Bouknight Sent Down! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Sent Down!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Bouk is tremendously talented. 30 ppg in his first two games as a pro. He had to leave, the fact that people are still debating that is laughable. Barring injury, he will get his shot. I see some big games in his future.

Reaction Score
This is not fair to put on bouks shoulders. Covid was out of his control, and he had a life decision to make. No matter which he chose, it was the right choice for him. You can’t tell a non basketball kid who had to go to class virtually from home all semester and missed out on a year of the “college experience” to go back and redo that year in school, it’s not rational. Same with my daughter having to learn virtually for kindergarten, sure she lost out on some important social development time in her life, but we had to move on and put her in first grade the following year.

The point is, you can’t let covid derail your life, everyone made the best of it, and you move on with your life with whatever the best path available is. For bouk, that was taking the guaranteed money from being a lottery pick. No one can fault him for that. He will develop just fine physically in the NBA, and arguably quicker than he would have in college. I’m sure he wishes he had a normal postseason he could have played in, but nothing he could do different.
Bouk could’ve easily sat out the season with the injury in a covid year, as other players did. Hurleys first recruit, look the talent we had just 2 years ago was now and more coming.

Reaction Score
I do get that when the NBA comes calling and your projected at a certain area of the draft, take the money and run cause you never know what will happen injury wise the next year. However I believe his handlers had a lot to do to influence him IMO, I really and honestly believe he wanted to play another year. Barring any injury he would have been a top 5 pick in this year's draft. Not to mention that with him on this years team we could of been a final 4 team in the big dance. That may still happen as we are still growing as team.

Good point @rollskies. Just saw your post as I was doing mine. Always wish the best for our players when they move on and Bouk is no different.
He doesn’t have a “handler” he has a “Mentor” who did a damn good job getting him to a prep school and getting him to Uconn. Let’s not forget that the coaching staff at Uconn was also a part of the final decision and the consensus across the board was that he had to go. We are talking about a kid that could have mailed it in after being injured. I can’t tell if ppl are rooting for him to fail or want to see him succeed. This is just ridiculous!!!

Reaction Score
For those who are following, there is another Greensboro Swarm game Bouk will be playing in tonight. The games have been streaming for free on the g-league website.

Reaction Score
He doesn’t have a “handler” he has a “Mentor” who did a damn good job getting him to a prep school and getting him to Uconn. Let’s not forget that the coaching staff at Uconn was also a part of the final decision and the consensus across the board was that he had to go. We are talking about a kid that could have mailed it in after being injured. I can’t tell if ppl are rooting for him to fail or want to see him succeed. This is just ridiculous!!!

Preach. The idea that Bouk and our coaching staff are somehow dumb enough to let him get taken advantage of by people hungry for money and clout is crazy. The right decision was made for Bouk and him family--period.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Too many people stuck in the past. The NBA has changed. There was a time they loved juniors and seniors. Then they drafted HS kids and ended up burning 1st round picks on a load of busts (and hits, like Kobe). They have settled in, they draft freshmen and sophomores. If you can’t show you are NBA material in two years your stock drops. The process has changed. With the G league and that thing Ollie has, more kids will be groomed like in baseball, without the big first contract.

There are rare exceptions. Agbaji at KU may be a rare senior who sneaks into round 1. Because he’s utterly dominant. But someone like Sanogo is going to see his stock fall if he comes back unless he starts knocking down 3s and adds a lot to his game.

Reaction Score
Didn’t read anything. My opinion. I still think MJ is the greatest But get the out of charl otte

he’s a trade chip

Reaction Score
My bad! "handler" was a bad word choice. It was not meant to demean anyone especially Bouk who I am very grateful and happy that he came to Storrs. I am a fan and would like him to succeed in the NBA just like all our players that went on to the league. I am not disputing anything that @husky429 and the rest that I have taken extreme voiced opinion of my post. This is a forum that people voice their opinion, I did with a word that is used often and I should not have. My apologies to all that may have been offended. I just thought 1 more year MIGHT of been better for him and his family.

Reaction Score
Preach. The idea that Bouk and our coaching staff are somehow dumb enough to let him get taken advantage of by people hungry for money and clout is crazy. The right decision was made for Bouk and him family--period.
The coaching staff did not drive that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom