"Bouknight might be the best scorer in college basketball" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

"Bouknight might be the best scorer in college basketball"

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
thoughts on a snowy day:
what if james and paige lead their squads to national championships, and collect 'best players in the land' awards? beyond cool. supercool. it could happen, ya know. full stop.
thoughts on a snowy day.
Yes I took UConn to win the national championship at +7500 when Bouknight was out.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
During the last two W’s I’ve enjoyed ‘Roni - mush ‘Za. This will be my order going forward for all UConn games. Full stop.
Found the guy who actually used "za".

But don't change. Potential mojo.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I was in Tampa in '99. But watching the replay I remember the call from Billy Packer (Mr. ACC): "Richard Hamilton has been the scorer of this tournament."

So true and so satisfying. Best team and best player -- we really had arrived.
That reminds me of a Big East Tournament a number of years ago when the New York press was calling Ben Gordon
"Madison Square Gordon"

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
He's not a slouch at the defensive end either. He just needs to get even stronger so guys can't push him off and discard him as easily.

I think some people who don't watch UConn much (especially with his absence making it tougher don't realize is how hard he plays defensively. I think his low key style sometimes masks his effort. When he and Jackson are on the floor together, they could really get under the skin of some of the team's future opponents. Throw Whaley behind them and a really good defensive team could be even better.

He has gotten much better. He's using his quickness and that court awareness on the defensive end now. Anticipating better. He was always a good rebounder for a guard as well. He's just a superb basketball player. Agree he could get a little stronger, especially for the next level, where so many of those guys are very strong.

Reaction Score
I was in Tampa in '99. But watching the replay I remember the call from Billy Packer (Mr. ACC): "Richard Hamilton has been the scorer of this tournament."

Ahhh and to watch Trajan Langdon fall flat on his face due to Ricky Moore’s suffocating D. Priceless We were 10 point dogs that game too.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
AKA. Period. End of story.

I had a judge deny a motion by writing, in pen, on the motion: "Motion denied. Period." Which I thought was a little unnecessary. She really could have let the period speak for itself.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Early in Rip's freshman season when I was first sorting out who was better between KFree and him, I made the distinction for the first time in my life between a great shooter and a great scorer. He put the ball in the hole. Bouk does the same.

Reaction Score
I had a judge deny a motion by writing, in pen, on the motion: "Motion denied. Period." Which I thought was a little unnecessary. She really could have let the period speak for itself.
She should have used "Full Stop"

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
He's not a slouch at the defensive end either. He just needs to get even stronger so guys can't push him off and discard him as easily.

I think some people who don't watch UConn much (especially with his absence making it tougher don't realize is how hard he plays defensively. I think his low key style sometimes masks his effort. When he and Jackson are on the floor together, they could really get under the skin of some of the team's future opponents. Throw Whaley behind them and a really good defensive team could be even better.
Reminds me of a strategy we employed previously to win a national championship...

Reaction Score
I do believe you said, "SHE"?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

She was probably on the rag.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
He's INCREDIBLE today!!!! Just wow!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members