Bracketology changes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Jennyo70, can you speak to Jeff about signing that contract to play UConn sometime before the Second Coming? If your team is that good (and it seems they are getting there), there is no reason for him to hesitate.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Note that in today's ranking, Baylor is #3 and Louisville is tied with Texas for #4, so based on that both of them are potential #1 seeds. I can't possibly see Louisville being a #4 seed unless they collapse in the remaining part of the season.
But Louisville never gets any love on the BY. Sure they're ranked #4 in the AP and rated #8 in Sagarin, but frankly I was surprised they were listed among the top 16 teams here. Sure they've beaten the team listed #17 in Sagarin, but you won't even find that team mentioned above (Western KY is having a nice year). Sure they've beaten Cal, Iowa, and Pitt, but those are only top 30 or 40 teams, so they don't count. Sure their SOS is rated higher than a number of teams such as Texas and Oregon State, but it's the Cards who haven't played anyone. It's the same old, same old.

jennyo70

Loo'ville Lady
Reaction Score
Joe, we have been told that the series will resume in 2016 as it could not be worked out scheduling wise until then.
I dont pretend to know how all the scheduling works and how far in advance these things are scheduled, however, I do know that several factors seem to be important to Walz:
1) He likes to schedule teams where his assistants have gone on to coach. So, WKU and Belmont ( Michelle Clark-Heard and Cam Newbauer) will likely remain on the schedule for the foreseeable future.
2) KY is an in state rival that is always on the schedule (even though we have a huge mental issue with this game that we can not seem to get past, we give the flipping game away every year)
3) There is usually 1-2 games that are on the schedule that takes a junior/senior "back home".

I also know that he is not too interested in playing uconn during the conference slate, he would much rather play in the OOC part of the schedule. Understandably, Geno wants the game during the conference slate to up the competition level. So, I think that may have been a sticking point contributing to next year scheduling difficulty.

As tired as I am of losing to Uconn, I do see it as an important series to be played. I also think there could be a psychological aspect to the scheduling of this game. You all have pummeled us time and again (as well as just about everyone). However, for us, it has been in conference, in the conference tourney and in the NC game twice (I think one year you all beat us terribly, 4 times). By the time that we play you all again, there will only be two players on our team that have known that beat down. For everyone else, well, the wounds aren't there. (I guess we could match up in the NCAA tourney this year or next, however, I hope you see my point). So, I suspect it could also be a way to cleanse those old wounds.

Reaction Score
I too hope UCONN and Louisville match up again. I love the way Jeff coaches and his teams play. I was fortunate enough to meet Coach Walz at the Final Four last year. Saw him with friends at a bar. I introduced myself and told him he was my favorite coach not named Geno. He just smiled...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I too hope UCONN and Louisville match up again. I love the way Jeff coaches and his teams play. I was fortunate enough to meet Coach Walz at the Final Four last year. Saw him with friends at a bar. I introduced myself and told him he was my favorite coach not named Geno. He just smiled...

Surprised he didn't pee on your foot.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
It may seem like UConn was always beating up on Louisville four times a year, but of course no team has ever beaten another one four times in a year. In fact, in a lot of those old Big East seasons UConn and Louisville only faced each other once, but the two times that UConn won three games in a season versus the Cards was in the 2008-09 season with one regular season and one BET win and the NC game rout, and then again last year in the AAC when UConn took the two regulars plus the AACT match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom