bracketology (again) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

bracketology (again)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I most definitely would, and this is where me and tria differs. To be the best you have to beat the best. Joanne has been ducking Geno for some time now, and she had quite a lot to say this summer. Would love to see her get a chance to back up the smack she talked, pretty sure Geno would enjoy the matchup as well.

UCONN fans are happy that the Duke series ended. If it had continued.... #23 wouldnt be suiting up for them next year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Maaaaan, I'm only 22 so I really could careless about what coaches wear I focus more on the court. Although, I will add, it definitely caught me off guard seeing her in a dress vs Notre Dame.

22? I have Duke shirts older than you :oops:

Anyway.... I didnt realize that coach McCallie wore a dress until I logged on here. With a few exceptions.... I dont care what coaches wear... head or assistants. I do remember that Coach Ivey for ND had on a nice green outfit on sunday though :D

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Maybe you're hearing those voices in your dreams.
Luckily, I have better things to dream about than the Maryland fans who frequent the ESPN comment boards.

Reaction Score
Luckily, I have better things to dream about than the Maryland fans who frequent the ESPN comment boards.

Oh gawd, I hope so! :p

I find any board has a range of voices and perspectives. One reason I enjoy your posts is because they seem to me more on the pragmatic let's-not-get-carried-away-with-our-fandom side. I've read thoughtful and measured posts on Maryland sites that recognize the team doesn't have the schedule to merit a 1 seed. I wouldn't take any whining as representative of the fan base.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oh gawd, I hope so! :p

I find any board has a range of voices and perspectives. One reason I enjoy your posts is because they seem to me more on the pragmatic let's-not-get-carried-away-with-our-fandom side. I've read thoughtful and measured posts on Maryland sites that recognize the team doesn't have the schedule to merit a 1 seed. I wouldn't take any whining as representative of the fan base.
Thanks for the compliment. I must admit that I don't visit the Maryland-specific sites. And it wasn't my intention to paint all their fans with a broad brush. As is typical, it's only the complaining voices that get heard. Those without major objections have little motive to speak up.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the compliment. I must admit that I don't visit the Maryland-specific sites. And it wasn't my intention to paint all their fans with a broad brush. As is typical, it's only the complaining voices that get heard. Those without major objections have little motive to speak up.

Being a Maryland fan I do visit the Maryland boards and have not heard voices saying that after the Purdue win that Maryland should be a #1 seed like the voices you have been hearing. And since you don't visit the Maryland board maybe you can inform me where you are hearing those voices.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Being a Maryland fan I do visit the Maryland boards and have not heard voices saying that after the Purdue win that Maryland should be a #1 seed like the voices you have been hearing. And since you don't visit the Maryland board maybe you can inform me where you are hearing those voices.
Any ESPN article related to bracketology, seeding, top-16 reveals, etc.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow, all those places. I must have missed the Maryland whining. Thanks.
Perhaps my worldview is more limited than yours. You're welcome.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
To tell you how much sway Dawn has at USC, our arena was going to bid on the first 2 rounds of the men's NCAAT when it was taken away from NC, but that would have meant we couldn't have hosted. It ended up at a smaller arena in Greenville instead.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
To tell you how much sway Dawn has at USC, our arena was going to bid on the first 2 rounds of the men's NCAAT when it was taken away from NC, but that would have meant we couldn't have hosted. It ended up at a smaller arena in Greenville instead.

Greenville is a better host city then Columbia anyway... ;) :p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
How about Conway?

:rolleyes:

Um, no.

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the arena.... plenty of hotels........ MAIN STREET GREENVILLE....more things to do for fans on the off day......... better city overall :cool: :p:D;):rolleyes:

mind you Ive never been to Columbia.... but I do love Greenville.

You mean in the "crackerbox" that hosted the ACC Tournament?

People joke about that... but it still drew more fans than the Big 12 tourney in Oklahoma City's Pro Arena..... or almost the same number.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:

Plenty of restaurants within walking distance of the arena.... plenty of hotels... MAIN STREET GREENVILLE....more things to do for fans on the off day.... better city overall :cool: :p:D;):rolleyes:

mind you Ive never been to Columbia.... but I do love Greenville.

People joke about that... but it still drew more fans than the Big 12 tourney in Oklahoma City's Pro Arena..... or almost the same number.
The arena in Columbia is in the middle of the Vista, next to the convention center and walking distance to dozens of bars and restaurants.

Reaction Score
See if I understand this. Michigan State was unable to host as a result of a scheduling decision made by Michigan State and the coach was mad at… the NCAA?

It was more like she was venting about the whole experience:
Couch: Nothing fair about NCAA tourney experience for Spartan women

Michigan State lost a very close and competitive game at Starkville in which some questionable calls went against them down the stretch. At one critical point a Miss St player had a foot out of bounds, caught clearly on the replay but missed by the officials.

I probably should have re-phrased the sentence: the Mich St coach thought it unfair that her players, having earned the high seed in their group, had to play and win on a lower-seeded team's home court (as opposed to, say, a neutral site).

This situation used to happen on occasion even before the tourney committee changed to the current system. Venues for sub-regionals were often pre-selected based on strong regional interest in women's basketball, like Spokane, WA and Ames, Iowa - and then place Gonzaga or Iowa St, respectively, in those pods to help bolster attendance, no matter if those schools might be lower-seeded.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The arena in Columbia is in the middle of the Vista, next to the convention center and walking distance to dozens of bars and restaurants.

Hmmmm.... I still need more convincing. I do need to visit Columbia though..... they have a Del Taco.... and I need some carne asada fries.

Reaction Score
22? I have Duke shirts older than you :oops:

Anyway.... I didnt realize that coach McCallie wore a dress until I logged on here. With a few exceptions.... I dont care what coaches wear... head or assistants. I do remember that Coach Ivey for ND had on a nice green outfit on sunday though :D
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom