Bracketology 1/28 | The Boneyard

Bracketology 1/28

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice article. On target as far as I can see.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I hope ND ends up in Chicago. I got tickets expecting ND to be in the Chicago region. If this gets messed up I’m gonna be pissed.

Same here. Honestly, that's the most depressing part of this loss to me.

Reaction Score
At least y'all can have a chance to know what region they could end up in. Who know's where Baylor will end up.

Reaction Score
I would be stunned if Notre Dame didn't end up in Chicago. The NCAA will shift things around to make it happen, even if they have to move them down a seed line. Same thing with UConn in Albany.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I may not even go if they end up elsewhere. Might just try and get rid of my tickets

I'll go because I'm like 20 minutes away on public transit from the arena. But it would be a bummer.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I'd be shocked if ND is not in Chicago, although it's a city that will probably draw decent crowds just because it's one of the best cities in America. Then there's Albany which depends on UConn to put fannies in the seats.

I wish I had tickets to Chicago (it was home for 15 years) but I'll be in Albany again.

Next year ND can look forward to the regional in Fort Wayne.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Why would they have NC A&T in Storrs to face UConn when they could be in Greensboro to face ND and have Robert Morris in Greensboro to face ND instead of UConn?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Why would they have NC A&T in Storrs to face UConn when they could be in Greensboro to face ND and have Robert Morris in Greensboro to face ND instead of UConn?

"They" might not. This is Charlie who does a really good job of picking the 64 teams but not such a good job of placing teams.

Reaction Score

Because NC A&T aint making it to Greensboro. The opening round sites are more relevant to where the teams are sent, and R Morris is much closer to So Bend.

Additionally ... I dont know if this matters for the D1 WCBB tourney but for D3 (M&W) the committee has a "500-mile rule." This means that it will pay airfare for teams that have to travel >500 miles, so there's a strong incentive to keep teams within 500 miles of home.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Absolutely agree.

Creme = cray-cray

I do think the NCAA selection committee should care about crowds and optics. The defending champs in Chicago makes so much sense that not even the committee will screw it up.

Reaction Score
I do think the NCAA selection committee should care about crowds and optics. The defending champs in Chicago makes so much sense that not even the committee will screw it up.

Plus it's 2 hours from campus! And it would put NC St in Greensboro. Admittedly not great for Baylor, but thats the system.

Reaction Score
I'll go because I'm like 20 minutes away on public transit from the arena. But it would be a bummer.
I’m not all that far away either. I’m just hoping they get put in Chicago. So I don’t have to make a decision like that

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
If you end up flying to Portland in the spring time, and the sun is shining

That's a big if. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's like Seattle weather in the spring--highly variable. I've heard the phrase used many times "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom