Bouknight on the rise | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight on the rise

Reaction Score
CV was playing like a 1st or 2nd team AA the last month of the season.

He was a leader and played really good. It helped the whole team was playing really good but Bouknight was special and took over when he needed to. The AA was Bouk but again, CV was really good too but certainly other teams being more leery of Bouk helped everyone else.

Reaction Score
He was a leader and played really good. It helped the whole team was playing really good but Bouknight was special and took over when he needed to. The AA was Bouk but again, CV was really good too but certainly other teams being more leery of Bouk helped everyone else.
Bouk last 9 games: 17.3 ppg 5.7 rbs 1.7 asts

CV last 9 games: 21.8 ppg 5.7 rbs 3.0 asts and 2.9 steals

Reaction Score
Bouk last 9 games: 17.3 ppg 5.7 rbs 1.7 asts

CV last 9 games: 21.8 ppg 5.7 rbs 3.0 asts and 2.9 steals

Like I said he was really good had a couple monster games to boot. Not going to argue but when we needed something, especially 2nd half it was Bouk. Everyone fed off the fact the other teams were concerned about Bouk more than anyone. And CV too huge advantage of that as a really good player should. He deserves your ratings no doubt. And more than anything he did during these games we will miss that guy that made tons of key FT's.

C

Chief00

I have to say CV drove me nuts the first three years he was here but those last 10 games of this past season he was incredible. Ice water from the line too
CV gave us so much the last 10 games, he will be greatly missed, despite the talent here.
As Chief has said, early last season we so often beat ourselves through bad turnovers and shot selection. Once those two issues got cleaned up - it was amazing what that group could do.

Last edited by a moderator:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Once those two issues got cleaned up - it was amazing what that group could do.
Those issues "got cleaned up" at the same time Gilbert had his meltdown. Amazing coincidence.

Reaction Score
Like I said he was really good had a couple monster games to boot. Not going to argue but when we needed something, especially 2nd half it was Bouk. Everyone fed off the fact the other teams were concerned about Bouk more than anyone. And CV too huge advantage of that as a really good player should. He deserves your ratings no doubt. And more than anything he did during these games we will miss that guy that made tons of key FT's.
Very fair point. The only point was BK’s great play wasn’t lost on the those in the know because of the AAC. It was simply that CV was on fire and burning a bit brighter.

Reaction Score
CV gave us so much the last 10 games, he will be greatly missed, despite the talent here.
As Chief has said, early last season we so often beat ourselves through bad turnovers and shot selection. Once those two issues got cleaned up - it was amazing what that group could do.

I mean it's scary what their record and ranking could've been if both CV and AG played as they did in the latter part of the year. I mean both were dreadful in shot selection, TO's and such during those games in which we either had a lead late, were tied late or very much in the games right to the buzzer or so. Easily a 20 plus win team with these guys playing better. But they were also the reason we were still in those games on the other end and that will be missed more than we can imagine. CV's toughness, FT shooting in the clutch are 2 things we will need to replace as a team somehow. Think we can manage the rebounding he brought but let's see if we can find the go-to guy to hand it off too to finish games at the line, not an easy task.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I was trying to move forward.
But it was such an important turning point, the turning point imo, that it seems odd to let it pass without comment. It's like it's a family secret.

Reaction Score

Saw this on Twitter - looks like Cole Anthony going up against Bouk in a workout. Anyone know when this is from? Hope he’s managing to get good work in during quarantine

C

Chief00

Saw this on Twitter - looks like Cole Anthony going up against Bouk in a workout. Anyone know when this is from? Hope he’s managing to get good work in during quarantine

It’s best to leave these things alone, given today’s unique circumstances. I don’t know why someone is videotaping?

Reaction Score
I mean it's scary what their record and ranking could've been if both CV and AG played as they did in the latter part of the year. I mean both were dreadful in shot selection, TO's and such during those games in which we either had a lead late, were tied late or very much in the games right to the buzzer or so. Easily a 20 plus win team with these guys playing better. But they were also the reason we were still in those games on the other end and that will be missed more than we can imagine. CV's toughness, FT shooting in the clutch are 2 things we will need to replace as a team somehow. Think we can manage the rebounding he brought but let's see if we can find the go-to guy to hand it off too to finish games at the line, not an easy task.

You're right about the toughness of CV. I'm trying to guess who will take the big shots, get the key rebound, make the free throws in the last two minutes, defend the other team's best player and pull the team together this year when they're down.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom