Bowl Rumors | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bowl Rumors

Reaction Score
Flipper has a awesome resume. A great choice for the bowl committee.

In 2009 he fired head football coach Jeff Jagodzinskiafter Jagodzinski interviewed for the New York Jets head coaching job.[5] He was replaced by longtime defensive coordinator Frank Spaziani, who led the team to consecutive losing seasons in 2011 and 2012.[6] In 2010 he fired men's basketball coach Al Skinner after only his second losing season in ten years. Under Skinner, the Eagles made the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament seven times.[7] BC would not return to the NCAA tournament under Skinner's successor, Steve Donahue, who had a 54-76 record in his four seasons as head coach, and they have not returned since.

Reaction Score
The Wasabi Bowl is advised by a 16 member Executive Committee which includes:

Gen DeFilippo (yes, the former BC AD who lobbied against UConn to the ACC)
CEO Boston Chamber of Commerce
President and CEO Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau
Ex. Director Massachusetts Convention Center
Consultant - Marriott International
Chief Marketing Officer Boston Globe Media

So, I would think they would want at least one team that travels well and spends money in Boston and I can't see Gene D being a big booster for UConn.

They must get a lot done with a 16 member executive committee.......good lord! Sounds like a good place for DeFilippo.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
BC would not return to the NCAA tournament under Skinner's successor, Steve Donahue, who had a 54-76 record in his four seasons as head coach, and they have not returned since.
They thought they got their Hurley with that one. LOL.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know. I literally had that typed in my post.
In micro font.

The Wasabi founders went to Yale and Northeastern. Doubt they have any say in this. With AAC and ACC tie ins, if there are enough of those teams, I think we'd be out.

Yahoo has us in Orlando, for the Duluth Trading bowl. That's a good location, and I must confess, Duluth Trading makes the best underwear. They aren't lying about that.

Reaction Score
Flipper has a awesome resume. A great choice for the bowl committee.

In 2009 he fired head football coach Jeff Jagodzinskiafter Jagodzinski interviewed for the New York Jets head coaching job.[5] He was replaced by longtime defensive coordinator Frank Spaziani, who led the team to consecutive losing seasons in 2011 and 2012.[6] In 2010 he fired men's basketball coach Al Skinner after only his second losing season in ten years. Under Skinner, the Eagles made the NCAA Division I men's basketball tournament seven times.[7] BC would not return to the NCAA tournament under Skinner's successor, Steve Donahue, who had a 54-76 record in his four seasons as head coach, and they have not returned since.
But he did help keep UConn out of the ACC.

Reaction Score
FWIW (Blaud can be very hit or very miss):

If that is true it shows that Syracuse has roughly the same amount of influence in the ACC as Texas A&M (they’d never invite Oklahoma and Texas without telling us! Oh wait…)does in the SEC

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I think the Flipper ought to stick some wasabi up his nose.

1669951135537.png

Reaction Score
As mentioned above: Blaud can be a challenge w/ his info @ times but like a blind squirrel, he occasionally finds a nut (especially Boston-centric stuff):

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As mentioned above: Blaud can be a challenge w/ his info @ times but like a blind squirrel, he occasionally finds a nut (especially Boston-centric stuff):

Also completely ignoring that Cuse said they didn't want to go there. I mean, the ACC could outright ignore them, but it's a bad enough look that i don't think they would.

Reaction Score
Also completely ignoring that Cuse said they didn't want to go there. I mean, the ACC could outright ignore them, but it's a bad enough look that i don't think they would.
Yes - the Fenway Wasabi Bowl is on Dec. 17th, one of the earliest bowl games. Syracuse asked the ACC to consider not sending them to Fenway because they are still in the middle of final exams on 12/17.

Reaction Score
Like I said - Blaud can be very on, or very off or anything in between: He had Cincy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom