Bouknight Preseason Debut | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Preseason Debut

Reaction Score
So weird to hate on a husky who bleeds blue when they’re having success.
Chief wants the best for James, who I have known since his prep days. The issue is not with him but the well meaning Casual Fan such as @Waquoit who try to make James about “cool plays” or channel to off court stuff - when he needs to work on being a dog (as Ryan Boatright would say), making winning plays and conditioning/game prep.

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Chief wants the best for James, who I have known since his prep days. The issue is not with him but the well meaning Casual Fan such as @Waquoit who try to make James about “cool plays” or channel to off court stuff - when he needs to work on being a dog (as Ryan Boatright would say), making winning plays and conditioning/game prep.
Your initial comment had nothing to do with that and was instead geared towards belitting an impressive play Bouk made by downplaying it happening while his team was losing.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sounds like Chief is shading Bouk for putting him in his RVM.

Reaction Score
Funny - looks more comfortable in the NBA than he did at UCONN. Good for him!!

Reaction Score
Your initial comment had nothing to do with that and was instead geared towards belitting an impressive play Bouk made by downplaying it happening while his team was losing.
It was the comment in the post I was replying to - I don’t know how much more related it can be. It had everything to do with it.

Reaction Score
Tonight on ESPN. Let’s see some solid garbage time bouknight

Reaction Score
Oubre, Rozier, and Hayward out. He might get the start.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
2F8355BB-9FED-40D9-A7DD-BE3BB927B00B.jpeg

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
He’s obviously got a long way to go but with the ease with which he can get himself offensive looks you could see how he could grow into a 20ppg guy

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Not the best game to go to thus far. Getting wrecked

Reaction Score
The Hornets looked horrendous. No urgency with the ball. No ability to finish. Bouk was way too hesitant in the first half on the 2nd unit. He'd run the set, and then pass the ball when he didn't have an immediate opening, and let Ish Smith drive at his guy and attempt to either pass to someone not ready or throw up a prayer.

I didn't watch the 2nd half, but looks like he took and missed a few more shots.

Bouknight was a -39 +/- in the game.

Reaction Score
The Hornets looked horrendous. No urgency with the ball. No ability to finish. Bouk was way too hesitant in the first half on the 2nd unit. He'd run the set, and then pass the ball when he didn't have an immediate opening, and let Ish Smith drive at his guy and attempt to either pass to someone not ready or throw up a prayer.

I didn't watch the 2nd half, but looks like he took and missed a few more shots.

Bouk had a few nice drives in the second half. He looked ok, but the Hornets were a mess due to all the missing players. I'm not worried about Bouk at all. One the starters and Oubre return, he will look fine playing alongside them.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score

From my vantage point I saw the coach imploring him to take the ball to the basket each time he checked in. I’m not sure Bouk is super comfortable with contact right now though he got hurt twice again this game when he took heavy contact. Mavs have some big boys. Charlotte was without their 4 best players much of the game he should have had a better game. Mavs looked to be a much better coached team, even their routine coming out of the tunnel was very structured. Charlotte seemed to be playing much more freestyle.

Reaction Score
Funny - looks more comfortable in the NBA than he did at UCONN. Good for him!!
Actually in some was the NBA is better suited for some guys games. Plus the defense is schemed to stop you in college. With 5 good players on the floor defense has to be honest.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Not the best game to go to thus far. Getting wrecked

Don't get down on yourself. It's preseason. You have time to learn how to hold your phone correctly for taking pics. Some of the newer phones even let you check out a pic after you take it and rotate it.

We know you have better games ahead of you.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom