playing when you won the biggest games and not who was playing when you lost. UConn has lost only to top 25 teams. That was without some of the key players. Stanford fielded over 10 players in their loss to USC.
The logic confounds me.
That said, Bracketology is the musings of one individual. What matters is how the tournament plays out in March and April.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Interesting that it matters who was playing when you won the biggest games and not who was playing when you lost. UConn has lost only to top 25 teams. That was without some of the key players. Stanford fielded over 10 players in their loss to USC.
The logic confounds me.
That said, Bracketology is the musings of one individual. What matters is how the tournament plays out in March and April.
ND and Maryland are currently #7 and #11, respectively. Both games were on the road, too

Reaction Score
Last year the selection committee did a top 16 bracket reveal on Jan 27, Feb 10, and Feb 28. Are they doing that again this year?

Reaction Score
The logic confounds me.
We’ll, he did say that we’d be a #1 seed if Azzi and Caroline were available.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Jan 20 update ... same teams as Jan 17, with only regional changes. No up or down seeds.
1674321803901.png

Reaction Score
I'm actually enjoying Creme's brackets just because it gives me a chance to trace out how the rounds of the tournament will play out under this or that fantasy. For example, in the 1/20 bracket it could look like this:

In the Seattle region, we would play Holy Cross and then probably Colorado, and then either Duke or USF. Then we meet Stanford in the Elite Eight, and we all know how that one will go. I don't see anyone upsetting SC in the Greenville regional, so that would be our FF opponent.

On the other side of Greenville, it's really between tOSU, UCLA and LSU (lol), and in the other Seattle regional it will likely be Indiana, ND or OK (maybe Michigan). That said, I can imagine a FF consisting of UConn v SC and UCLA v ND, and we'd meet ND in the NC game for a grand reunion.

Reaction Score
"Availability of talent is one of the 14 criteria that the NCAA selection committee uses to evaluate teams. It is a part of a team's resume and it matters in seeding, not in tournament inclusion. In a season full of injuries, this piece to the puzzle might never be more important. And no team embodies injury vs. availability like UConn. Where the Huskies get seeded might come down to who will be playing come tournament time. They would be a No. 1 seed right now if not for the uncertainty surrounding the status of Azzi Fudd and Caroline Ducharme. When UConn racked up its most impressive wins, both were playing and Fudd was shining. After tweaking her knee on Sunday, Fudd's availability is up in the air. Ducharme remains in concussion protocol. If the NCAA tournament started today and neither could go, particularly Fudd, the rest of the resume would be looked at differently. Most of the top-25 NET wins came with her on the floor and don't carry the same weight if she isn't playing now or in March."

Welcome back OK and UNC. Adios AZ & Iowa State.
View attachment 83112
I would take a 2 seed in that region, cake walk to FF!

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Today's update - Iowa & MD up, UCLA & Utah down, a bunch of region changes, but no new teams from last week.
1674571932456.png

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Today's update - Iowa & MD up, UCLA & Utah down, a bunch of region changes, but no new teams from last week.
View attachment 83387
Interesting that Ohio State is still a 1 seed, I figured that LSU would (undeservedly) be a new 1 seed.

Reaction Score
Hahaha!!! Still a #2 seed despite how well Inês played.

Still, I like this one for playing out the narrative of the schedule Creme imagines for us. First we play Albany, and then it's Louisville, which may not be all that interesting this year. After that, an overdue rematch against MD (unless Baylor sticks a fork in them before we get the chance). And then it's Stanford in the Elite Eight and we all know how that will turn out lol.

The Final four could look like this: We play SC (unless Colorado upsets them) and ND gives Indiana a thumping if they get Dara back. Then it's UConn v ND in the NC game for another overdue rematch.

Reaction Score

Still, I like this one for playing out the narrative of the schedule Creme imagines for us. First we play Albany, and then it's Louisville, which may not be all that interesting this year. After that, an overdue rematch against MD (unless Baylor sticks a fork in them before we get the chance). And then it's Stanford in the Elite Eight and we all know how that will turn out lol.

The Final four could look like this: We play SC (unless Colorado upsets them) and ND gives Indiana a thumping if they get Dara back. Then it's UConn v ND in the NC game for another overdue rematch.

Unfortunately, Dara's college career is over

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, Dara's college career is over
Is that the news out of South Bend? I hadn't heard anything definitive. If so, I'm sorry to hear it.

And in Creme-land, that likely means we'd play IU in the NC game.

Reaction Score
Is that the news out of South Bend? I hadn't heard anything definitive. If so, I'm sorry to hear it.

And in Creme-land, that likely means we'd play IU in the NC game.

There's a post from her instagram in the Dara thread on the general board. She has a torn ACL

Reaction Score

Dara is out for the year. Indiana is going to be a serious contender at least into the elite 8

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Can someone please tell what the heck Charlie is smoking, because I would love some of it.:cool:

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Last Bracketology of the month. Going forward I'll only show a few weeks as the grid is getting unwieldy.

UConn up, Ohio State down, and welcome back Iowa State.

1674831348826.png

Reaction Score
As I’ve been saying, beat Tennessee and once a team ahead of them got the loss or two they will get, UConn will get their 1 seed.

Reaction Score
Charley probably HAD to make UCONN a #1 at this point (with 2 losses by tOSU)...with or without the missing players, Azzi and Caroline. Yes, with those two, we likely climb up the ranks of #1s and into the bracket opposite South Carolina which would be nice. BUT, we can't rely on others to do what UCONN needs to do... so a great game and win on Feb 5th will be a big help.

GO UCONN!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The craziest thing (to me) about the Uconn resume is that arguably the best win of the season( so far) s the victory over Duke. :eek:. No one on God's green earth would gave predicted that going into the season. Some might argue for Iowa, but Duke has stronger computer numbers by and large.

Reaction Score
The craziest thing (to me) about the Uconn resume is that arguably the best win of the season( so far) s the victory over Duke. :eek:. No one on God's green earth would gave predicted that going into the season. Some might argue for Iowa, but Duke has stronger computer numbers by and large.
I saw that looking at Bracketology and Massey on Tuesday, but didn’t want to jinx Duke by pointing it out. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom