Boy does ESPN want Delaware to win... | The Boneyard

Boy does ESPN want Delaware to win...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They don't even try to hide who they want to win anymore or who they think brings the best ratings. They are very aware.

I still remember Burke being flat out angry when Louisville came back to beat the Paris twins and Oklahoma in the Final 4 in 2009. They did not want a repeat of the BE Final which UConn I think won by 50. And who could forget COME GET THE BALL SKYLAR!! primal scream of hers during our game in Denver last year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
UNC will take care of the hens tuesday night, if both advance that is

Reaction Score
I'm sure ESPN got word to the Refs at half time that a physical game favors West Virginia and a West Virginia victory is not good for ESPN's bottom line. The way the Ref's are calling the game in the 2nd half is an advantage for Delaware, and 180 degree change from the 1st half. ESPN wants Delle Donne in the tournament for ratings. No doubt about it, they want Delaware in Bridgeport.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
WVU tried to comply by playing the worst 12 minutes of basketball ever seen, but now they are trying to make up for it in the last 8 minutes of the game...

Reaction Score
I don't care. It is the point I want to make.

Let's see if you care when Doris Burke starts demanding Skylar Diggins win the game against us down the stretch so her 300,000 twitter followers can watch her lose to Griner again.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
Let's see if you care when Doris Burke starts demanding Skylar Diggins win the game against us down the stretch so her 300,000 twitter followers can watch her lose to Griner again. I imagine if she did you'd be the first to post about it.

Look, I'm just enjoying the day, watching the game. As for what I post about, please leave that to me.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Let's see if you care when Doris Burke starts demanding Skylar Diggins win the game against us down the stretch so her 300,000 twitter followers can watch her lose to Griner again.

Ozzie would be the last one to complain about it. I think you have him confused with yourself.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Delaware outscores WVU by 20 in the second half.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Boy EDD's parents take these games hard. They both looked they were going to be physically ill watching from the stands. They said EDD has never been so happy. Unfortunately the came isn't true for Mom and dad during games.

Reaction Score
Boy EDD's parents take these games hard. They both looked they were going to be physically ill watching from the stands. They said EDD has never been so happy. Unfortunately the came isn't true for Mom and dad during games.
You never really know. Maybe they were worried about their other kid or their aging parent. Maybe they were feeling under the weather but dragged themselves there anyway. Maybe they were wearing itchy underwear.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
You never really know. Maybe they were worried about their other kid or their aging parent. Maybe they were feeling under the weather but dragged themselves there anyway. Maybe they were wearing itchy underwear.

I don't think so. I have seen a few televised Hen games before and I think they are usually as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. :p

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I don't think so. I have seen a few televised Hen games before and I think they are usually as nervous as a cat in a room full of rocking chairs. :p

BB...good one...When I watched my son play, many around me would ask “Are you all right”, and I would say what will go on my tombstone…”No, I am not all right”.

Reaction Score
I don't care. It is the point I want to make.
How do you know she is a terrific teammate? She is by far the best player on her team, is she a better teammate than the other girls? Or are all the hens terrific teammates? Are any of the Uconn girls terrific teammate, are any not?

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
How do you know she is a terrific teammate? She is by far the best player on her team, is she a better teammate than the other girls? Or are all the hens terrific teammates? Are any of the Uconn girls terrific teammate, are any not?

You need a nap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc