Bouknight Preseason Debut | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Preseason Debut

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
I know this has been said in the past during his time with us but his body language on the bench is horrendous. I cringe every time I see him live.

Reaction Score
I bet on the Hornets because it was the home opener and Indiana had a few injuries, but I did not expect the Bouk dnp and 20 point 3rd Q comeback.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I’m sorry how does your lottery pick not get run in game 1?!

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Still weird he didn’t get any run at all with Rozier out. Not saying the sky is falling but not a great look to start the year, let’s not forget how the hornets handled the whole Malik monk situation early on.

Reaction Score
Still weird he didn’t get any run at all with Rozier out. Not saying the sky is falling but not a great look to start the year, let’s not forget how the hornets handled the whole Malik monk situation early on.
It really wasn’t THAT weird tho. Hornets played a pretty short bench, in a game, trying to come back. Only guard they played outside their starters was Ish. Ish is a PG, creating for others hasn’t been a skill yet that Bouk has displayed. The ability to create for others will likely increase his minutes in the future.

Reaction Score
It was as stupid a take then as it is now
Give me a reason why he doesn’t play especially with Rozier out. He’s being set up to fail, like almost every Hornets draft pick not named Melo. It’s a trash organization and that’s why I didn’t want him there. Your career doesn’t get better there 9/10 times.

Reaction Score
Totally different coaching staff. Cliff is notorious for not playing younger players. Monks issues were a lot to do with off the court stuff and not committing to defense.

Reaction Score
Very obvious in this thread that people don’t actually follow the Hornets. Player development under Borrego is an emphasis unlike the previous coaching staff(s) with Cliff that was much more veteran oriented. Every needs to chill, it was one game lol. I know coaches who know that Hornets staff well, everything I’ve heard is that they are really impressed with Bouk. He’s a rookie and it’s the first game, chill. He’s going to get to run… And of late, they’ve developed players well. Rozier, Ball, Bridges, Graham etc. A place where players go to die isn’t the Hornets anymore.

Reaction Score
Not reading too much into this unless we get 3 or 4 games in with no PT. Very well could be an off-court discipline thing again, a sore elbow they don't want to mention... anything.

Reaction Score
Not reading too much into this unless we get 3 or 4 games in with no PT. Very well could be an off-court discipline thing again, a sore elbow they don't want to mention... anything.
Yep, I wouldn’t look all that much into it. I know people will look at the score and ask how he wasn’t playing down 20+. But this was a have to have it game for the Hornets, Look at who played. Indiana only went 8 deep, Hornets only played one guard off the bench. Can’t compare him to Duarte who may have been the most pro ready player in the draft, he’s also 24 year old rookie… He’ll get some run tomorrow against the Cavs even if Rozier comes back. The rotations will look a bit different.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom