Bracketology #1 | The Boneyard

Bracketology #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
And so it begins.... keep a copy because it will bear no resemblance to the actual bracket.

LINK

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Its gonna be interesting to see who the #1 and 2 seeds will be in Raleigh. Obviously its imperative for Duke to finish ahead of Miami and win the ACC. Dont want a repeat of 2009, when Maryland got the #1 seed in Raleigh... and Duke got the #1 Seed in the West. There isnt any way possible for UCONN to not be #1 in the Kingston... and Stanford #1 in the West. Lots of head to head matchups should determine the final two slots. Baylor vs Tenn. Tenn vs Miami. Baylor vs ND, Duke vs ND....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
yeah, but i'd take that bracket. UCONN would have to go thru Maryland, Notre Dame, and then Stanford to make the NC game (barring upsets). i do think our bracket is the hardest - UCONN as a 2 seed compared to A&M, Miami and Duke as the other 2 seeds. but i expect UCONN to be a 1 seed come March. we will see tho!

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I dont particularly think its a bad idea. It can serve as comparison to the end of the season. Creme is just putting the teams in based on a first week and pre season rankings. It will be interesting to keep up with it as the season progresses to see how it finalizes.
I expect a few of those teams to do worse and some to do better than how they are placed now. There is always a dark horse that comes on at the end of the season.

We shall all stay tuned.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You UCONN fans are lucky.... you can already book seats for the Regionals if you'd like. Looks like I might have to wait until they announce the pairings to see if I need to buy tickets for Raleigh. I got my seats before the pairings in 2007 and 2008... I knew Duke would be the #1 in Greensboro.... I held out hope that Duke would get the #3 in 2008.. but that didnt happen. Lucky for me they put UCONN and RU here in Greensboro, ... so that worked out well.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Of course brackets in November -- we have polls and arguments about'em. Why not brackets with arguments?

Reaction Score
Would the NCAA committee put a #2 Uconn in the same region as #1 Notre Dame? I would think they would go in TN's bracket as a #2.

Reaction Score
Creme,
Are you serious??? You obviously have nothing else to do. Guess you have to keep ESPN thinking you actually do something.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
My first reaction was the same as others, bracket in November? but there are some interesting discussion points.

Barring major collapses, both ND and CT should be high seeds and are both likely to be in Kingston. That means a distinct likelihood of a third and very possibly a fourth match up, with three of the potential match ups in the span of about four weeks. add in the real possibility that both teams could be in the running for a number one seed, in which case one will play out of region. Ironically, it might be better (at least for the important constituent, me, the fan) to be a 2 seed, because unless ND stumbles, they are more likely to earn the 1 seed in Kingston. And if UConn does manage a one seed, it is still likely that ND has the higher 1 seed, but that doesn't even send us to driveable Raleigh, which will be Tennessee unless they stumble badly. And Baylor probably has Des Moines wrapped up, so with a one seed, we might be headed to Fresno. I love my trip to Fresno (except for the result), but that isn't going to be an easy trip for fans.

Similar issues apply to Baylor and TAMU. They play their regular season match ups on 11 Feb and 27 Feb, the second of which is the same day as out ND matchup. They are very likely to be looking at three match ups in a short period, and won't be thrilled about meeting in the NCAA prior to the FF, yet it could happen again.

Reaction Score
Creme,
Are you serious??? You obviously have nothing else to do. Guess you have to keep ESPN thinking you actually do something.

Yeah because covering women's basketball is nothing.

I think bracketology at the point is fun and interesting. And I'm grateful that someone in the media is actually paying attention to WCBB this early in the season. That sure wasnt true 15 years ago.

Reaction Score
My first reaction was the same as others, bracket in November? but there are some interesting discussion points.

Barring major collapses, both ND and CT should be high seeds and are both likely to be in Kingston. That means a distinct likelihood of a third and very possibly a fourth match up, with three of the potential match ups in the span of about four weeks. add in the real possibility that both teams could be in the running for a number one seed, in which case one will play out of region. Ironically, it might be better (at least for the important constituent, me, the fan) to be a 2 seed, because unless ND stumbles, they are more likely to earn the 1 seed in Kingston. And if UConn does manage a one seed, it is still likely that ND has the higher 1 seed, but that doesn't even send us to driveable Raleigh, which will be Tennessee unless they stumble badly. And Baylor probably has Des Moines wrapped up, so with a one seed, we might be headed to Fresno. I love my trip to Fresno (except for the result), but that isn't going to be an easy trip for fans.

Similar issues apply to Baylor and TAMU. They play their regular season match ups on 11 Feb and 27 Feb, the second of which is the same day as out ND matchup. They are very likely to be looking at three match ups in a short period, and won't be thrilled about meeting in the NCAA prior to the FF, yet it could happen again.

Reaction Score
Every year the discussion of $$ for the NCAA surfaces. Would the NCAA not send Uconn to Kingston(about an hour's drive from Storrs), and surrender the money for a full house at the Ryan Center on both days?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think things have changed a bit in the past month

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think things have changed a bit in the past month
Just a bit. i'd say the 1 seeds are Baylor, UCONN, ND and Stanford. the 2 seeds are Maryland, Tennessee, Kentucky, and then i'm not sure who after that. maybe Duke or Miami as the 4th 2-seed. certainly not aTm or Rutgers...

Reaction Score
Its gonna be interesting to see who the #1 and 2 seeds will be in Raleigh. Obviously its imperative for Duke to finish ahead of Miami and win the ACC. Dont want a repeat of 2009, when Maryland got the #1 seed in Raleigh... and Duke got the #1 Seed in the West. There isnt any way possible for UCONN to not be #1 in the Kingston... and Stanford #1 in the West. Lots of head to head matchups should determine the final two slots. Baylor vs Tenn. Tenn vs Miami. Baylor vs ND, Duke vs ND....
I think the 2 OR 3 matchups between Uconn and ND will be crucial.

Reaction Score
I agree about our match ups with ND. We have a lot of basketball ahead of us. The Big East will be tough this year. We play a lot of the tough teams on the road. Winning the Big E will be a big challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom