Boy, Syracuse is so very ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
they'll be crying after the Sweet Sixteen, it's tradition

Reaction Score
Hey guys, Cuse fan here. I'll preface this post by saying I think you guys have a fantastic team and a very good chance of repeating this year. 4 titles in 13 years would be an incredible achievement.

Now, Husky999, in reference to your above post.... where to begin?

While we were fortunate to have the best player in college basketball that year, to say we were a one-man gang is ridiculous. Melo was absolutely garbage in our 2nd round game vs. Oklahoma State and did not score a field goal until late in the 2nd half. We came back from a 17 point deficit thanks to Josh Pace, Billy Edelin and Jeremy McNeil. To bash us for winning a title with Melo is silly, as Calhoun has had access to way more NBA talent than Boeheim.

You're right, you guys handled us twice in 2003. We beat you in 1999, 2004 and 2011. What's your point?

Done next to nothing since 1990? We were tied with arguably the greatest college basketball team ever in the 1996 title game with 4 minutes left. We were considered by many the best team in the country in 2010 until AO went down. And in 1987, we were a freakish off-balance Keith Smart jumper from having a ring before UConn was nationally relevant.

Without Melo we're on Pitt level? Syracuse is 5th all-time in wins. Pitt is 46th all-time in wins. One more time... Syracuse is 5th, Pitt is 46th.

Finally, re: the Helm's National Titles, obviously they don't hold as much weight as an NCAA tournament championship, but what's wrong with honoring accomplishments in the early years of our program?

Good luck the rest of the year.

A fair post for the most part eao. The only thing I can speak to in disagreement is the fact "Calhoun has had access to way more NBA talent than Jim Boeheim.." - not at all true. What is true is Jim Calhoun has made pretty talented basketball players into NBA level talent and sone a better job at this than most every college coach including JB and even Coach K. Syracuse prior to 89 was so everything UConn wanted to be. Since then the good news is UConn achieved that rate of success and has since surpassed it in so many ways. Nonetheless 2 great coaches and programs who really have carried the BE banner for a long time now!

Reaction Score
I would like to add some intelligent comments to this thread.

Who the cares? Who cares if they are cocky? If they think they have better program? If they believe they were minutes away from 3 titles?
Who gives a flying $%#@.

While Pitt is total scum- I do not "blame" Quse for making a choice to hop on the ACC bus- (we would have done the same)-but they are leaving so they can piss off. I hope they enjoy their time in the sun (not really- I don't care) because after their first loss their pant load fan base is gonna flip out. Quse can not beat the UNC's, UK type teams this year- they have zero chance at a NC. Either one of the big boys or a hot shooting mid-major is going to send them home- sorry I digress I meant- who cares?

Reaction Score
Quse can not beat the UNC's, UK type teams this year- they have zero chance at a NC. Either one of the big boys or a hot shooting mid-major is going to send them home- sorry I digress I meant- who cares?

Scot-e,

Would you interested in giving me 100/1 on Syracuse winning the national title? Mathematically, that would be a wise bet for you if you believe us to have a 0% chance of winning.

Reaction Score
This is a UCONN board. I did not write it for the few Quse fans hanging around here to get away from the non- basketball related stories on your board. Although I can't really blame you for that. The Quse fan base has to be one of the most universally unlikable in all of college sports. Even when they try to stick to basketball topics it is still usually a delusional mess.

Reaction Score
The Quse fan base has to be one of the most universally unlikable in all of college sports.

You are just a fountain of reasonable, unbiased observations. Have a good weekend, my friend.

Reaction Score
Thanks- I am very consistent. Have a nice weekend as well. Bye now.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
cuse bball fans are like bc football fans.

Reaction Score
Quse can not beat the UNC's, UK type teams this year- they have zero chance at a NC. Either one of the big boys or a hot shooting mid-major is going to send them home- sorry I digress I meant- who cares?

I disagree with this. I don't think Syracuse is going to win the title with this team. But a zone is the perfect thing to flummox a team like Kentucky (who has their worst freshmen point guard of the 3 Cal has brought in). I don't know enough about the SEC, but I don't think any of them play a zone.

As for UNC, I am unconvinced that they have the outside shooting to break a zone. Marshall, however, is good enough where that still may not be a problem

I think they have a legitimate shot against those teams (and OSU). But, given the landscape, they can just as easily fall to a mid-major, like you suggest. I think, of the 5 teams I think are going to be best (UNC, UK, OSU, SU, UConn), they have the greatest potential for that type of loss.

Reaction Score
St Pete is on the other side of the bay, thankfully, and a Holy UConn Ceremonial shrine

What's with Ybor City. It constantly appears in Hold Steady songs .

I thought that Trenton and Detroit were the pits of the US??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom