Bracketology changes | The Boneyard

Bracketology changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In my picks:

Most notably, tenn moved up to a 1 seed. Ariz St up to a 3. Texas holds on to a 1, but ND does not. And the Horns hold on to OKC by virtue of their win over the Vols. TxAM tumbles to a 3.

ALB: UConn, MD__, Ky__, Lou
GRN: SoCar, Bay , AzSt, UNC
OKC: Texas, ND__, TxAM, MissSt
SPK: Tenn , OrSt, Duke, Nwstrn

Right now 9 of the top 16 from SEC and ACC.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Great list, I'd agree with most of your picks. I think Tennessee is improving every week and I'm guessing they'll only lose 1-2 more games before the tournament even though their offense is so inconsistent. They have a strong resume, even their loss to UT-Chat isn't looking that awful right now. Oregon State is also a team to keep an eye on, they are 13-1 with their only losing coming at Tennessee, and all of their wins have been by double digits. I think they roll through Pac-12 play with just 1-2 losses. Rueck is one of the better coaches in the country.

Reaction Score
And yet, Princeton would beat half of the teams in that list

Reaction Score
And yet, Princeton would beat half of the teams in that list
Princeton is difficult to seed.
It is 0-0 against the RPI top 25 and 1-0 against the RPI top 50. In other words, it has beaten pretty much no one. Hard to evaluate such a team, I think they'll be in the 5-8 seed range.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Princeton will have an uphill climb to get into the top 4 seeds even with an undefeated season, but USCar is 2-0 vs the top 50 teams at this point, so Princeton's 1-0 against the top 50 and a win also over #52 Michigan is in the same ballpark if you are truly basing ratings on current performance.

Of course, there these numbers are based on Sagarin and not brain-dead RPI.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We actually beat Bill Bradley's bunch with a boys playing a Villanova Harry Paretta game and the Princeton women may make a sort of run in the tournament. Don't think they will get any respect from the seeding committee. Maybe a 12 or 11?

Reaction Score
I guess we'll find out who is better between ND and Tennessee soon as they play. I think it's ridiculous UT could be a 1 seed over ND. Sometimes you need to use your eyes and not numbers.

I still maintain if ND drops to a 2 the committee will put them in our bracket. I still remember the shady stuff they pulled on us in the '90s.

Reaction Score
I guess we'll find out who is better between ND and Tennessee soon as they play. I think it's ridiculous UT could be a 1 seed over ND. Sometimes you need to use your eyes and not numbers.

I still maintain if ND drops to a 2 the committee will put them in our bracket. I still remember the shady stuff they pulled on us in the '90s.

Agree, the battle btwn ND and TN will prob determine the last #1 seed. Their conference tracks will also have impact as well. If they lose more than once in the coming conference play from now on, someone else might sneak up on them.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
The top-rated mid major like Princeton is usually around a #6, though Delaware earned a #3 in 2012 and Xavier got a #2 in 2011. Princeton is currently at #8 in Sagarin and should stay in top 16 if it remains undefeated, so that should earn a #5 or #6 seed.

Reaction Score
It is 0-0 against the RPI top 25 and 1-0 against the RPI top 50. In other words, it has beaten pretty much no one. Hard to evaluate such a team, I think they'll be in the 5-8 seed range.
I hope Princeton gets a few national televised games in February. They could be the only undefeated team by then. They need to experience the spotlight before the NCAA's.

Reaction Score
I worry but we're no longer the Huskies of the 90s. And if they "punish" us by sending ND our way, they're punishing ND even more and I doubt that would be on the agenda.

Reaction Score
I didn't say anything about seeding - I said that Princeton would beat half of those teams. RPI is complete nonsense as far as predicting which team is more likely to win. Both Massey and Sagarin (based ONLY on mathematics and not some political correctness feelings) say Princeton is a top 10 team and they SHOULD be a 2 or 3 seed. Of course the committee somehow feels a lousy team from a "good conference" is more deserving than a good team from a poorer conference. I'll stay with my original statement.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Clara Peller, and me, say's "Where's The Beach"

Thats Long Beach State University. 15-1....................and growing.

Reaction Score
I didn't say anything about seeding - I said that Princeton would beat half of those teams. RPI is complete nonsense as far as predicting which team is more likely to win. Both Massey and Sagarin (based ONLY on mathematics and not some political correctness feelings) say Princeton is a top 10 team and they SHOULD be a 2 or 3 seed. Of course the committee somehow feels a lousy team from a "good conference" is more deserving than a good team from a poorer conference. I'll stay with my original statement.

And I'll stand with my original statement that Princeton is difficult to seed. No matter whether you look at RPI, Sagarin, or Massey, they have not beaten a top 25 team. And they are just 2-0 against the Sagarin top 50 and Massey top 50. (With those wins being over Pitt and Michigan.)

I'm a big fan of underdogs and will root for Princeton, but if I were on the committee, I would not seed a team higher than 5 without a win over a top 25 team.

Reaction Score
Clara Peller, and me, say's "Where's The Beach"

Thats Long Beach State University. 15-1.....and growing.

Similar issue to Princeton. They are just 1-1 against the top 50. (Beating Cal, losing to USC).

Reaction Score
And I'll stand with my original statement that Princeton is difficult to seed. No matter whether you look at RPI, Sagarin, or Massey, they have not beaten a top 25 team. And they are just 2-0 against the Sagarin top 50 and Massey top 50. (With those wins being over Pitt and Michigan.)

I'm a big fan of underdogs and will root for Princeton, but if I were on the committee, I would not seed a team higher than 5 without a win over a top 25 team.
If they watch any of Princeton's games then they'll seed them higher. As long as they aren't in UCONN's bracket I see them as a possible Final Four team.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Princeton actually could get a Sagarin top 25 win soon since Pitt is at #28 now.

In brain-dead RPI Pitt is well back at #48, but with UConn sliding back to #4 and likely getting set to plunge further down into that idiocy index, who knows whether the Huskies will count for much as an opponent there.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Note that in today's ranking, Baylor is #3 and Louisville is tied with Texas for #4, so based on that both of them are potential #1 seeds. I can't possibly see Louisville being a #4 seed unless they collapse in the remaining part of the season.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Louisville hasn't played a tough ACC game yet. Pitt is ok but there's much tougher to come. We'll know much more about them once they go through the @Florida State, vs. Miami, vs. Syracuse, @Duke stretch that they have coming up from 1/22 to 2/2.

Their best win is Iowa so far. Not saying they definitely will drop to a #4 seed, but it's conceivable with those four teams plus Pitt again, UNC, and ND left on the schedule.

Reaction Score
I can't possibly see Louisville being a #4 seed unless they collapse in the remaining part of the season.

If Louisville finishes 4th or worse in the ACC, they very easily would be a 4 seed or worse. Hard to know how the Cards shape up since their only true opponent is Kentucky, which beat them. Not inconceivable for them to finish behind ND, UNC, Fla St, Syr, Duke, Miami.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
I think the Tennessee at Notre Dame game. Who ever wins will most likey get a #1 seed.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
While I think our current ranking of 4 (Louisville) is too high, I was surprised to see someone have us as a 4 seed in the bracket.
We are an interesting team this year. In some respects, we are over performing, based on all that we lost last year.
In other respects we are playing hit or miss, as I suspected, as we are relying quite a bit on a couple of our freshman. (Moore and Hines-Allen). We go, as our freshman go. If they continue to play at a high level as we head into the meat of the conference schedule, we very well could be a legit #4 team. I could also see a collapse, losing to FSU, Duke, ND and UNC.
Regardless of what happens we are in much better position than I (and probably many) ever thought, given all that we lost last year to graduation. I have very, very high hopes for us the next few years with a great class coming in and building upon the momentum and success of this years freshman class.

Reaction Score
While I think our current ranking of 4 (Louisville) is too high, I was surprised to see someone have us as a 4 seed in the bracket.
We are an interesting team this year. In some respects, we are over performing, based on all that we lost last year.
In other respects we are playing hit or miss, as I suspected, as we are relying quite a bit on a couple of our freshman. (Moore and Hines-Allen). We go, as our freshman go. If they continue to play at a high level as we head into the meat of the conference schedule, we very well could be a legit #4 team. I could also see a collapse, losing to FSU, Duke, ND and UNC.
Regardless of what happens we are in much better position than I (and probably many) ever thought, given all that we lost last year to graduation. I have very, very high hopes for us the next few years with a great class coming in and building upon the momentum and success of this years freshman class.
I kinda wish that Jeff Walz would've given Shoni an offseason job considering all she did for their program (ala Natalie Achonwa with ND). It doesn't look like she's playing for anyone right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom