Bouknight | The Boneyard

Bouknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
What is going on with Bouk in Charlotte? He hasn’t played in a basketball game in a month. First they had him on the injured list with a sketchy “neck soreness” diagnosis. Now that he’s been off the injured list for a week, he’s been in street clothes on the bench in each game since.

Are the Hornets beat writers asking questions about this?? I can’t imagine a more disastrous rookie season for our guy, and while he’s had some not great moments (public argument with Borrego, ejection at Gampel), most of it has not been his fault.

Reaction Score
Bad fit. Idk why they drafted him.

He came into a situation that is extremely unfavorable from a playing time perspective. With LaMelo and Rozier dominating the starting backcourt minutes and Cody Martin and Kelly Oubre acquiring most of the backup guard minutes, Bouknight never stood a chance in the rotation.

Reaction Score
Has he played since the altercation with the coach?

Reaction Score
Baggage? News to me. Please: enlighten us.
At UConn:
1) Evading Responsibility
2) Interfering with Police
3) Driving Without a License
4) Driving too fast for Conditions
5) Driving Another's Car Without Permission (oops, my bad, she "forgot" that she gave him "permission").

6) Verbal altercation with Hornets coach after logging fourteen, yes 14, seconds in a loss to the Miami Heat.

7) Classy (not) behavior on the sideline in UConn's victory over Xavier at Gampel.

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
I don't know but they brought up Isaiah Thomas and he's been getting some minutes. Bouknight is nowhere to be seen in the box score.

It's weird because when he's played significant minutes, he's put up good numbers.

Reaction Score
At UConn:
5) Driving Another's Car Without Permission (oops, my bad, she "forgot" that she gave him "permission").

6) Verbal altercation with Hornets coach after logging fourteen, yes 14, seconds in a loss to the Miami Heat.

7) Classy (not) behavior on the sideline in UConn's victory over Xavier at Gampel.
This is you right now.
Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Also funny how you made one incident 5 of your bullet points, almost as if you were clutching at straws.

Reaction Score
At UConn:

Because no 18 year old, anywhere, at any time, has ever done anything stupid.

Give the kid a break. He made amends, he moved on, Hurley moved on shortly after the incident as did his teammates. Fans moved on. Now you can too.

Reaction Score
Same thing happened with Malik Monk and he recently spoke to ESPN on his issues dealing with James Borrego and how it wasn't a good situation playing for him. If you draft Monk's replacement and you see the same stuff playing out eventually you're gonna have to examine the head coach. He was fooling around with Ball's playing time his first year as well before it became to obvious that you had to give Ball his minutes.

Reaction Score
My prayers are with James that he can turn the page and be the best that he can be. It’s been a very difficult pro career for James, starting in the Vegas when MJ had to intervene during the summer league.
Not everyone needs it, but as Chief advised a year ago, James would have benefited from another year of college and maturity before starting his pro journey. Unfortunately, he got involved with inexperienced advisors who thought it was all about taking the short term money on the table rather than building a solid long term foundation and very lucrative career.

Reaction Score
Because no 18 year old, anywhere, at any time, has ever done anything stupid.

Give the kid a break. He made amends, he moved on, Hurley moved on shortly after the incident as did his teammates. Fans moved on. Now you can too.
I couldn't agree more. I don't believe that a NBA team cares about what Bouknight did as a freshman in college (evading responsibility with motor vehicle) as long as he can produce in the NBA.

Reaction Score
At UConn:

A few thoughts here that others may have covered.

Why are 5/7 of your comments the exact same incident? I'm thinking it might be because you can't actually think of much to write.

This is NOTHING in terms of NBA baggage. Literally nothing.

18-year-olds makes mistake. gasps audibly

Reaction Score
I don't think it's time to panic yet. They are probably going to make playoffs/playin and the coach looks like he's coaching for his job so he's rolling with his veterans. The team is going to lose cody martin and/or miles bridges over the offseason so Bouk will have his opportunity to seize those minutes.

I wouldn't worry about things just yet, but obviously this offseason is going to be very important for him.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
At UConn:

OK, the "baggage" is moving violations, got it.

Now do "marginal talent."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
At UConn:

LOL, the first five items were in, what, his first 30 seconds on campus? How long does he have to “carry that baggage?“ do you still have “baggage” from when you were 18?

Reaction Score
At UConn:

I disagree with this. You probably would have been arrested for more than one "driving incident" if caught at his age. He wants to play is the other thing and he has been buried on the bench and sent down repeatedly. Woulda been better off with one more year of domination at UCONN. I truly believe this, never hurt Rip or Ray.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I disagree with this. You probably would have been arrested for more than one "driving incident" if caught at his age. He wants to play is the other thing and he has been buried on the bench and sent down repeatedly. Woulda been better off with one more year of domination at UCONN. I truly believe this, never hurt Rip or Ray.
I suspect that he would’ve benefited from one more year at Connecticut as well. But I think you have to go when you’re given the opportunity to play in the NBA and make life-changing money. It’s unfortunate that he’s not getting more burned this year, but there was no way for him to know that would happen.

Now the really interesting question is would Connecticut have been a better team with him? Don’t get me wrong he’s exactly the piece we need, a go to scorer, but I wonder how the rest of the team would’ve developed if they had had Bouk to defer to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom