Bouknight on the rise | The Boneyard

Bouknight on the rise

Reaction Score
Yeah, I thought he became close to an average defender at the end of the year, after he learned to stop fouling so much and he has shown ability to get in passing lanes but I wouldn't say he is solid yet. Hopefully he will be next season.
He has the physical tools - length, quick feet, athleticism - to be a great defender. He just needs more experience and someone teaching him how to play defense. So with all that being said I expect he will be an elite defender at some point.

Reaction Score
If he continues on his current trajectory, I’d be shocked if there were 14 other freshmen and first year G Leaguers (as the big board cites) better than him by the end of the year.

Also very interesting that the entire lottery then is to be made up of freshmen, first year G Leaguers and one international. Obviously Sophomores and upperclassmen who break out will work their way into that conversation, but interesting there are not too many high profile returners.

Reaction Score
I’m excited to see where Bouk is at with his game in the fall, his potential seems limitless. The biggest takeaway from his freshman year for me (other than his athleticism) was that he never seemed afraid/timid. He’s got a chance to be really special.

C

Chief00

He has the physical tools - length, quick feet, athleticism - to be a great defender. He just needs more experience and someone teaching him how to play defense. So with all that being said I expect he will be an elite defender at some point.
It’s all projection and as you say he has the athletic tools.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Good for him
Now it's important that he pushes this in the rear of the think bank and work on the things (I feel SI overestimated him in a few areas) that will get him to the lottery and help UConn be successful in the 1st year in the NBE
He has such a HUGE upside

Reaction Score
Weird but Bouk still has ways to go. We saw bits and pieces, mainly because of his willingness to defer to CV, the Senior. Also it was mainly the 2nd half of the season when he exploded on the scene.

I believe he hasn't really had his 'coming out' yet. Lets hope he continues to maintain a level head because the scouts, press and all that, are here. Its now in his hands, because he's got 'it'.

As for me I'm looking for his improvements in his defense and 3 point shooting and him dominating games this coming year. He'll be double teamed more, and have defensive focus each game that's for sure.

If he stays for 3 years, he would be our next AA. I really believe that.

Just trying to stay grounded as a fan, because its been a desert here since Bazz/Boat left. Its exciting again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Great pub for JB and the Program..Becoming the "face" for DH/staff's recruiting wins.. Once he strengthens his body a little bit more.. He can be electric..Make a few jumpers..Share the ball with his new teammates.. Looking forward to that first 3 on 2 fast break with RJ or JG in the middle.. JB/AJ on the wings..At MSG.. Showtime..

Reaction Score
If he continues on his current trajectory, I’d be shocked if there were 14 other freshmen and first year G Leaguers (as the big board cites) better than him by the end of the year.

Also very interesting that the entire lottery then is to be made up of freshmen, first year G Leaguers and one international. Obviously Sophomores and upperclassmen who break out will work their way into that conversation, but interesting there are not too many high profile returners.
I think that'll pretty much be the consensus for any mock you see this early. Basically any freshman who's a consensus lottery pick declares

Reaction Score
A few pulls from Bouk's blurb: Despite an impressive second-half breakout, Bouknight remained somewhat under the radar as a freshman (link theirs)...Bouknight’s leap this season should have been more noteworthy than it was...

Translation:
Played in the AAC
Nope. CV was just playing out of his mind and overshadowed him. The team was clicking. It kills me that we didn’t get to finish off the season. I think they had a fair chance to win the AAC tourney and earn auto selection.

Reaction Score
I’m excited to see where Bouk is at with his game in the fall, his potential seems limitless. The biggest takeaway from his freshman year for me (other than his athleticism) was that he never seemed afraid/timid. He’s got a chance to be really special.
Only game he really seemed somewhat out of sorts was his “homecoming” game in the garden against Indiana

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
People are finally starting to realize what a special talent this kid is.
That is excellent news for this kid. However sad for me. I was hoping to see him in Atlantis 2021.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom