Bowl season game thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Bowl season game thread

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That was weak, but they literally were dominated statistically by a severely depleted LSU team.

No doubt, the stats were ugly. But it was a 8 point game. If you just listened to the audio only, you would have thought this game was 70-3. UCF played a very mediocre game (by UCF standards) with its backup QB who had a horrendous game. No question. But this game was far from a blowout and far from any indication that the G5 doesn't deserve a Playoff spot ever...which is what the "telecast" quickly became as soon as LSU built on their leads and why I'm so mad.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
No doubt, the stats were ugly. But it was a 8 point game. If you just listened to the audio only, you would have thought this game was 70-3. UCF played a very mediocre game (by UCF standards) with its backup QB who had a horrendous game. No question. But this game was far from a blowout and far from any indication that the G5 doesn't deserve a Playoff spot ever...which is what the "telecast" quickly became as soon as LSU built on their leads and why I'm so mad.

That's a fair point. Truth is though, this year's UCF team wasn't nearly as good as last year's was. That team deserved a shot. This one is just a very good team.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
That's a fair point. Truth is though, this year's UCF team wasn't nearly as good as last year's was. That team deserved a shot. This one is just a very good team.

Completely agree. 2017 UCF > 2018 UCF. UCF's legit playoff chance was shot the second Milton got injured. I get mad when a completely under deserving Notre Dame team gets in when 2017 UCF doesn't. 2018 Notre Dame might be the "UConn in the BCS" worst participant in the modern playoff system. Completely overmatched - would've been blown out by any of the top 10 playoff finalists.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
They weren’t depleted on the lines, especially the dline.

LSU was down 3 out of their top 4 DL rotation. Fehoko, Farrell, and Ed Alexander (NFL entry) were all out. That was LSU's 3rd and 4th string DL except for Rashard Lawrence, who was a beast today.

Reaction Score
Wanted UCF to win; but, the Knights did keep it much closer that I honestly expected without Milton. While LSU was a few men down on defense before the game started (never mind during the game), he's a difference maker. LSU took advantage of a bigger line on both sides of the ball and a nervous back-up QB. With Milton, I think UCF wins the game. Both team were very undisciplined, emotions were too high on both teams. And, I agree, surprised the ESPN announcers even saw the game considering how much their were on their knees servicing their SEC and P5 masters.

Reaction Score
LSU was down 3 out of their top 4 DL rotation. Fehoko, Farrell, and Ed Alexander (NFL entry) were all out. That was LSU's 3rd and 4th string DL except for Rashard Lawrence, who was a beast today.
Guess he was all they needed. The better team won, but I still think Milton could have been the difference.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's not such a hot idea to bring into stadiums live animal mascots that are bigger than people. Especially ones with giant sharp horns.
Why? Don't they do it all the time with bull fighting?

Reaction Score
Everyone but Tulane and Cincinnati needs to drop football and join the Big East!

Waaaaaaaaaaa!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Hard to believe that people think a couple of college students can control a couple thousand pound animal. If he wants to go somewhere he is going to go there.

Kinda an indictment of critical thinking taught at college,no?

Reaction Score
Yep...Bevo definitely dropped his head and charged...led with horns...should have been ejected.

Maybe there was a "make up" call at the end of the game when the two Longhorn DBs were ejected.

Reaction Score
So we were watching a few bowl games and enjoying the day with some folks at the house yesterday. As is usual in those settings some were paying more attention to the TV than others. When Penn St made a valiant comeback against Kentucky after being down by 20 points in the 4th Q I said to no one in particular, “ What a comeback! Can you imagine if UConn were behind 27-7 in the 4th Q”? Without missing a beat my wife said “I’d be impressed “.

LOL—the truth hurts. Happy New Year everyone! Here’s to better days ahead.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom