Bracketology | The Boneyard

Bracketology

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
TBH, if that would be the bracket released on selection Sunday, that would be fine with me.

I'm happy with that draw as a three seed or a one seed or any other seed.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
My prediction is that the key this year is to avoid SC’s (and to a lesser extent, Stanford’s) bracket rather than worry about individual seedings in regionals. SC is the heavily favored #1 team and plays 2 hours from home to get to the Final Four this year which is a death sentence for any team in their regional. I’d much rather be a 4 or 5 seed in a Tennessee/Iowa region than a 2 seed in SC’s.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
As I understand it, if UConn gets a 2 or 3 seed in Greenville and wins their two games there they will go to the final 4...
without meeting SC. There will be 2 final four entries from both Greenville and Seattle. Assuming for the moment that there will be no seeding upsets....and that SC heads to Greenville as the one seed the match-ups there would be:

1-8, 2-7, 3-6 and 4-5.

Winners of those games would go to the final 8.
1-4 and 2-3.

Winner of those 2 games go to the final 4.

I'm all for avoiding SC as long as possible but if we somehow wind up facing them in a
final 8 game [say if we are a 4 or 5 seed] I say why not beat them with our very talented team...maybe Azzi going for 35 and Lou hitting the game winner at the buzzer...and send them home early? That IS my story and I'm sticking to it!

Reaction Score
Bracketology before New Year's is stupid. Well, Okay, it's stupid anytime before the week preceding selection day but it's ludicrous where less than half the teams have even played - and the VAST majority of games played involved cupcakes
Yea...they should call it Racketology this early since it's all about AD revenue this early.

Reaction Score
Greenville has 2 distinct brackets - Columbia and Knoxville. The winners of each go to the final 4. It is not just one large bracket.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Z: I think I have read in multiple places that there will be 8 teams in Greenville and 8 in Seattle.
Each group will in effect have 2 different sections...of 4 teams each. Winners of the two sections will go to the final 4.
I do believe that all the games in each section will be played in Greenville...and Seattle. They will be 'divided' from each other but will all be in Greenville...and Seattle.

Would you link for us how Knoxville and Columbia are the sites for the sweet 16 and final 8 games?
If the 2 brackets simply have the names of Columbia and Knoxville I suppose that would answer my question...but more importantly all those games will still be played in Greenville...I think.

Reaction Score
It is of ZERO consequence what Charlie is putting out there on Nov 8th... March Madness is a long time from now. These brackets will look completely different when it matters. Who can predict if another top team... i.e., SC, Stanford, Tenn, or your choice... don't have an injury plagued season like UCONN did last year???? I guess Charlie has to publish something at this time of the year to earn his paycheck.:confused:

Reaction Score
It is too late for me to edit my post but the names Columbia and Knoxville are the names of the 2 brackets. At this point I have no idea where the games in those brackets will be actually played.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Going to Seattle?
Bring your rain gear to Climate Pledge Arena. I have been in Seattle in March for the Pac-12 Tournament, rained both times.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Hey y’all - I’d normally update my colórama bracketology pic, however I am traveling, no laptop. Will update when I’m back in the states.

Reaction Score
I don't like it, but this early it's more bulletin board material IMO. My range of realistic goals starts with getting a 2 seed. That I think is probable. The next level up is getting one of the top 2 second seeds, hopefully avoiding the same region as South Carolina or Stanford, and an easier path to the Final Four. And finally, because I think there is a drop-off after South Carolina and Stanford, getting one of the last two 1 seeds is certainly possible and should be our goal as well.

Get to the Final Four with streak intact and anything is possible.

Bajan Best

Decades of Excellence = Legendary
Reaction Score
My prediction is that the key this year is to avoid SC’s (and to a lesser extent, Stanford’s) bracket rather than worry about individual seedings in regionals. SC is the heavily favored #1 team and plays 2 hours from home to get to the Final Four this year which is a death sentence for any team in their regional. I’d much rather be a 4 or 5 seed in a Tennessee/Iowa region than a 2 seed in SC’s.
Why? to achieve the only acceptable goal for UConn you will still have to play one of them at some point... My Money is on UConn this season and every season, but especially this season... #12 is within our reach.. Mark my words...

Reaction Score
Possible matchup with Carla and her Princeton tigers

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Going to Seattle?
Bring your rain gear to Climate Pledge Arena. I have been in Seattle in March for the Pac-12 Tournament, rained both times.
Not surprising......................on average, it rains 300 days a year in the northwest region. :oops:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It's November and this means nothing. Charlie is doing Charlie.

We'll see come January were things stand.

Reaction Score
I would take the teams Creme has us playing and say we have a better than 50% chance of making the Final 4.

Reaction Score
It is of ZERO consequence what Charlie is putting out there on Nov 8th... March Madness is a long time from now. These brackets will look completely different when it matters. Who can predict if another top team... i.e., SC, Stanford, Tenn, or your choice... don't have an injury plagued season like UCONN did last year???? I guess Charlie has to publish something at this time of the year to earn his paycheck.:confused:

Not quite zero. While Charlie has no direct connection to the NCAA selection committee he has attended at least one of their "mock bracket practices" and since he talked with them he has been pretty close to the NCAA's final bracket. And a bracket, once published, has it's own inertia.
Now Charlie has anointed himself a seer into the future, using SOS not as a means of downgrading teams like LSU, but to lower the seed of a team based on their very good SOS. Couldn't you at least have waited until they lost even one of those games Charlie?

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The Bracketology by Creme is ridiculous. Having said that, the Texas game now has become huge for us. We need to beat them to give us some credibility in the WBB world, as poll after poll keeps disrespecting us. By beating Texas, followed by NCST, we will be back in the conversation until someone knocks us off. If we lose this game, it will be a hard road back to getting the respect that we deserve.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom