Bracketology 2/24 Three American Conference Teams | The Boneyard

Bracketology 2/24 Three American Conference Teams

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Bracketology with Charlie Creme

All Four Brackets are tough and I can envision only One or Two of the #1 Seeds making the F4. Could be none of them.

Lady Vols in UConn bracket, Will they get to Bridgeport?

Charlie's Summary shows 4 American Teams made tournament, I found UConn (1), Temple (7) and South Florida (8)

Reaction Score

All Four Brackets are tough and I can envision only One or Two of the #1 Seeds making the F4. Could be none of them.

Charlie's Summary shows 4 American Teams made tournament, I found UConn (1), Temple (7) and South Florida (8)
The previous iteration of the brackets had Tulane in the ix so maybe that's the reference to 4 Am Conf's?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Actually, he has South Florida as a 9-seed.

Tulane's loss to UCF not only pushed them out of the projected field; it also dropped them from the RPI top 50. This means that USF now has only one top-50 win on the season (over Temple). Not good news at all.

I said at the start of conference play that USF, due to its weak OOC schedule, would need to (a) win 3 of its 4 games over Temple/Tulane, and (b) both Temple and Tulane would need to remain in the RPI top 50. The second half of that delicate formula has now broken down, and this puts USF's tournament hopes in some jeopardy.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Would rather see Oregon State and Duke as our 2/3 seeds rather than FSU and Maryland. Sorry Charlie, but your bracket makes zero sense on that particular account.

Why does it not make sense? The committee on Monday had Maryland #7 overall, Oregon State #8, and Florida State #9. But that was before Maryland lost to Ohio State. So he's projecting that the committee would drop Maryland from #7 to #9 and move OSU and FSU up accordingly.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Regardless of who is in our bracket, or Creme predicts, the team will deal with it one game at a time.

The first 2 are at Stores, the next 2 in Bridgeport - home territory.

We have beat every ranked team we have played. No reason to think that will not continue.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
UConn can't avoid every other good team being in their region. Assuming the Huskies roll through the rest of the AAC regular & postseason schedule, they can avoid 6 teams seeded 2-7.

Which 6 teams would you prefer that UConn not play until potentially the FF. My 6 would be as follows:

Baylor
ND
SC
TX
Stanford
MD

The 8 & 9 teams would end up in the Bridgeport region. Assuming by some miracle my 2-7 teams shake out as I have suggested above, the following teams are good candidates for 8&9: MS St, OR St, OH St, Duke, FL St

As much as we Husky fans don't want to see a particular team in the Bridgeport Region, there will be 63 other teams that will be praying to be placed anywhere but the Bridgeport Region.

Reaction Score
UConn can't avoid every other good team being in their region. Assuming the Huskies roll through the rest of the AAC regular & postseason schedule, they can avoid 6 teams seeded 2-7.

Which 6 teams would you prefer that UConn not play until potentially the FF. My 6 would be as follows:

Baylor
ND
SC
TX
Stanford
MD

The 8 & 9 teams would end up in the Bridgeport region. Assuming by some miracle my 2-7 teams shake out as I have suggested above, the following teams are good candidates for 8&9: MS St, OR St, OH St, Duke, FL St

As much as we Husky fans don't want to see a particular team in the Bridgeport Region, there will be 63 other teams that will be praying to be placed anywhere but the Bridgeport Region.

Baylor has the Cupcake region
ND and SC should be destined for elite 8
UCONN with some tough teams
Miss St and Tx in elite 8

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Does Baylor have the easiest bracket?

Baylor may have the easiest bracket for the moment, but if Alexis Jones cannot come back for the Big 12 title game against UT, assuming that they both make it, I think Texas may have the advantage and that UT will become the 1 seed and Baylor will become a 2 seed, going to either Lexington or Stockton.

A lot can change between now and selection day as none of the 1 seeds are guaranteed to win their conference tourney, other that UCONN.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Baylor has the Cupcake region
ND and SC should be destined for elite 8
UCONN with some tough teams
Miss St and Tx in elite 8

UCONN doesn't have a team that can challenge them until the Elite 8. And Maryland and FSU will probably beat each other up and be too tired to put up a fight against UCONN.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Baylor may have the easiest bracket for the moment, but if Alexis Jones cannot come back for the Big 12 title game against UT, assuming that they both make it, I think Texas may have the advantage and that UT will become the 1 seed and Baylor will become a 2 seed, going to either Lexington or Stockton.

A lot can change between now and selection day as none of the 1 seeds are guaranteed to win their conference tourney, other that UCONN.
UConn certainly is not guaranteed to win their conference tourney....:cool:

Reaction Score
UCONN doesn't have a team that can challenge them until the Elite 8. And Maryland and FSU will probably beat each other up and be too tired to put up a fight against UCONN.

Their bracket still isn't the weakest. NC State or UCLA are good competition for the huskies in the sweet sixteen round.

Reaction Score
Here's the thing, because of the bracketing rules, every region's top 4 is going to have 1 PAC and 1 ACC team.

If you figure that Maryland ends up in Bridgeport - not only are there geographic reasons, they are currently tracking to a low 2/high 3 - then the region is set.

Given that, you're looking at UCLA or Louisville as a 4 in Bridgeport and then another PAC/ACC as a 2 or 3 (depending on MD).

Reaction Score
Note with Miss St's loss last night, that allows ND to go to Kentucky and sends Miss St out west. Though I'm not sure I'd keep MSU ahead of SC. With a win over Kentucky on Sunday, the Gamecocks will now be the #1 seed in the SEC tourney, and have an easier path to the tourney title.

Reaction Score

Baylor
ND
SC
TX
Stanford
MD

Reaction Score
These brackets are Charlie's best guess...but will likely be different than the Committee coMrs up with in the end. And as old dude ssys, uconn cannot avoid every good team. The great news is no one does this tournament better!!! And Geno is a master at prepare in his team's to Excell in March!! Go Huskeys!##

Reaction Score

Baylor
ND
SC
TX
Stanford
MD

Good choices<

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I have to say that this will be one of the most wide-open tournaments in many years. We are going to be treated to some incredible match-ups of teams that are evenly matched. And, all things being even, Geno is usually the coach that has that extra "it" factor that allows him to bring home the title. Some team is going to have to bring their A+ game to knock off the champion.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I have to say that this will be one of the most wide-open tournaments in many years. We are going to be treated to some incredible match-ups of teams that are evenly matched. And, all things being even, Geno is usually the coach that hast that extra "it" factor that allows him to bring home the title. Some team is going to have to bring their A+ game to knock off the champion.

I agree. The Elite 8 matchups figure to be barn-burners, as should several of the Sweet 16 games (especially the 2 vs 3 games).

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I agree. The Elite 8 matchups figure to be barn-burners, as should several of the Sweet 16 games (especially the 2 vs 3 games).

I will be glued to my TV like I am every year during March Madness. I usually watch so many games that I am actually ready for the season to end. By the end of the NC game I am burned out.

I am hoping that Baylor is in the OKC region so that I can take a road trip and catch their games in person.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom