Bouknight should start | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight should start

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Oh horse s h it, you show me where a coach doesn't take a kid out (especially a frosh) after he scores 9 points in five minutes, and the crowd goes wild in giving the kid a hand as he sits down. a hole

? Coaches take out a kid with a hot hand? idgt

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly, it's the reason why Hurley will not start Bouknight until next year. If Bouknight has two or three 30 point games, he could be one and done, and Hurley is not dumb enough to allow that to happen.

If any coach does that for a selfish reason is a coach who doesn't deserve to work with kids, a coach I would never send my kids to and a coach I would never recommend my players to play.
So you are ok with DH risking losses this year to prevent a player from leaving? What about the impact on the other players?
I pray DH is smart enough to let the kid score 30 pts a game if JB has it in him
Just makes zero sense IMO

Reaction Score
? Coaches take out a kid with a hot hand? idgt
Hey it happens, welcome to coaching. I wish I had $5 bucks for every post during the Xavier and Buffalo games, "how come Bouk isn't in" , "put Bouknight in", "why is Bouk sitting"......blah, blah, blah. You people don't have a clue

Reaction Score
Hey it happens, welcome to coaching. I wish I had $5 bucks for every post during the Xavier and Buffalo games, "how come Bouk isn't in" , "put Bouknight in", "why is Bouk sitting"......blah, blah, blah. You people don't have a clue
One, Bouk needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Bouk's not on screen, all the other players should be asking "Where's Bouk"?

Reaction Score
Bouknight should continue to come off the bench as an instant offense 6 man. He provides a different threat for opposing defenses to have to adjust to on the fly and outside the flow of the game at the start. For as badly as AG has played on the offensive side of the ball, he is one of our best on ball defenders, same with CV and Akok. That needs to be our identity this year is a team that can get after the opposition on the defensive end and right now Bouknight isn’t there yet with adjusting to the college demands on the defensive side of the ball.

Reaction Score
Please tell me you don't coach.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
No I don't, and you need to go flush yourself "superjohn".

Not sure if SuperJohn needs to flush, but any coach who did what your suggesting would lose the trust of the players.
Calhoun never stopped a kid from leaving when it was in his best interest. Neither would Hurley or, for that matter Ollie.

we may have had fathers' of players who thought like you do.

Reaction Score
Someone needs their diaper checked. He’s awful cranky

Reaction Score
Let the development of JB play out. Coach H gets the big bucks to WIN BABY. No good coach pulls his punches when it comes to winning.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Bouk needs to start for a number of reasons. First and foremost our biggest issue right now is slow starts. We lost to St Joes because we started in a 15 point hole. We’re also not a spectacular rebounding team, particularly on the offensive end, Bouk is a great offensive rebounding guard. He’s also our best player, you need your best player starting and play him the most minutes. We should be starting Bouk over Polley and subbing in Polley for Akok when we need offense. As much as I love Polley he is a one dimensional 3 point threat he hasn’t shown the improvement that was billed preseason. He does help spread the floor but so does Bouk. Start Bouk.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This is where coaches earn the big bucks. Hurley has 10 players that can contribute, but doesn't have a clear cut star or starting lineup, yet. Mixing and matching these players is going to be tough and there will be a lot of second guessing.

If Hurley does it right, this team could make the Sweet 16. If he blows it, they could be a first round exit from the NIT.

Reaction Score
One, Bouk needs to be louder, angrier, and have access to a time machine. Two, whenever Bouk's not on screen, all the other players should be asking "Where's Bouk"?
Great reference

Reaction Score
Kemba didn’t start in 08-09 but finished every game. Bouknight won’t start in 19-20 but will finish every game. Who really cares?

Reaction Score
This is where coaches earn the big bucks. Hurley has 10 players that can contribute, but doesn't have a clear cut star or starting lineup, yet. Mixing and matching these players is going to be tough and there will be a lot of second guessing.

If Hurley does it right, this team could make the Sweet 16. If he blows it, they could be a first round exit from the NIT.

No clear cut star? Are you really that blind?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom