Bouknight on VT visit | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight on VT visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you are Bouknight, why wouldnt you come here? He is the shooter we need and will certainly get to be a featured part of the offense while playing for a top notch coach. I feel real good about an announcement soon.

The only pure shooting guard we are paying attention to from what I can see.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
If you are Bouknight, why wouldnt you come here? He is the shooter we need and will certainly get to be a featured part of the offense while playing for a top notch coach. I feel real good about an announcement soon.
I'm optimistic too, but I'd be a bit wary about UConn too- we had a losing record the last 2 years and are in the AAC.
I believe Hurley will turn it around, but it's not like we are a perfect destination at the moment when you say "why wouldn't you come here?". There are legitimate reasons why a recruit wouldn't come here right now.

Reaction Score

Agreed, really don’t pay too close attention to the trend from other schools, but seems like UConn has a really good track record of taking lower ranked guards to the nba. Recently in particular (which is what kids remember), kemba, shabazz, lamb, even guys like boatright, purvis, Hamilton, vital, and Jalen Adams have had legit shots / will have shots at the nba. Seems like the school has the right mix of national exposure/prestige, and playing time (especially right now) that could attract lots of talent.

Programs like Kentucky and duke produce lots of nba talent and stars, but wouldn’t exactly attribute that to their development, more so that these recruits were already top 10 recruits coming in. Just think if a guy like chase jeter came to uconn a few years ago, he’d be a star, instead he’s riding the bench (if I recall correctly he transferred to Arizona or something?)

Reaction Score
It's gotta be a good sign that:

1) We are in his top-5
2) He has yet to schedule an official visit VCU or Indiana
3) UConn is his third and last scheduled official school visit

Watching more of his game over the last couple weeks, he has a similar build, athletic ease and smooth shot to Jeremy Lamb. Between Bouknight, Polley, Brendan Adams, that's nice group of players who could bring a consistent outside element to the team that has been missing since the 13-14 season with Bazz, DD, Giffey and Boat.

Definitely in the sweet spot.

Reaction Score
Well to all this ^

-Indiana got their shooter. So gotta think that's probably out even though he can compete for minutes
-I mean VCU isn't in much better shape if they even are than us - and we're a higher profile still. I mean looking at us head to head with them, we're the better option even though you're mostly looking at the same two things. Plus he hasn't scheduled a visit.

I mean sure - anyone could go to a bigger school and kids are suckered by the 'higher profile' - but he's kind of in that range where i'm not sure that's as much of a factor and kids are a little more conscious of who they are and where they will play a bigger role over the course of the time they're at school.

Like I said - he seems like the one guy on the list I'm pretty unconcerned about. I'd be surprised if we didn't land him.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Doomed

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Agreed, really don’t pay too close attention to the trend from other schools, but seems like UConn has a really good track record of taking lower ranked guards to the nba. Recently in particular (which is what kids remember), kemba, shabazz, lamb, even guys like boatright, purvis, Hamilton, vital, and Jalen Adams have had legit shots / will have shots at the nba. Seems like the school has the right mix of national exposure/prestige, and playing time (especially right now) that could attract lots of talent.

Programs like Kentucky and duke produce lots of nba talent and stars, but wouldn’t exactly attribute that to their development, more so that these recruits were already top 10 recruits coming in. Just think if a guy like chase jeter came to uconn a few years ago, he’d be a star, instead he’s riding the bench (if I recall correctly he transferred to Arizona or something?)

For the record, Kemba, Purvis, Hamilton, Adams, and kinda Boatright were all highly ranked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44