Bracketology 2/4/19 - Creme's take on UConn vs. ND for #1 seed | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 2/4/19 - Creme's take on UConn vs. ND for #1 seed

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The only thing that I really, really like about the latest brackets (and I am guessing that it hasn't changed) is that Baylor and Mississippi State would play each other before the NC game.
No! We have this problem every year. Charlie is merely filling brackets, but states at the top of the page:

Note: Regions not reflective of Final Four pairings

So Miss St and Baylor could meet in the FF.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No! We have this problem every year. Charlie is merely filling brackets, but states at the top of the page:

Note: Regions not reflective of Final Four pairings

So Miss St and Baylor could meet in the FF.
Oops. I was trying to say that they could only meet in the FF and not the NC game. But what I didn't post but was thinking was the notion that UConn could possibly face both of them.

Then what is the purpose of his brackets and why do the ESPN WBB announcers keep referring to him?
Ah, nevermind, they all are collecting an ESPN paycheck.

Reaction Score
The only thing that I really, really like about the latest brackets (and I am guessing that it hasn't changed) is that Baylor and Mississippi State would play each other before the NC game.
Not the ideal match for MSST but I would love to see Big Tee and Kalina Brown match up. Think the WNBA scouts would like to see that matchup!

Reaction Score
Not the ideal match for MSST but I would love to see Big Tee and Kalina Brown match up. Think the WNBA scouts would like to see that matchup!
I remember Baylor and Mississippi State played each other in the elite 8 during the 2016-17 ncaa tourney and Kalani Brown actually outplayed Teaira McCowan (McCowan got in foul trouble early and never really established herself). I would love to see a rematch of that game at the end of this season.

Reaction Score
Curious what others think, but say Oregon State remains a 3 seed and UConn the 2 seed in the Albany region. If they should meet, would Rueck try to use 6’8 Grymek or 6’7 Morris to give UConn problems? Neither of these players are the caliber of Teaira McCowan or Kalani Brown, but could the sheer size of the two Oregon State players (either together at the same time or either one in at any point during the game) impact UConn at all? Grymek has had a few good games, but she’s far from dominant. I would be curious to see that matchup.

Reaction Score
I remember Baylor and Mississippi State played each other in the elite 8 during the 2016-17 ncaa tourney and Kalani Brown actually outplayed Teaira McCowan (McCowan got in foul trouble early and never really established herself). I would love to see a rematch of that game at the end of this season.

Would be interesting to see for sure.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
Yes but, Mississippi State won the game.

Reaction Score
Curious what others think, but say Oregon State remains a 3 seed and UConn the 2 seed in the Albany region. If they should meet, would Rueck try to use 6’8 Grymek or 6’7 Morris to give UConn problems? Neither of these players are the caliber of Teaira McCowan or Kalani Brown, but could the sheer size of the two Oregon State players (either together at the same time or either one in at any point during the game) impact UConn at all? Grymek has had a few good games, but she’s far from dominant. I would be curious to see that matchup.
I think Rueck's rotation would remain the same as it has all season. Rueck rotates his defenders during the course of the game among the opposition's offensive players frequently. Rueck might start with Katie McWilliams (6'2") wing defending KLS, Taya Corosdale (6'3") defending Pheesa, & Maddie Washington (6'1") defending Megan Walker. Then Rueck might switch Corosdale & McWilliams on KLS & Pheesa. Then Rueck might put Pivec on MW if Maddie Washington gets subbed out. Grymek will get 12-15 minutes but Rueck will look for a match up that will help OSU offensively, but not hurt us defensively. Often when Grymek is in, Rueck will go to a zone. I think OSU BEAVERS match up very well with UCONN players from a skill level, and, defensively. It would be a great game to watch if it happens. I would love to see Crystal matched up with Destiny Slocum. I truly believe OSU's 3-point attack is far better than UCONN's this year, and, we now have multiple kids that take the ball into the paint if the 3-point line is being defended as a priority. Again, fun game if it happens.

Reaction Score
Yes but, Mississippi State won the game.

I wonder could Miss State beat Baylor if it lost the center battle by a decent margin. Seems like it would be difficult, but Howard could also turn the game.

I would say that Miss St offensive rebounds would be the key stat in that game as I think they are in most of their competitive games.

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score

Teaira is quite a bit better than she was then, and she would definitely be engaged for that one. It would be another war.

I just don't want it to be in a regional final again. That game followed by UConn was a lot to ask and then our nemesis was waiting for us.

Reaction Score
Teaira is quite a bit better than she was then, and she would definitely be engaged for that one. It would be another war.

I just don't want it to be in a regional final again. That game followed by UConn was a lot to ask and then our nemesis was waiting for us.
That’s what it takes to win a championship

IWearShoes

Mississippi State
Reaction Score
That’s what it takes to win a championship

Beating a #1 seed in 3 consecutive games (one of them on a ridiculous winning streak) is what it takes? Not too often.

Reaction Score
That tourney laid out quite nicely for y'all. It was deserved (but I hate it).
Turner tearing her ACL was a godsend for South Carolina and Stanford. ND started to click with all starters and Boley and Young in the ACCT. I thought they were starting to click then that happened. I think they would have won it all if not for that.

Turner vs Wilson would have been fun. Plus Turner vs McCowan.

Reaction Score
Turner tearing her ACL was a godsend for South Carolina and Stanford. ND started to click with all starters and Boley and Young in the ACCT. I thought they were starting to click then that happened. I think they would have won it all if not for that.

Turner vs Wilson would have been fun. Plus Turner vs McCowan.

I wouldn’t call it a godsend but maybe it made a diffrence. We were pretty good as far as the non-UCONN division went.

CompSci87

Stanford fan
Reaction Score
Oops. I was trying to say that they could only meet in the FF and not the NC game. But what I didn't post but was thinking was the notion that UConn could possibly face both of them.

Then what is the purpose of his brackets and why do the ESPN WBB announcers keep referring to him?
Charlie's brackets are for fun and to provoke discussion. They are his best guess based on game results so far and his understanding of the principles the committee uses. He is not a member of the committee and there is nothing official about his brackets.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

I’m guessing that he enters his teams each week on some sort of template that already has each of the region sites in a fixed position (Albany in upper left, Chicago in upper right, etc.). So even though it appears that certain pairs of regions would meet in the semifinals, that will ultimately depend on how the #1 seeds fall in the final overall ranking 1-4.

To me the more interesting part of the bracketology, in any event, is the projected seedings rather the regional placement per se.

Reaction Score
I think a Louisville rematch in the elite 8 is the best case scenario for UConn. The seeding is irrelevant.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom