Bracket Reveal top 16 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bracket Reveal top 16

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
lol in point spreads, home court advantage is generally given as 3 points relative to neutral
Given the way we perform in close games, I'll take the 3 if we can get it. As for seeding, a 3 is definitely better than a 4, but I'd play in any region as a 4 rather than be a 5.

Reaction Score
What is the chance UCONN gets placed in Orlando for First & Second round of tournament. Really enjoyed watching them in Gampel South in Gainesville.

Reaction Score
It’s a nightmare even for St. John’s to play us there and that’s supposed to be their home court. If we end up there in the NCAA tournament (have to get out of Albany first) we will have such a huge advantage. I don’t feel bad about it, the NCAA still owes us for having to play Texas in Texas, UNC in Greenborough, Michigan St. in Detroit. I was at that 2009 final 4 game and it was unreal how many MSU fans were there. There were like 75,000 fans at that game and by my estimate about 60,000 of them were MSU fans.
You left out UCLA in California.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Ohio St in Cincinnati in 1992.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
After we beat De Paul and Nova then win the Big East Tournament we are a two seed and depending on who loses we may be in the conversation for a one seed. I admit I bleed National Flag Blue.

Look at the resumes of the current top 8 teams; we're not getting a 1 seed. 2 seed is possible but it's going to take one of those current 2s dropping off a bit, and one of the current 3s to not go on a run in their conference tournament.

Reaction Score
Look at the resumes of the current top 8 teams; we're not getting a 1 seed. 2 seed is possible but it's going to take one of those current 2s dropping off a bit, and one of the current 3s to not go on a run in their conference tournament.
We can absolutely get a 1 seed if we win out with 3-4 more Q1 wins… Our Net ranking will be top 4 (8 currently) and that’s the metric the committee relies on predominantly for seeding.

Reaction Score
After we beat De Paul and Nova then win the Big East Tournament we are a two seed and depending on who loses we may be in the conversation for a one seed. I admit I bleed National Flag Blue.
I'm with you!

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We can absolutely get a 1 seed if we win out with 3-4 more Q1 wins… Our Net ranking will be top 4 (8 currently) and that’s the metric the committee relies on predominantly for seeding.

Our NET ranking was top 10 during the bracket reveal a few weeks ago when we weren't included in the top 16 teams by that same committee. NET ranking is a factor but not the end all be all.

Reaction Score
I'm going to post this because I think in general there are misconceptions about how the NCAA Tournament Selection Committee seeds teams. While the NET is one tool they use, the selections and seedings are more art than science. In other words you can't rely on any 1 metric to predict seedings.

What the committee told us, more than anything, is that while there are mathematical elements to the NCAA Tournament seeding process, it’s still more art than science.

Aware the RPI metric also was flawed, the NCAA also decided to develop a new metric. Although the NCAA insisted it wanted a team’s margin of victory to matter only marginally, the NET has turned out to track very closely with the results-based metrics, notably KenPom. Many fans have become convinced that a high NET ranking will automatically lead to a tournament berth or an advantageous seeding for the team they follow.

But Rutgers made the field last year with a NET ranking of 77. In 2019, N.C. State was excluded with a NET of 33.

Reaction Score
Given the way we perform in close games, I'll take the 3 if we can get it. As for seeding, a 3 is definitely better than a 4, but I'd play in any region as a 4 rather than be a 5.
i wanted to argue that i'd rather be a 5 in the east than a 4 anywhere else but then i looked at the 12 seeds: iona, vcu, oral roberts, bradley...i definitely wouldnt want to play iona or oral roberts and we've been down that road with vcu...would much rather play the like of yale, utah valley, hofstra.

caw

Reaction Score
Through DePaul game night. Includes through Texas/TCU.

1. Alabama: Georgia, USC, ARK, Auburn
2. Houston: Memphis, Tulane, ECU
3. Purdue: OSU, IU
4. Kansas: Baylor, TCU, WVU, TTU
5. Texas: Oklahoma, ISU, Baylor, TCU
6. Arizona: Colorado, ASU
7. Baylor: Kansas, KSU, Texas, OKST
8. UCLA: Cal, Utah, Colorado
9. Tennessee: Kentucky, Texas A&M, SC, ARK
10. Virginia: ND, BC, UNC, Clemson
11. Iowa State: KSU, Texas, OU, WVU
12. Kansas State: ISU, Baylor, OKST, OU
13. Indiana: Illinois, MSU, Purdue, Iowa
14. Marquette: Creighton, DePaul, Butler
15. Gonzaga: Pepperdine, USD, SMC, CHST
16. Xavier: DePaul, Nova, SHU, PC

Miami: Wake, Va Tech, FSU
Creighton: SJU, Marquette, Nova, Gtown
SMC: BYU, PAC, Gonzaga
UConn: SHU, PC, SJU, Depaul

Reaction Score
Lunardi's latest bracket would be a dream bracket for UConn...
FqTXGtXWAAE4_A5.jpeg

Reaction Score
View attachment 84616
If UConn could beat both Marquette and Xavier that’d be a huge monkey off our backs. Would also definitely move us above X, who we should be above anyway based on resume, and onto the 3 line no doubt. Sure Marquette is good but they’re receiving a lot of recency bias and extra attention over the last couple of weeks. If we’d kept that 20 point lead on the road at their place it would have gone a long way to dispelling the rumor that they’re an immovable object, but hey we really sucked for that stretch of games so what can you do other than win out

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I've had a strong suspicion for a while that we will be in the same bracket as Purdue. This will match Eady against Clingan (even if it's only for six-eight minutes of game time*) and the NCAA loves doing things like this in the tournament.

* the six-eight minutes is assuming that Eady will get at least eight minutes rest and nearly all of that will be with Sanogo also off the court.

Reaction Score
Gotta root for Tenn to lose at Auburn tomorrow, Xavier to lose vs. Butler, Kansas State to lose at West Virginia, and obviously for us to take care of business at Nova.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
View attachment 84616
I don't like it that much. Purdue is fine, although I'm not sure they end up on the 1 line. I don't like UConn as a 4 rather than a 3, and I think Texas is an unfavorable 2. I'd rather have K-State. I think Gonzaga is the weakest of his 3 line teams.

Reaction Score
I don't like it that much. Purdue is fine, although I'm not sure they end up on the 1 line. I don't like UConn as a 4 rather than a 3, and I think Texas is an unfavorable 2. I'd rather have K-State. I think Gonzaga is the weakest of his 3 line teams.
since losing ziegler id rather play Tenn than Gonzaga. but i agree i'd take k-state over UT.

i think the weakest 1-3 seeds would be purdue, k-state, tenn, which is what his last bracketology had for the east

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Joey Brackets usually stinks as far as seed lines, but is pretty accurate in getting the actual teams participating. He's now got Nova 13 spots out of a play-in. Looking at their competition for that last spot, if they beat us Saturday and win 2 BET games, I'd say there's a better than even chance it's theirs.

caw

Reaction Score
what is this a list of?

Top sixteen teams by the NCAA selection committee about two weeks ago by seed/s-curve. The four below the committee acknowledged as next up.

The teams next to them represent the games those 20 teams have played since with bolded ones being losses.

For example:

11 Iowa State has lost four games since being announced as a three seed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom