Bracketology Expert Panel Member has UConn as 3 seed | The Boneyard

Bracketology Expert Panel Member has UConn as 3 seed

Reaction Score
Watching the LSU vs Mississippi St. game and during the game the announcers were interviewing a member of the WBB Bracketology committee. During that interview he said that he now has UCONN as a 3 seed after the IOWA win against Indiana. Looking at the current Bracket on ESPN, if Iowa and UConn switch seeding positions then that would put UConn in the same bracket as South Carolina. We definitely need a statement performance in the BE Tourney and come out with the Championship, to ensure that #2 seed. Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Do you know who this person was? I seriously doubt it was any member of the actual NCAA seeding committee. Don’t think they ever would discuss something like that publicly. I’m guessing it was some journalist who views himself as an expert in Bracketology, just like 100 others.

Reaction Score
I did not get the name. I overheard it while I was preoccupied cleaning, but that definitely caught my attention when it was said.

Reaction Score
Does Charlie Creme realize the Iowa lost by 28 points to Maryland last week after the committee's last reveal? An exciting win after getting blown out shouldn't jump them from #9 to #7. If Clark's shot missed, Iowa would probably fall out of the top ten.

Reaction Score
Ok well yeah that makes more sense. I thought it was a committee member. sighs or relief. With that said, do you see any truth. I think we should be a 1 or 2 seed over LSU just based off of resume alone

Reaction Score
I assume we would drop below Iowa to 8 overall, in SC's bracket

Reaction Score
I assume we would drop below Iowa to 8 overall, in SC's bracket
In Charlie's new bracket, he has UCONN at #9 & a 3 seed!
In the committee's bracket (the only one that counts), I don't see UCONN dropping out of the #7 spot unless they falter in the Big East tourney.

Reaction Score
UCONN will not be any lower than a 2 seed.

I am fully convinced though Creme purposes always has a couple of outrageous selections which stirs the pot online to draw clicks

Reaction Score
UCONN will not be any lower than a 2 seed.

I am fully convinced though Creme purposes always has a couple of outrageous selections which stirs the pot online to draw clicks
You could be right!
Charlie insists that he predicts his brackets based on the Committee's rankings. But he's gone off the grid with his lastest Bracketology.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
In the last "official" reveal (which Creme had nothing to do with), UConn was seeded #7 overall. That took account of the St. John's loss. So you would think that if there are no further losses, UConn should not drop further. However, if they drop even one overall position (from #7 to #8), then, though still a 2-seed, they would be in South Carolina's bracket.

If the specific question is whether Iowa or UConn should be seeded higher overall, then (if I were on the NCAA committee, and, of course, were being totally objective;)), I would say that UConn should have the higher seed because of (a) UConn's head-to-head win over Iowa in November -- which occurred with Azzi but without Dorka; and (b) the fact that UConn played Maryland much more competitively, despite losing, than Iowa did.

A more dubious question is whether Indiana or Stanford will slip in their overall seeding because of their losses this week, possibly (in Stanford's case) off the top line entirely.

Reaction Score
The only thing that is certain going into tournament week is that South Carolina will be the overall #1 seed. Even if they loose in the SEC Tournament. The winner of the Big 10 and PAC 12 Tournaments will grab two more spots. Then it gets tricky. If LSU wins out they earn the fourth #1 seed. If not; it depends on how far UConn Indiana Utah Stanford Maryland LSU or Iowa go in tournament play.

Reaction Score
The only thing that is certain going into tournament week is that South Carolina will be the overall #1 seed. Even if they loose in the SEC Tournament. The winner of the Big 10 and PAC 12 Tournaments will grab two more spots. Then it gets tricky. If LSU wins out they earn the fourth #1 seed. If not; it depends on how far UConn Indiana Utah Stanford Maryland LSU or Iowa go in tournament play.
I think the #1 seed should be between the other teams. As a LSU fan, I just dislike the idea that our team with a SOS as bad as their has been to earn something like that because it wouldn't be earned.... they should get credit for running the table in conference play with no depth outside their loss to SC but to me to earn a #1 seed you need to have a resume filled with quality wins and you have to take into account SOS. LSU is a quality team with some good players and have a HOF coach, but the actual resume of the team isn't 1 seed worthy

For me I would have the fourth #1 seed between Utah, Maryland, UCONN, Iowa. But I do believe you will see a clearer picture after conference tournaments

Reaction Score
Why are people freaking out over this? The other day UCONN was a 2 seed along with Iowa, Maryland, and someone else I cannot recall, I believe LSU.. Even if Iowa is ahead of UCONN they were both #2's.
In addition to that... How many teams are going to lose at least one more game before the NCAA tournament.
If I am not mistaken Indiana and Iowa could potentially play again which one team will need to lose, there is a chance they can both lose going into that conferences final game...
You have Maryland, Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina all in the ACC.... only one can win....
South Carolina, LSU, Tennessee in the SEC... again only one will win.... so all these other teams will have another L on their records.
So.... why are people freaking out over what Creme may have said?

Reaction Score
I want to become a bracketologist. Apparently you don’t need any special qualifications.
It is sad that the interviewer apparently referred to Charlie as a "member of the WBB Bracketology Committee"... since, if I recall correctly, Charlie is not part of the NCAA Women's Basketball Tournament Selection Committee."

Every year Charlie comes up with some outrageous stuff... (oddly stuff that normally includes UConn...) that only minimally matches up with what the REAL NCAA Tournament Selection Committee comes up with. Last year it was UCONN not in the Bridgeport Region for the longest time...and how did that turn out???

I don't know if Charlie gets a bonus for clicks to things he posts on line or things he says in "interviews", or if he just gets a kick out of riling up the UConn fan base. I can't believe Charlie has forgotten that UConn is #2 in NCAA Net Ranking, and #1overall Strength of Schedule.

But at this point, only ONE seed in the entire Women's Tournament Bracket is virtually guaranteed, and that is South Carolina overall #1. There have been many surprises in the past few weeks and more to come in Conference Tournaments.

Wild and crazy times ahead.

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
Why are people freaking out over this? The other day UCONN was a 2 seed along with Iowa, Maryland, and someone else I cannot recall, I believe LSU.. Even if Iowa is ahead of UCONN they were both #2's.
In addition to that... How many teams are going to lose at least one more game before the NCAA tournament.
If I am not mistaken Indiana and Iowa could potentially play again which one team will need to lose, there is a chance they can both lose going into that conferences final game...
You have Maryland, Notre Dame, Duke, North Carolina all in the ACC.... only one can win....
South Carolina, LSU, Tennessee in the SEC... again only one will win.... so all these other teams will have another L on their records.
So.... why are people freaking out over what Creme may have said?
Maryland joined the Big10 in the 2014-15 season.

Reaction Score
Don't beat yourselves up about it....UConn will be a number 2 seed most likely, and if they are a 3 seed, so what? We are not going to win the NC this year, and if that is not apparent, then you have not been watching all the games.
I’ve watched every single game. That’s the beauty of March Madness. It’s anyone’s chance. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Don't beat yourselves up about it....UConn will be a number 2 seed most likely, and if they are a 3 seed, so what? We are not going to win the NC this year, and if that is not apparent, then you have not been watching all the games.
I think most fans still have a glimmer of hope that somehow our girls can get to another final four.

That glimmer is practically extinguished if we end up South Carolina's regional, so the seeding does
still matter a bit to many of us.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom