Bracketology 2/24 Three American Conference Teams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 2/24 Three American Conference Teams

Reaction Score
I still do not believe in Miss. St. as a 1 seed. Alot will happen in next 2 weeks. The huskies should have the easiest road , however I have always expected the committee to make their path more difficult. The rollercoaster season will make it possible to force huskies to beat many teams for a second time. This is also a double edged sword, as none of these teams are as strong as they were a year ago.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I still do not believe in Miss. St. as a 1 seed. Alot will happen in next 2 weeks. The huskies should have the easiest road , however I have always expected the committee to make their path more difficult. The rollercoaster season will make it possible to force huskies to beat many teams for a second time. This is also a double edged sword, as none of these teams are as strong as they were a year ago.

Is it possible that the committee will send a tougher team to Bridgeport as a result of UCONN basically having home court advantage.

Reaction Score
Is it possible that the committee will send a tougher team to Bridgeport as a result of UCONN basically having home court advantage.
Whatever reasoning you want to use. This not the first time a region has been in ct. My reasoning is more that they have won 4 in a row . As far as I'm concerned FF is always going to have the 4 best teams " at the time ". I always look at the 2/3 teams in each bracket, then which lower seed might provide an upset special due close proximity for fans. My reasoning on Miss. St., is they are just too offensively challanged .

Reaction Score
When is the last time we saw a men's team play for the NC in their home state ?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I see the Bridgeport bracket remains the group of death.

Jordy, THAT is exactly why no other teams want to be in UConn's region. Being assigned to the Bridgeport region is......."the kiss of death".

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I agree. The Elite 8 matchups figure to be barn-burners, as should several of the Sweet 16 games (especially the 2 vs 3 games).

All of the E8 matches are tough. ALL of the weak teams have been eliminated by then. Only the BIG boys are left standing at that point (unless a dark horse snuck in).

Reaction Score
Note with Miss St's loss last night, that allows ND to go to Kentucky and sends Miss St out west. Though I'm not sure I'd keep MSU ahead of SC. With a win over Kentucky on Sunday, the Gamecocks will now be the #1 seed in the SEC tourney, and have an easier path to the tourney title.

Although, I agree with your logic if SC wins in the SECT and get a #1 seed we'll probably get sent to Stockton. Unless ND loses to Fl St Sunday and in the ACCT. So I'm definitely going to be a Seminole and Lady Vol fan this coming Sunday.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
When is the last time we saw a men's team play for the NC in their home state ?
Had to do some serious research to answer that question. The last time a men's team won a national championship in their home State was 1975 when UCLA won the championship in San Diego.

The last time a team played for the championship in their home state and city was Butler in 2010 when they lost to Duke in Indy.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Had to do some serious research to answer that question. The last time a men's team won a national championship in their home State was 1975 when UCLA won the championship in San Diego.

The last time a team played for the championship in their home state and city was Butler in 2010 when they lost to Duke in Indy.

To clarify, I am wondering if the question is when was the last time a men's team played in the FF in their home state. Maybe I misinterpreted the question.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

I see your edit. Thanks.

Reaction Score
Certainly another way to look at it. But huskies have played regionals in ct. before. Regional final is always the best and most difficult game. I always look at the 2/3 seeds in each bracket, then looknfor a lower seed close to home w/ fan support to provide an upset. I really like Texas. They were playing Baylor well befor Lang had her eye scratched. Both of them will have a huge incentive.

Reaction Score

Ah, I forgot about that one. I happened to be stationed overseas, and don't really remember much of that one.

Reaction Score
These "committee conspiracy theories" are laughable and an embarrassment to our board. (Wo)man up. Beat the best to be the best. We win ALL THE TIME. 102 in a row, 11 titles and the game is rigged against us? Yikes.

Reaction Score
Last year around this me, Charlie had the Bridgeport region as UConn, Ohio State, Arizona, and Syracuse! So I take his predictions with a bit of salt!:p

Reaction Score
Last year around this me, Charlie had the Bridgeport region as UConn, Ohio State, Arizona, and Syracuse! So I take his predictions with a bit of salt!:p
That's for sure !

Reaction Score
I see the Bridgeport bracket remains the group of death.
Except for Duke, when we had Barbara Turner, who went crazy, and Charde who missed a tough last shot in Bpt. in ot. But the refs stole that one bad.

Reaction Score
New thoughts from me after tonight
Ct / fla st / wash / Ohio st
Nd / md / Stan / okla
Bay / miss st / duke / ucla
Sc / ore st / Tex / Louis

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Except for Duke, when we had Barbara Turner, who went crazy, and Charde who missed a tough last shot in Bpt. in ot. But the refs stole that one bad.

Don't you hate when that happens :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As I mentioned in an earlier post, Charlie's predictions are just that... his best guess. Texas loss last night to Iowa State if the latest example of the movement that's sure to come. Look at Charlie's brackets for entertainment value, but don't get too excited about who is in UCONN's bracket until the Committee's reveal. Sooooo much basketball to be played to influence the final brackets!!!

Reaction Score
Why does it not make sense? The committee on Monday had Maryland #7 overall, Oregon State #8, and Florida State #9. But that was before Maryland lost to Ohio State. So he's projecting that the committee would drop Maryland from #7 to #9 and move OSU and FSU up accordingly.

Hi UCONN fans, back on your blog after a fun time with you all last year. My view of the PAC12 is that it is a better conference than last year. OSU may win the PAC12 regular season, but Stanford, UW, and UCLA can make a deep run in the NCAA tournament. I watched the Ohio State vs Maryland game the other night, and was dumbfounded as to how good those two teams are this year. After that game I was thinking no PAC12 team could hang with either of those two teams. Then I watched OSU vs Stanford last night and it reminded me that great defense and rebounding will carry you far in the tournament. In any case, this is my favorite blog, because you are all so gracious and fun to blog with about Womens NCAA hoops. Should be a great NCAA tourney this year.

Reaction Score
New thoughts from me after tonight
Ct / fla st / wash / Ohio st
Nd / md / Stan / okla
Bay / miss st / duke / ucla
Sc / ore st / Tex / Louis
I just don't see committee putting Baylor and Miss. St. In same bracket though.

Reaction Score
Hi UCONN fans, back on your blog after a fun time with you all last year. My view of the PAC12 is that it is a better conference than last year. OSU may win the PAC12 regular season, but Stanford, UW, and UCLA can make a deep run in the NCAA tournament. I watched the Ohio State vs Maryland game the other night, and was dumbfounded as to how good those two teams are this year. After that game I was thinking no PAC12 team could hang with either of those two teams. Then I watched OSU vs Stanford last night and it reminded me that great defense and rebounding will carry you far in the tournament. In any case, this is my favorite blog, because you are all so gracious and fun to blog with about Womens NCAA hoops. Should be a great NCAA tourney this year.
This years tourney will be the most balanced and exciting by far , in the history of wcbb. Trying to keep track of both tournaments at the same time is going to be really fun, and really difficult.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Charlie Creme just tweeted that Iowas is now in the tournament because they defeated Texas. Unfortunately it means a non P5 Team will not make the tournament.

Reaction Score
Charlie Creme just tweeted that Iowas is now in the tournament because they defeated Texas. Unfortunately it means a non P5 Team will not make the tournament.

Don't see how you can draw that conclusion. More likely they are bumping a different P5 team .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom