Bracketology 2/4/19 - Creme's take on UConn vs. ND for #1 seed | The Boneyard

Bracketology 2/4/19 - Creme's take on UConn vs. ND for #1 seed

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Syracuse a 3 seed?
Cuse is 6-3 vs. RPI top 50, whereas South Carolina is 5-5. Cuse is ranked 10th in RPI where South Carolina is 15th, Hence South Carolina is a 4 and Cuse a 3. Now South Carolina is trending very well and Cuse has recent losses to GTech and Miami. If these trends continue, then South Carolina will probably end up a 3-seed. By the way, Massey has 'noted' the Gamecocks' surge and has them ranked 13th (still a 4-seed) but Cuse (with all their close wins) ranked 18th. (Massey likes MOV.)

Reaction Score
Cuse is 6-3 vs. RPI top 50, whereas South Carolina is 5-5. Cuse is ranked 10th in RPI where South Carolina is 15th, Hence South Carolina is a 4 and Cuse a 3. Now South Carolina is trending very well and Cuse has recent losses to GTech and Miami. If these trends continue, then South Carolina will probably end up a 3-seed. By the way, Massey has 'noted' the Gamecocks' surge and has them ranked 13th (still a 4-seed) but Cuse (with all their close wins) ranked 18th. (Massey likes MOV.)

All things considered I don’t think they’ll finish on the 3 line with the schedule they have coming up.

Reaction Score
One of the things that's hurting UConn's strength of schedule somewhat are the homecoming games that Geno schedules for the seniors. It may well be a worth the trade off, but when combined with AAC Conference woes, it can have a negative impact on RPI in certain years like this one.

Reaction Score
If Oregon State gets past Stanford and Cal this weekend, do they move to a #2 seed? And if Stanford beats Oregon this weekend, do they knock out NC State from #2 seed?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
And if Stanford beats Oregon this weekend, do they knock out NC State from #2 seed?
How would that knock State from a #2? Stanford is still a #2 seed in Creme's bracketology.

Reaction Score
Man, Portland Region a walk in the park for MS State and Oregon.....until they face each other in the Elite 8.

Reaction Score
How would that knock State from a #2? Stanford is still a #2 seed in Creme's bracketology.
Well, if OSU becomes #2 seed, then Stanford or NC State has to move out of a #2 seed (I would think)?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No issue at all with UCONN as a 2 seed. If the team does not get out of their funk, they may not make it to Albany anyway. Beating Cinci by 10?? PLENTY of time so not really worried, but this team is all kinds of out of sorts. Not sure what the solution is, but Geno will surely earn his salary this season!!!!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, if OSU becomes #2 seed, then Stanford or NC State has to move out of a #2 seed (I would think)?
Oh, I see what you mean now. Your two questions were related :)

These questions are always tricky because one team's results never happen in a vacuum.

It's fairly safe to say that NC State is currently #8 overall and Stanford is #7. If OSU sweeps the Bay Area teams on the road, that would obviously be huge for them. I'd say that their resume would then surpass NC State's *for the moment*. (NC State plays at FSU in their only game this week, so less of a chance to enhance its resume.)

If Stanford loses to OSU but beats Oregon, that will still be a net gain on their resume and, IMO, they would remain ahead of OSU in the overall seeding *for the moment*.

Plebe

Reaction Score
No issue at all with UCONN as a 2 seed. If the team does not get out of their funk, they may not make it to Albany anyway. Beating Cinci by 10?? PLENTY of time so not really worried, but this team is all kinds of out of sorts. Not sure what the solution is, but Geno will surely earn his salary this season!!!!
Seriously, other than the first half of the UCF game, have they even looked like a top 10 team since the Notre Dame game?

Reaction Score
Oh, I see what you mean now. Your two questions were related :)

These questions are always tricky because one team's results never happen in a vacuum.

It's safe to say that NC State is currently #8 overall and Stanford is #7. If OSU sweeps the Bay Area teams on the road, that would obviously be huge for them. I'd say that their resume would then surpass NC State's *for the moment*. (NC State plays at FSU in their only game this week, so less of a chance to enhance its resume.)

If Stanford loses to OSU but beats Oregon, that will still be a net gain on their resume and, IMO, they would remain ahead of OSU in the overall seeding *for the moment*.
Thanks, I guess I will have to wait to Feb. 11, and see what the 1st round of seeding looks like. My dream is for OSU to somehow get seeded in the Portland regional. I guess that could happen if OSU gets the 1st #2 seed of the PAC-12 teams, and PAC-12 has no #1 seeds. Clearly, much would have to go "right" for OSU.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Thanks, I guess I will have to wait to Feb. 11, and see what the 1st round of seeding looks like. My dream is for OSU to somehow get seeded in the Portland regional. I guess that could happen if OSU gets the 1st #2 seed of the PAC-12 teams, and PAC-12 has no #1 seeds. Clearly, much would have to go "right" for OSU.
The Portland berth will almost certainly go to the highest-seeded Pac-12 team. If that team is Oregon (as is currently the case), then Oregon State would almost certainly have to go elsewhere (unless they fall out of the top 16 *or* four Pac-12 teams end up seeded ahead of them).

Lots of games left that will be key in determining seeding. This weekend's trip to the Bay Area and the following weekend's Civil War home-and-away will be major factors. If Beaver State goes 4-0 in its next 4 games, you might want to start looking at Portland lodging options :)

Reaction Score
The Portland berth will almost certainly go to the highest-seeded Pac-12 team. If that team is Oregon (as is currently the case), then Oregon State would almost certainly have to go elsewhere (unless they fall out of the top 16 *or* four Pac-12 teams ended up seeded ahead of them).

Lots of games left that will be key in determining seeding. This weekend's trip to the Bay Area and the following weekend's Civil War home-and-away will be major factors. If Beaver State goes 4-0 in its next 4 games, you might want to start looking at Portland lodging options :)
Thanks! Fortunately, I live 20 minutes from the "MODA CENTER" where the Portland Regional is being held. I've got tickets for the Portland Regional in hand. Appreciate the reply.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Fortunately, I live 20 minutes from the "MODA CENTER"

Oh, you spend quite a bit of time on the freeway going to all those OSU home games then. Portland area traffic stinks. You are a dedicated fan!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Portland berth will almost certainly go to the highest-seeded Pac-12 team. If that team is Oregon (as is currently the case), then Oregon State would almost certainly have to go elsewhere (unless they fall out of the top 16 *or* four Pac-12 teams end up seeded ahead of them).

Did you say Civil War? :rolleyes: A Rivalry game?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Get that throwing arm warmed up!

No lie... I was actually in the den a few minutes ago doing exercises for my rotator cuffs
laughing.gif
laughing.gif
laughing.gif

Reaction Score
Oh, you spend quite a bit of time on the freeway going to all those OSU home games then. Portland area traffic stinks. You are a dedicated fan!
I cannot think of a better "ticket" than OSU BEAVER WBB. Of course, the professional soccer fans in Portland would put up a strong argument.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The only thing that I really, really like about the latest brackets (and I am guessing that it hasn't changed) is that Baylor and Mississippi State would play each other before the NC game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom