Bouknight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
The Hornets actually have a decent team, they’re above .500 and currently the 7 seed. They don’t need Bouknight it was a travesty he got drafted there with all the talent they have.

I don't see the travesty. Charlotte wants to draft talent and Bouknight can become a very valuable player that after development they can play or trade. It's no panacea to be drafted by a lousy team, Kemba got drafted by a lousy team and it wasn't necessarily good for him. The LA Clippers were lousy for decades and a lot of good players had lousy careers there. It can be favorable to be drafted into a good team and have to compete your way forward.

And it's not like Charlotte is so talented there is no path to playing time for James. I think he landed in a good spot. He just has to be humble, work hard, and make the most of it.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't see the travesty. Charlotte wants to draft talent and Bouknight can become a very valuable player that after development they can play or trade. It's no panacea to be drafted by a lousy team, Kemba got drafted by a lousy team and it wasn't necessarily good for him. The LA Clippers were lousy for decades and a lot of good players had lousy careers there. It can be favorable to be drafted into a good team and have to compete your way forward.

And it's not like Charlotte is so talented there is no path to playing time for James. I think he landed in a good spot. He just has to be humble, work hard, and make the most of it.
He’s not better than Hayward, Rozier, Ball, Oubre, Bridges, or Martin when he’s hot. He needs a new location where he actually gets burn.

pj

Reaction Score
He’s not better than Hayward, Rozier, Ball, Oubre, Bridges, or Martin when he’s hot. He needs a new location where he actually gets burn.

I'm with @Chief00 in the sense that what James needs to focus on is his development as a person and a player. And he has that opportunity to develop in Charlotte. If he develops, he'll get minutes in Charlotte or get traded to somewhere where he'll get minutes. He's good enough already to get a ton of minutes in Greensboro and backup minutes in Charlotte.

Reaction Score
Let me remind people, there are reasons (rightly or wrongly) why teams draft certain players? To some extent, they need to fit that team’s idea of their program/system.
So what Chief is saying to our beloved fans is don’t get infatuated that James would thrive or implode in another system.
Charlotte was the team who selected him and it’s up to him to put in the work and have the team orientation to make it work.
Regardless of where James might go he will need to do those two things. So he might as well do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom